Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

You posted a conspiracy theory. Fair play, you got some positive feedback form a JR fan, but you hardly expected nobody to point out that youve posted a conspiracy theory, did you?

Well, our part of the world where there are millions of people who listen to JR and think he's selling knowledge rather than entertainment.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Ah give over.

On one hand you're giving out that someone pulled a conspiracy theory off Twitter and in the same post you're spouting that unhinged lunacy.

There's no point quoting me for further response. You've gone off the deep end.

Sure you are. Lol.

You could Google it, or you could wait for JR to do a show about it.

But obviously you're not being serious and would like to go sideways into a debate about what exactly defines a conspiracy theory. Anything to deflect that you skipped over the conspiracy theory and and jumped to calling me stupid.

Just to clarify, when I used the term 'conspiracy theory', I meant it in the absolutely normal sense.

I've gone off the deep end? Just a few posts above this is a conspiracy theory about what political movement is out to get JR. You do t seem to be completely corned enough about thst conspiracy theory to even respond to it, but I'm off the deep end for pointing out the danger of people mistaking knowledge for information? Be serious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I don't think twitter is probably the best source for any accusation especially if it's not a named real person on Twitter. Though saying that Joe does tend to just google answers on his show which seems a worse way to get real information. Traditional journalists may be just employees to biased media organisations but they are probably doing more work than random anonymous people on twitter

Nope. No thoughts. Wait for rogan to do a show about it, would be my suggestion.

Aren't you even a bit disappointed in yourself thst you're skipping over the conspiracy theory to challenge me for calling it a conspiracy theory?

Do you think maybe I'm giving you more credit than necessary? Like, how did you feel about the conspiracy theory?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Because YouTube won't allow some of his stuff or they will demonitize the podcasts with wrong speak/thought

Sure. I'm very stupid.

But still nobody has even taken issue with the conspiracy theory above. You're the second poster to completely ignore what i said about the conspiracy theory, and instead call me stupid. But nobody has even acknowledged the conspiracy theory -except then one poster who complimented the "research" .

Conspiracy theory was the slur used at those who suspected Covid was leaked from Wuhan lab. Anyone claiming that at the start of the pandemic was labelled an unhinged racist conspiracy theorist. But who now seriously disagrees with this? My point is that using the words conspiracy theory doesn't invalidate someone's opinion anymore. We are living in a dystopia world in many ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

In ireland we are probably living in our best period economically,and socially are more free than ever before. This dystopia is not half bad.

You don't know what a conspiracy theory is, and you suggest im stupid? Lol.

I get it, you'd like a nice long sidetrack discussion about the definition of a conspiracy theory. And all to avoid the conspiracy theory a few posts ago in this thread.

Anyone who pretended to know where covid came from at the start of the pandemic, was conspiracy theorising. Do you know how I know that? Its because nobody had a clue back then so pretending to know one origin or another was true, was probably conspiracy theorising.

Waiting for the evidence, and a consensus to emerge, isn't conspiracy theorising. But only for the absolutely obvious reasons. Do you get the difference?

Conspiracy theorist still is a slur -for anyone who understands the difference between real information and an anonymous tweet or afacebook post that agrees with your bias.

The thing is thst more and more people can't tell the difference between real information and the entertaiers like JR.

No idea. If you think that's what they're doing, make your case.

Are you calling the tweet above, abductive reasoning and not a conspiracy theory?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Cody montana

A dystopia world, ffs, I’ve heard it all now.

We’ve never had it so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭VillageIdiot71

Indeed, how suddenly Joe Rogan is apparently more powerful that the combined Governments of the democratic world is a wonder to behold. Suddenly he's right in the middle of Covid denial, racism and misogyny. All I'm waiting for is a headline "Pedo listens to Joe Rogan podcast while lurking outside school", just to get it all in there.

If it's possible to take a step back. (And then another step back). Why are still talking about this? And I'm still here, so I'm including myself in this. Why am I, apparently, convinced that this is the defining issue of the moment. I mean, the guy is being treated unfairly and his podcast is being depicted in a ludicrous manner. He doesn't deserve being blaggarded like this. But I've already said that. Why do I feel a need to repeat? Isn't this part of the problem?

Just as a little illustration of how ludicrous the situation is (to which we are all contributing our share), this thread started in 2011. It took about ten years to accumulate about 1,200 posts - call it an average of 10 posts per month. We've added another 400 posts in a couple of weeks, since Neil Young made his statement.

If I post again in this thread, someone report me. If you need a ground, I'll just mention that in Pulp Fiction Quentin Tarantino delivers the line "Did you see a sign outside that says 'Dead N1gger Storage'? No? That's because there isn't a sign saying 'Dead N1gger Storage'". That should be enough to end my hopes of ever having a popular podcast on Spotify.

We may be doing well economically but we don't really have much of an intellectual debate in Ireland in terms of left versus right which may or may not be a good thing. Thankfully there is not much in the way of censorship either. But my point is that people were probably booted off social media for having opinions that might turn out to be true. Alex Jones was warning about Jeffrey Epstein type scenarios for years and everyone rolled their eyes like sure Alex there's a cabal of rich and famous people benefitting from sex trafficking sure whatever you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

On the Tarantino thing, surely you realise that was a character he was playing?

Joe compared black people to apes and has said they're less intelligent than whites.

I do think he made a mistake going to spotif. He should say what he likes. But now he's answerable to spotify and they're well within their rights to censor him if that's what they want. Personally I think they knew what they were getting, but they're now his boss and he has to dance to their tune. Basically, he sold out big time

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Correct. The conspiracy theory guys are great at changing the past. While they did say it came from a wuhan lab, that's definitely not confirmed or the general consensus now. They also thought covid didn't exist, it was the same as the common cold or the "scamdemic", they thought masks make people faint through lack of oxygen, they though the vaccine was a plan to kill people. Don't get me started on Q and their underground tunnels of kids and cities of prisoners and barges to gitmo

• Advertisement

Wokerati. Groan.

Did you seriously follow a sentence suggesting I smear everything I don't like, with the term wokerati? Are you trying to break irony?

Sure. It's all 50:50. Nothing is a conspiracy theory

Look, back in the real world, you're making excuses for a conspiracy theory, pretending you don't know what a conspiracy theory is and favouring suggesting I'm stupid instead of even acknowledging the conspiracy theory. I think you can do better.

Haha..say it again..

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭HerrKapitan

I suppose there is some missing context to that also.

Yeah qanon makes thousnadsnof claims. It's inevitable thatnsoem of them will turn out to be true. The question is whether they're using a reliable method to reach theor conclusions. And the answer to that is absolutely not.

There's doesn't seem to be any method to the qanon claims anymore since QAnon themself, stopped posting. Qanon supporters have started making things up as they go along and forgetting every predictionnthe minute it fails to manifest.

Bill Cosby, Jimmy Saville, some high status Catholic clergy, Jeffery Epstein. They're examples of deviants. To go from the qanon claims to the actual truth takes serious cherry picking. You'd be as successful if you made a thousand claims a year and wait to see which ones actually come to pass and ignore all the rest, and declare yourself insightful. It's total guff.

I think the bigger picture is this. Joe Rogan has a podcast. If he says something that violates the law of the land, then he should face the full consequences of that. But if he is sharing opinions that you don't like or agree with, that alone is not reason to ban him. Doesn't matter how popular he is. Nobody has the right to deny other people the right to listen to nonsense if they are stupid enough to want to listen to nonsense. I don't like the show Loose Women on tv and I think they talk a lot of nonsense that gullible people swallow whole. But I would never think they should be censored or have disclaimers over the programmes. Adults have a responsibility to inform themselves. Nobody should be playing censor for other adults.

Really? Like the Wuhan lab leak theory is untrue? Do you still think it came from bats in a wet market or something? Come on. Remember we talk about communist China. Chances of the real truth being openly revealed being close to zero.

• Advertisement

No of course, I'm very stupid. You've already made that point a few times. I think you're tight that conspiracy theories have taken off in the last few years. JR plays his part in introducing lots ofnpeopel to the conspiracy theorists. The flat earth stuff is an good example but the qanon conspiracy theory is a big one. The scamdemic and pandemic were big conspiracy theories over the last few years and the conspiracy about the political movenent to cancel JR because he's stealing the democrats audience or whetever the one a few posts ago inthis thread was about. You might call them abductive reasoning and that's your right. But I think you're better than that.

They're based on nonsense. That much is pretty obvious.

Advertisement