Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Cycling Videos Megathread **Do not quote videos**

• 10-06-2011 7:32pm
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 62,312 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Beasty

We've had a few occasions where multiple threads have been started showing the same video clip. It's a bit of a pain to keep on top of this and therefore I'm starting this thread where you can post the videos. I'll start it off with some of the popular ones from recent times. This thread will also be linked from the FAQ thread.

Before you post something, check here in case it's already been posted. You can also do a search across the whole forum by entering the youtube reference in the search box (this is not foolproof, as some videos are posted a number of times on youtube)

If someone starts a new thread we'll transfer it over here or close the thread if the video has already been posted
    Tagged:

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 62,312 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Beasty

I'll start off with one that first appeared a couple of years ago - the one and only Remi Gaillard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,705 squod

Couldn't see it posted. New to the forum like.......... this OK?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 62,312 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Beasty

A recent favourite - downhill racing in Chile

squod wrote: »
    Couldn't see it posted.
    What bothers me is the thought you may actually be serious;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 Hail 2 Da Thief

An oldie but a goody!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 Hail 2 Da Thief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ ColSheehan

Recap video of Joe Barr's Race Around Ireland, brilliant to see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭ Lemag

For when it's raining outside and you're just not man enough to face heading out..

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ✭✭✭ volcanicash

a new classic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭ SomeFool

My favourite :)

• Advertisement

SomeFool wrote: »
    That guy's Some Fool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ a148pro

An oldie but a goody!

A newie and a goodie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,059 -Chris-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ a148pro

Beasty wrote: »
    A recent favourite - downhill racing in Chile

That couldn't be realtime could it?

a148pro wrote: »
    That couldn't be realtime could it?
    Yes - listen to the soundtrack - there's no distortion of the spectator calls

Another one posted earlier this year - not quite MacAskill .... yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭ buffalo

Posted in Broomwagon last week

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ jefferson73

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ jefferson73

• Advertisement

One for shaungil;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 Harrybelafonte

One for shaungil;)

Can someone clarify if the guy overtaking was in the wrong? He doesn't seem to check his right before moving? Just curious. Maybe no-one is in the wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ ColSheehan

SomeFool wrote: »

My friend told me that the person who fell was Matthieu Sprick who rode for BBox last year and this year rides for Skil Shimano. If you google his name you can actually see the same video :)

I love watching the highlights from TOI 2007, especially when you look at what riders were there - Roche, Deignan, The two Schlecks, Breschel, Eisel, Bozic, Boasson Hagan, Baden Cooke, Danny Pate, Kroon, Maaskant etc

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/aug07/ireland07/?id=results/ireland071

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭ cipo

I'm sure everyone as seem them, but they re still great....

www.beyondthepeloton.com

Cervelo based docs....

Can everyone put a little description of the video they re posting!!!
    Rider name or event or whatever.

Also www.freecaster.tv for great coverage of mtb xc, 4X and DH.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭ cipo

Akrigg.. free ride a hill in Spain on vimeo. Amazing

http://www.vimeo.com/m/#/20601448

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 angry_fox

Bike lanes in New York City

angry_fox wrote: »

Bike lanes in New York City

Seriously? You didn't even bother reading as far as the third post?

*shakes head*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 angry_fox

-Chris- wrote: »
    Seriously? You didn't even bother reading as far as the third post?

*shakes head*

I actually did, yesterday, but been the genius that i am saw this video on another forum earlier today and thought i would post it here...

Please delete that video post

Posted this earlier in the year Greg Minnaar at Fort Bill

angry_fox wrote: »
    Please delete that video post
    Definitely not - I'm leaving it there to remind me of the 7 other occasions it was posted in the last week before it prompted me to start this thread;)
    -Chris- was one of the "guilty" parties BTW

• Advertisement

Definitely not - I'm leaving it there to remind me of the 7 other occasions it was posted in the last week before it prompted me to start this thread;)
    -Chris- was one of the "guilty" parties BTW

Ah, I had to use it to give context though :P :D

Advertisement