Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Videos Megathread **Do not quote videos**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭cletus

Part two of the above. On a phone, so can't embed properly

*edit* decided to go back and do it properly

Aaand part 3. Yet again on the phone, will fix later

https://youtu.be/HmjbA2rxrjw

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Only caught sight of this today! thought it was great - centered a lot around Sam naturally :cool:

Part 4

Bicycle prototyping

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

more 'how its made', this time campy wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I really like the look of that frame and by all accounts is up there in terms of quality and usability. Pricey though for what is effectively a novelty bike.

the chap he mentions in the video who gave him the idea for the bike is this chap:

and it's worth noting that he'd written about woodelo, the irish company, years ago, so i suspect that's where he got the idea himself regarding ash bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭f1000

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

They have a drone and they're not afraid to use it... cool vid through. I like how drones have opened things up, but I wanted them to follow the rider more instead of swooping off all the time. Fabulous scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭marvin42

Just don't get why he needs a electric bike to go downhill at 90% of the video :-)

same noise i make when i'm working on my bikes.

I'd like to know what the kid was doing to get the bike in such a state in the first place.

Also, I wouldn't trust those handlebars, pretty sure they're going to be suffering metal fatigue after all that twisting

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭devonp

how's your descending ?.....Danny MacAskill

The scary video!

Wow watch those in 4k if you can, your eyes will thank you. What a stunning part of the world.

I'd like to think my bike handling is ok/good but I would need the hearse to take me out of there and probably just from the effort of carrying the bike up it once. Did it say how many runs he did?

• Advertisement

Wow watch those in 4k if you can, your eyes will thank you. What a stunning part of the world.

I'd like to think my bike handling is ok/good but I would need the hearse to take me out of there and probably just from the effort of carrying the bike up it once. Did it say how many runs he did?

It didn't. I think the final edit was all in one go, and he had 3 days up on the slabs. Madness.
    I think I'd need an ambulance looking at it :D

I've always wanted to go to Shetland, Orkney's, Skye and the Highlands. On the list for a vaccinated future.

Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I love the dream build series. Old shovel is enjoyable too, although almost exclusively mountain bikes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Just throwing it out there, in a form over function criticism, Ceramic speed jockey wheels are as ugly as f*ck.

Relaxing video other than that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

eeeee wrote: »
    It didn't. I think the final edit was all in one go, and he had 3 days up on the slabs. Madness.
    I think I'd need an ambulance looking at it :D

I've always wanted to go to Shetland, Orkney's, Skye and the Highlands. On the list for a vaccinated future.

My sister lives near the Cairngorms. Got to do some relatively light but thoroughly enjoyable trail biking near Balmoral. Lovely part of the world. It's like a mish mash of Kerry and Wicklow to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Danny MacAskill never fails to absolutely terrify me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Here's another one of Danny's, from a few years ago.
    Definitely not shot in one go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_7k3fnxPq0

And the music is great.

kinda surprised his brakes aren't glowing cherry red by the end.

• Advertisement

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Here's another one of Danny's, from a few years ago.
    Definitely not shot in one go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_7k3fnxPq0

And the music is great.

Ha yeah they show it at the end, the first thing I asked myself at the start of the video, how many times did it take to land on the rail!!!

Also I'm annoyed he didn't stay on the train all the way to Hogwarts!!! :D

Advertisement