Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male circumcision...mutilation?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I'm a guy with a foreskin. I can 100% assure you that there is a LOT of feeling in that particular bit of skin. It's not just a random bit of skin.

I won't get into the gory mechanics of how it interacts with the penis to give you an orgasm, you can look that up yourself if you want.

I too have foreskin and whilst I do enjoy my foreskin I have a friend who is lacking in the foreskin department and is content with his lack of foreskin (and he gets more pootang then then myself and most of my skinned friends)

"foreskin" four times!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

Seachmall wrote: »
    I too have foreskin and whilst I do enjoy my foreskin I have a friend who is lacking in the foreskin department and is content with his lack of foreskin (and he gets more pootang then then myself and most of my skinned friends)

"foreskin" four times!

do ye get them out in the pub or something?

optogirl wrote: »
    It came up in drunken banter when he was talking about an embarrassing/intimate situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Oh its a commonly know fact that women have cameras installed above urinals with wifi link to their iphones to do the foreskin check on any guy they are thinking of sleeping with....:rolleyes:
    Don't you have the app ?? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭unbeat

that is bollocks
    if you will pardon the pun

not quite. here are some of the highly though out and logical reasons for the beginning of the circumcision trend in the usa.

http://www.whale.to/a/timeline.html

if not bothered to look at link heres a few good ones:
    1865 Nathaniel Heckford claims that circumcision cures epilepsy
    1870 Lewis A. Sayre declares that circumcision prevents spinal paralysis
    1873 Joseph Bell(..end) announces his discovery that circumcision cures bed wetting.
    1886 William G. Eggleston declares that foreskin causes crossed eyes
    1894 P.C. Remondino says circumcising blacks will help prevent them from raping whites.
    1991 Aaron J. Fink declares mass circumcision is necessary to prevent sand from getting into the soldiers' foreskins. :pac: (i have got you ...under my skin)

2007 L. de Witte finds that >>Langerhans<< cells found in the foreskin are a natural barrier to HIV infection

uh huh huh huh langerhands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

Seachmall wrote: »
    It came up in drunken banter when he was talking about an embarrassing/intimate situation.

I meant What is the connection between him being circumcised & pulling more often than ye of the foreskinned wangs? Nevermind opinion_guy answered me. Off to i-tunes....

I meant What is the connection between him being circumcised & pulling more often than ye of the foreskinned wangs? Nevermind opinion_guy answered me. Off to i-tunes....

No connection, I was just implying that his lack of foreskin in no way hinders his 'abilities' (I'm assuming, I've never actually been present or done any comparisons).

Basically himself, and others here who have posted, have no qualms over their parents having made that choice for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Comic-book hero ‘Foreskin Man’ criticised as anti-Semitic
    HIS FISTS CLENCHED and muscles rippling beneath a tight blue suit, the yellow-caped character appears poised to take on evil-doers.

But as his name suggests, “Foreskin Man” is not a typical comic-book superhero, and neither is his choice of adversaries: doctors who practice circumcision and Orthodox Jews who support the religious ritual.

San Diego activist Matthew Hess says he conceived the internet comic series last year as a way to boost his budding national effort to outlaw circumcision.

This effort has so far led to a measure on San Francisco’s ballot in November that would make it illegal to perform a circumcision on a boy under 18.

Recently, though, the comic series has drawn criticism from those who deride Hess’ imagery as anti-Semitic and liken it to 1930′s Nazi propaganda.

* http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/comic-book-hero-foreskin-man-criticised-as-anti-semitic-158714-Jun2011/

Baaa... they have no sense of humour!

They'd rather be stoning dogs!
    * http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/dog-condemned-to-death-by-stoning-158698-Jun2011/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I'm a guy with a foreskin. I can 100% assure you that there is a LOT of feeling in that particular bit of skin. It's not just a random bit of skin.

I won't get into the gory mechanics of how it interacts with the penis to give you an orgasm, you can look that up yourself if you want.

Same here. I guess having a foreskin is a natural thing. It should be removed only if there is a genuine medical reason to do so.

BTW, I'm always amused when I see or hear the word "foreskin", because it reminds me of happy times at university. There used to be a type of joint that was made using four rollup papers. Legend had it that it had originated in Maynooth, for which reason it was called a "Maynooth four-skin". Oh, if only someone could invent a time machine and take me back to those wonderful days ....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭bluecatmorgana

I love foreskin, you can play and pull it gently.

I dont see why religious people cant wait for their children to turn 18 and then ASK them if they wanted it done. Religiously its kinda the same as forcing children to be baptised to go to a school in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I dont see why religious people cant wait for their children to turn 18 and then ASK them if they wanted it done. Religiously its kinda the same as forcing children to be baptised to go to a school in Ireland.

LOL.

I agree that it would probably be better to wait until lads are old enough to decide for themselves whether or not they want to have their snags snigged.

But, as I have already pointed out earlier on the thread, I wouldn't expect to see long queues of 18-year-olds waiting to have it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

I couldn't believe that Christina Aguilera went and got her baby boy circumcised just because of her husband’s hideous beliefs (and she's not even with him anymore).

What's the story Christina, you strutted around the place like a liberal mama and yet off you went like a sheep following a misguided out of touch ancient barbaric flock = not exactly progressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Has anybody been circumcised as an adult?

Would you recommend it?

I ask because a friend of mine.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

There must be practical reasons for getting it done as an adult.

Just off the top of my head ;):

1. Its a useful bit of skin for a skin graft to fix those ear stretcher yokes.

2. It could hold a few pens in a handy leather bind.

3. It would make an unusual frame for a monocle.

4. Napkin ring.

5. Leather jacket for a big toe.

In fairness it is going to waste on the end of a flute. Its the second most attractive part of the male body after the scrotum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

eco2live wrote: »

Just off the top of my head ;):

1. Its a useful bit of skin for a skin graft to fix those ear stretcher yokes.

Its a terrible way of repairing that. The best way is to let them shrink naturally or if the piercing was very large you can simply cut off the excess and sew it back together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

As the leper said to the hooker......

Keep the tip

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

eco2live wrote: »

Just off the top of my head ;)
    Would that make you a d**k head ? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Yep, it's mutilation. If someone needs surgery later in life that's different.

Boys need this explained to them in class so they know what to watch for in case they need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

My guess is they want to reduce masturbation and hence increase the chances of pregnancy among the flock, proving once again that religious types are chronic ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    My guess is they want to reduce masturbation and hence increase the chances of pregnancy among the flock, proving once again that religious types are chronic ****.
    Circumcision reduces masturbation? I didnt get that memo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

There was some guy on NewsTalk tonight representing Irish Jews (he was pro-circumcision) who played the anti-semitism card tonight.

Yeeep, I know the guy personally and he links every little criticism back to anti-Semitism. Actually, I recommend anyone who's in doubt of the anti-Semitism card being played continually by the Jewish community and abused constantly to take a look at the Israel in Ireland facebook page- it's shocking how many times the moderator brings everything back to the holocaust

Advertisement