Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male circumcision...mutilation?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

number10a wrote: »
    I had it done when I was 8 too for medical reasons!! We should set up a club!! :pac:

The scalped heads society.Im in.

pulls back........:pac: Yeah,Im in

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Anything that reduces sensitivity is not good.
    When your nails get cut too far back or break the skin beneath is very sensitive, imagine not being to be able to feel that sort of sensation in other areas.

I don't know how wiminz can get boob jobs that involve cutting nerves to the nipple.

And female gential mutulation is barbaric and has nothing to do with religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭unbeat

Uncircumcised kids run the risk of developing badly smelling knob cheese & never getting the ride.

That's an undisputed medical fact.

if youre the kind of person who wipes your ass or showers then this wont ever happen. chopee's run the risk of getting stuff in their jap eye.

look, a blade and a penis should never be combined it can only end in tears.

Disagree.Sex tends to last longer.:)

Jealous Capt Mid

unbeat wrote: »
    if youre the kind of person who wipes your ass or showers then this wont ever happen. chopee's run the risk of getting stuff in their jap eye.

look, a blade and a penis should never be combined it can only end in tears.

?????

chopees?????

education,education,education

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Uncircumcised kids run the risk of developing badly smelling knob cheese & never getting the ride.

if you're a jew it is a fact, sorry you got your dick mutilated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

digme wrote: »
    if you're a jew it is a fact, sorry you got your dick mutilated

Muslims too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

cesc77 wrote: »

Disagree.Sex tends to last longer.:)

Jealous Capt Mid
    But is it as much fun ?

also it's easier to desensitivise

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Ever worn a turtle neck sweater tha..
    No.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It seems the god of the Jews and Muslms is a Microsoft god. He requires updates because of his bad design out of the box...

Adult actual medical reason? Cool. Even adult fetish/fashion/personal need? Cool, if odd. Chopping off of newborns flesh? Daft, backward and retarded. The first two involve choice, the last does not. Choice is the thing. One can get sidetracked and bogged down by the comparisons to female genital mutilation, but one thing is most certainly common between them. Removal of choice. Actually other things are common between them; religious duty(daft right there), "my father/mother had it done", it's "cleaner", it reduces sexual tension, it's more attractive to future partners, "ah sure nothing of import is removed". read up on FGM and though a greater insult to the person the justifications are remarkably similar. Which should tell you all you need to know.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Wibbs wrote: »
    It seems the god of the Jews and Muslms is a Microsoft god. He requires updates because of his bad design out of the box...

Adult actual medical reason? Cool. Even adult fetish/fashion/personal need? Cool, if odd. Chopping off of newborns flesh? Daft, backward and retarded. The first two involve choice, the last does not. Choice is the thing. One can get sidetracked and bogged down by the comparisons to female genital mutilation, but one thing is most certainly common between them. Removal of choice. Actually other things are common between them; religious duty(daft right there), "my father/mother had it done", it's "cleaner", it reduces sexual tension, it's more attractive to future partners, "ah sure nothing of import is removed". read up on FGM and though a greater insult to the person the justifications are remarkably similar. Which should tell you all you need to know.
    they're fanatical lunatics,they should held responsible for child abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭swordofislam

Two benefits less long term dribble risk (light trousers are safer).
    Can't get it caught in my zip.

It should now be possible to quantify the impact of circumcision on sexual pleasure. Get 2 couples to **** in an MRI and track the pleasure centres of the brain lighting up in each of the male partners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

What's a little snip to a baby is the loss of an extraordinary amount of flesh when he becomes a man. Someone can look up the square inches of foreskin for me - I'm on a mobile.

In short, it's barbaric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭swordofislam

Wibbs wrote: »
    Ubuntu downloads updates every bloody time I turn on my computer! If the God of the Muslims is Microsoft Windows the God of the Christians is BeOS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭unbeat

?????

chopees?????

education,education,education

well dont take it out on me. it was the doctor what did it. innit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

http://www.circumstitions.com/Notjustaflap.html

I looked it up and it's 15 square inches. That's a lot of nerve endings and a lot of lovely slipping and sliding during sex and masturbation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Had it done when I was 8 for medical reasons and it stung like hell after. I cant imagine how painful it must be for a baby, who cant get anesthetic and whos nervous system is super sensitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

harmless ritual, IMO
    For a baby?
    nowhere near as bad as female genetal mutalation anyway
    So what?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

You know the pro-circumcision lobby is getting desperate when they start quoting studies showing a decreased chance of HIV infection for circumcised males. Pftt...as if that was important in any way. Even if it reduced the risk by 50%, it still doesn't change the need for safe sex in any way.

If an adult wishes it, then that's their choice. A baby/child cannot consent, so it should not be allowed. Of course, if there is a medical need...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Unless it's done for genuine medical reasons it's assault and those that do it / accommodate it should be arrested and charged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

It's not just a religious thing:

The US - from Wiki:

United States

Statistics from different sources give widely varying estimates of infant circumcision rates in the United States.

In 2005, about 56 percent of male newborns were circumcised prior to release from the hospital according to statistics from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.[13]

Data from a national survey conducted from 1999 to 2002 found that the overall prevalence of male circumcision in the United States was 79%.[14] 91% of men born in the 1970s, and 83% of boys born in the 1980s were circumcised.[14] An earlier survey, conducted in 1992, found a circumcision prevalence of 77% in US-born men, born from 1932–1974, including 81% of non-Hispanic White men, 65% of Black men, and 54% of Hispanic men, vs. 42% of non U.S. born men who were circumcised.[15]

A recent study, which used data from the Nationwide Inpatient Sample (a sample of 5–7 million of the nation's total inpatient stays, and representing a 20% sample taken from 8 states in 1988 and 28 in 2000), stated that neonatal circumcisions rose from 48.3% of males in 1988 to 61.1% in 1997.[16]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Ubuntu downloads updates every bloody time I turn on my computer! If the God of the Muslims is Microsoft Windows the God of the Christians is BeOS!!!
    Yeah - because Ubuntu is made by people, and doesn't claim to be perfect. :cool:

Anyway: don't mention circumcision to Russell Crowe. Ever. Quote:
    Circumcision is barbaric and stupid. Who are you to correct nature?
    Is it real that God requires a donation of foreskin? Babies are perfect.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Any 'tightness' can be treated medically. Im sure in serious cases it can only be treated surgically, but it should only be a last resort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

Nope, you've just been scoring manky men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

It does make healing genital piercings easier, ill say that for it

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

kraggy wrote: »
    It's not just a religious thing:

Yeah I was under the impression that it was more the norm in the States. In one episode of "Sex and the City" (and ok, I know it's only tv, and not exactly intellectual tv either, but still) Charlotte ends up with this guy who wasn't circumcised and she and all the other girls (cos they share EVERYTHING, don'tcha know) were disgusted. Definitely made it sound like it was unusual NOT to be circumcised- and they all agreed they would have their sons snipped shortly after birth.

Now I dunno whether that's the usual reaction in the States or just something put in that show for comic effect or something, but it's definitely different to here.

One of my best friends is circumcised and my ex is circumcised, and both of those were for medical reasons and they had it done in their late teens/early 20s as far as I remember. According to my ex, he used to be in complete agony before he had it done so there's definitely a place for it. As long as lads are hygenic though, I don't see any reason for it beyond a medical one. I definitely don't understand why it's seen as ok to do it to boys and it's greeted with disgust to do similar to baby girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Caraville wrote: »
    Yeah I was under the impression that it was more the norm in the States. In one episode of "Sex and the City" (and ok, I know it's only tv, and not exactly intellectual tv either, but still) Charlotte ends up with this guy who wasn't circumcised and she and all the other girls (cos they share EVERYTHING, don'tcha know) were disgusted. Definitely made it sound like it was unusual NOT to be circumcised- and they all agreed they would have their sons snipped shortly after birth.

I reckon it has a lot to do with the people who produce those shows being circumcised too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Caraville wrote: »

Now I dunno whether that's the usual reaction in the States or just something put in that show for comic effect or something, but it's definitely different to here.

One of my best friends is circumcised and my ex is circumcised, and both of those were for medical reasons and they had it done in their late teens/early 20s as far as I remember. According to my ex, he used to be in complete agony before he had it done so there's definitely a place for it. As long as lads are hygenic though, I don't see any reason for it beyond a medical one. I definitely don't understand why it's seen as ok to do it to boys and it's greeted with disgust to do similar to baby girls.

I lived with an American who couldnt believe that it wasnt the norm here to be circumcised. He said he knew one guy who wasnt and was just slagged after gym class every week (I pointed out that they were the ones overly interested in another mans junk)

Does anyone who has it done actually think of it as abuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

I reckon it has a lot to do with the people who produce those shows being circumcised too.

Yeah I suspect that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

I lived with an American who couldnt believe that it wasnt the norm here to be circumcised. He said he knew one guy who wasnt and was just slagged after gym class every week (I pointed out that they were the ones overly interested in another mans junk)

And I can't believe that a "Christian" country is so influenced by such a tiny Jewish minority.

Advertisement