Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kat Von D - Airbrushed and Tattoos Concealed

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Would you ask Mauri warriors why they are tattooed with the same type of negativity?
    Or an artist why their painting doesn't fit your idea of nice pretty art?

Come on, it's individual taste here.
    He's not the one who made the thread. G86 asked for an opinion on the photos and SugarHigh has a diffrent opioion to you.
    G86 wrote: »
    You're missing the point. It doesn't matter what YOU think she's expressing with it, the point is that she's not afraid to express herself! Tattoos are extremely personal, and what means nothing to you could mean a hell of a lot to the person who has it. However, the fact sadly remains that many people will judge her for this expression of herself, and label it as 'attention seeking' etc., because people are afraid to be different. The tattoo I'm getting drawn up at the moment covers a fairly large area, and will mean nothing to anyone who see's it, but every single detail has a relevance to me - and not for one minute did I take into account anyone elses opinion but my own when designing it.
    G86 wrote: »
    Given the naysayers here, dare I ask you this question: if you met a girl you had savage chemistry with and got on well with, would the tattoos be a deal breaker?
    Did you just create this thread to make sure in your own mind that you should go ahead with your tattoo? Seems like it as you seem very hung up on people who don't like the tats in the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

fullstop wrote: »
    He's not the one who made the thread. G86 asked for an opinion on the photos and SugarHigh has a diffrent opioion to you.

Did you just create this thread to make sure in your own mind that you should go ahead with your tattoo? Seems like it as you seem very hung up on people who don't like the tats in the OP.

Nope it's nothing at all to do with my tattoo, as I said, my tattoo has nothing to do with anyone else but myself - I simply used it as an example in my post.

I've accepted other posters opinions who said they prefer her without the tattoos, and I've no problem with that, sure I asked that question in the OP. I had an issue with Sugarhigh as he made huge generalisations about people who get inked which were highly offensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

I use a simple equation for this - the amount of tattoos someone has is inversely proportional to how interesting they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

Definitely with.

I haven't really got a preference with regards to tattoo's on women... I'd generally just take it on a case by case basis. It depends on the art and it depends on the woman.

Kat Von D isn't exactly my dream woman (physically) but of the photos in the OP, the tattooed one is the only one that I find particularly alluring.

It really is just a case of whatever floats your boat.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I quite like her image in both photos, because she is a beautiful woman...but I'm also quite disturbed by the modified photo, as this, in my eyes, is trying to dissuade people from seeing tattoos as a positive thing for alot of people.

I'm all for tattoos yeah, if someone wants one that means something to them, and not some corporate stunt/drunken mistake, then let them. Sure I would be happy to get one myself. This photo op should never have gone ahead though as it just looks like an exercise in someone's skills for image editing, rather than showing what true beauty feels to alot of people, freedom of expression and perspective of art.

I only prefer the tattoo'd Kat photo, because that's who she is...not some conjured up image of who she is not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Exile 1798

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I'd disagree with this. For a lot of people a tattoo is a symbol of something or someone. If your daughter died and you had her name tattooed on your arm, your only tattoo because nothing before meant that much to you... would that be trying to buy yourself a personality? If anything I'd generalise that the more tattoos someone has, the more they're using them as an outward projection of their personality.

... of course then you do have the stars on people's feet/wrists... those I don't get at all.

I know people do that. However I find even that odd.

If I lose someone that close to me the the place I remember them is in my head and in my heart, as most human beings have been doing for 100 000 years.

Getting their names tattooed on my body is not something that would ever occur to me. There's an exhibitionist element there. "Oh that? That's the name of my daughter who died"

But each to their own, off-course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Exile 1798 wrote: »
    I know people do that. However I find even that odd.

If I lose someone that close to me the the place I remember them is in my head and in my heart, as most human beings have been doing for 100 000 years.

Getting their names tattooed on my body is not something that would ever occur to me. There's an exhibitionist element there. "Oh that? That's the name of my daughter who died"

But each to their own, off-course.

tattoos have been used for countless centuries to commemorate the death of people. I could provide links and stuff, but your entitled to your views.

As you find it strange that someone would decide to have a tattoo as a memorial, i find it strange that you would find that strange, if that makes sense :p ?

Advertisement