Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kat Von D - Airbrushed and Tattoos Concealed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

G86 wrote: »
    You're missing the point. It doesn't matter what YOU think she's expressing with it, the point is that she's not afraid to express herself! Tattoos are extremely personal, and what means nothing to you could mean a hell of a lot to the person who has it.
    If it means nothing to anyone else then she's simply not expressing anything. If I write in a language no one can understand what can I express?
    However, the fact sadly remains that many people will judge her for this expression of herself, and label it as 'attention seeking' etc.,
    The version without Tattoos has been judged as being "mundane".
    because people are afraid to be different.
    Afraid or just don't feel the need? The desperate need to be different is something teenagers usually do and then grow out of. So many people are desperate to be seen as a unique little snowflake and I just find it funny how they all end up looking the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

SugarHigh wrote: »
    Afraid or just don't feel the need? The desperate need to be different is something teenagers usually do and then grow out of. So many people are desperate to be seen as a unique little snowflake and I just find it funny how they all end up looking the same.

Again with the generalisations. Sure you'll get a lot of reckless teenage emo kids who simply get tattoo'ed/pierced to 'fit in' with 'not fitting in', but this isn't what this thread is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

She does'nt look the same as anyone else tbf. I understand what you are trying to say i think :) but to be fair she is an artist and she knows what suits her i really don't think she does this for attention seeking at all, if she does fair play to her !! I have 12 tattoos, why ?? because i like to be different and i really could'nt give a flying fiddle what other people think of them they're mine and they reflect my personality

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

The version without Tattoos has been judged as being "mundane".
    I judge it mundane by my personal opinion. Tattoos are irregular and everyone has different configurations of how many, where, size etc. Thus, they are striking and different (even if it's just a books-copier....shudder) Plain skin, most people have that. Hence deeming it mundane.

I have bright green hair, piercings, tattoos and they may not suit everyone, but it's my skin and I'm quite comfortable in it. Too many people in the world to please everyone, so if you please any that's a bonus....once you're happy with it yourself of course =)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Sunshine! wrote: »
    I have bright green hair, piercings, tattoos and they may not suit everyone, but it's my skin and I'm quite comfortable in it.

This would generally get more attention from me on a night out than a woman with no tattoos but was wearing the latest fashion trend.

• Advertisement

Strangely enough - I love girls with tattoos, but not sure if I would introduce one who is heavily tattooed to my parents. I saw this now, but I know full well it could change if I meet someone I like enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

Maguined wrote: »
    This would generally get more attention from me on a night out than a woman with no tattoos but was wearing the latest fashion trend.

The thing is you can always change your attire as you please. I might like a tattoo now but in 10 years might do everything I can to cover it up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I think she looks more generically pretty in the airbrushed picture - I 'd see her and forget what she looks like almost instantly - but she's much more intriguing and sexier in the picture with her tattoos.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It really is each to their own IMHO. If you dig it you dig it, if you don't you don't. End of.
    Māori tattoos don't tend to follow fashion fads.
    I'd have to agree there. Real tribal tattoos are part of a long standing cultural heritage a lot less predicated in fashion and usually hard earned as part of that culture, rather than modish and shop bought. I think the two types are different on a fundamental level. I'd add yakuza style tattoos as a sub group of tribal. One could argue the modern tattoo(and piercing) is also tribal in nature, but it's a much looser affiliation and much more fashion based. Not necessarily a bad thing by the way, just less "authentic" for me. The equivalent of a fake rolex in cultural skin kinda thing? Plus fashion is fine, but fashion changes. For me a tattoo is akin to permanently attaching flares to your ankles.
    My two cents – there’s definitely a point where tattoos (either on men or women) go from the ‘that’s nice’ to ‘that’s weird’
    For my taste I would say she has too many tattoos but each to their own.
    This. [some of my best mates have tatss] They really don't appeal to me on either gender, but put me off on women for some reason. Well cos I like women in that way. The "celtic" stylee tramp stamp in a big way. Or those ones that just end up a muddy blueish colour over time, or the chinese pictagram ones that probably say round eyed devil in mandarin. :D I'm old fashioned there I guess. [/some of my best mates have tatts :p]

Piercings on the other hand I have no issue with at all. Had a few exes with those. Though the bolt through the tongue didn't dig that TBH. Or the one through the lip? That's not a piercing ted that's a leak :D Fair play on the pain control mind. Kudos(inc tatts).

As for the lady in the OP? Given a choice defo without.

I might be tempted myself to get a tattoo. A small one that just said "Tattoo".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Chicks with ink are hot...once the ink is nice of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

settings wrote: »
    The thing is you can always change your attire as you please. I might like a tattoo now but in 10 years might do everything I can to cover it up..

True, my point was just aimed towards finding tattoos attractive as the OP was asking if a significant number of tattoos would be off putting to men, it would be the opposite and garner interest in my case as long as I liked the artwork involved in the tattoos themselves as I have seen plenty of unattractive tattoos as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Bloody hell those tattoos are disgusting.

In my opinion she pretty much ruined her looks with those tats. That said I had never heard of her before I opened this thread, but deffo deffo without.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Dont really like tattoos on women. Bit hypocritical as I have a few myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Given the naysayers here, dare I ask you this question: if you met a girl you had savage chemistry with and got on well with, would the tattoos be a deal breaker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Dont really like tattoos on women. Bit hypocritical as I have a few myself.

Tattoos or Women?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Given the naysayers here, dare I ask you this question: if you met a girl you had savage chemistry with and got on well with, would the tattoos be a deal breaker?
    For me, probably not, no. If we had that chemistry anyway. I'd have few enough dealbreakers and nearly all would be mental/situational rather than physical. I know guys for whom it would be a dealbreaker though. No not old farts either. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Absolutely not.
    (It would be akin to saying her clothes would be a deal breaker)

No, but it wouldn't be something I would be looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Zulu wrote: »
    Absolutely not.

Clothes can be a deal breaker.

lady-gaga-meat-dress-lg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

huummm I take you point, but would argue that, that isn't a lady I've chemistry with, but an exceptionally annoying git-face.

(not to mention a significant population of the internet deny her status as a women at all!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Clothes can be a deal breaker.

I thought most guys like steak? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Never noticed before (not that I spend any time willingly on Lady Gaga) but her knee down looks like an elbow+forearm :eek:...doesn't look right at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

Zulu wrote: »
    Absolutely not.

you can always take te clothes off :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

No but they probably do make it less likely I'd have chemistry with them. I don't like people who try to stand out in a crowd for no other reason but to stand out in a crowd. If you stand out in a crowd because of a talent or something actually about you then that's fine. I view these kind of tattoos as boring people trying to be interesting by buying it.

No but they probably do make it less likely I'd have chemistry with them. I don't like people who try to stand out in a crowd for no other reason but to stand out in a crowd. If you stand out in a crowd because of a talent or something actually about you then that's fine. I view these kind of tattoos as boring people trying to be interesting by buying it.

Does she not stand out of the crowd because of her talent?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

With the Tatts?

3243474194_b761ec8af8.jpg

But only cause they compensate for the hideous man voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

I haven't posted much in this thread because I have little interest in arguing tattoos with people such as yourself. Believing someone exclusively gets tattooed only to 'stand out from the crowd' is truly one of the most moronic statements I've ever heard.

Take a bow! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭DenMan

Kat with tats. even saying it like that sounds great. they definitely add to her self-image. very sexy woman. yes most definitely. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I like tattoos on a girl as long as they are not pointing to her chest then they just frighten me a little :)

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    I thought most guys like steak? :)
    Its obvious she doesnt know what to do with a good steak!

Advertisement