Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Videos Megathread **Do not quote videos**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭seaviewphotos

f1000 wrote: »

enjoyed this

Wow, thoroughly enjoyed that. What a craftsman.

Was in 4k too which was nice on the eyes and I'm with him on lugged vs filleted

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

If anyone has access to Amazon Prime UK, they have a few cycling related docs at the momoment. mostly American (Trans Am, RAAM, Tour Divide etc) but a London Edinburgh London one and one about some one the 1928 Australian-NZ team at the tour de France in which a few people try to retrace the route. A film about Tour of Flanders and that Belgian film, "The Rider" is on it too now.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭f1000

Good fun. Brother-in-law Nigel is class :D

Conor still shaving the legs in retirement I see.

EDIT: Think about it, thats Sean Kelly's paddock he's gone and dug up :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭cletus

Its the brother-in-law that makes that video

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

he's great. just watching it now. 'he's gonna say something again now'.

Someone has compiled a list of videos that are probably not supposed to be on YouTube for copyright reasons. Stars and Water Carries, Sunday in Hell, Rough Rider, Death of A cyclist etc.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJgiHWJ_-FmXi5TIMS6biiuYy8E_6_7t3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Actually, I have a Sunday in Hell and a few others on a hardrive somewhere. I could put them up for people to download or just sent out individually, Anyone have suggestions? I'll find hard drive and post list of what I have, if people are inerested?

I think I have this on that same HD:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I think the version of 'a Sunday in hell' that I saw on YouTube has been there for years; not as good as the dubbed one William fotheringham was showing on his tour though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭12 element

New Spesh Tarmac SL7 reveal. Nice bike but will have to pass based on current financial situation :rolleyes:

Conor Dunne's GCN Presenter cycle

For those of you of a mecanically minded bent,this first video in a proposed series might be of some interest. Note, it's not a cycling channel, it's an engineering channel, and the first 10 minutes of the video is all that's relavent to bikes, the rest is answering viewer questions on previous projects.

Could be here or the off topic or Giro thread when that gets launched, but Giro ad is going all for the heartstrings of a certain type of cycling fan

https://twitter.com/vincenzonibali/status/1302618117588373506

It's gas, who are Palace trying to market their over priced stuff to? Young hip skaters I'd wager are not watching the Giro d'Italia so if not them, me ???? I used to skate 20 years ago and do not plan on taking it up again any time soon unless it's to prove to the kids that I can still manual and kick flip at least or more likely fail in the attempt and do myself in.

Skate stuff is fugly these days. Used to love Vans shoes and Element clothing but the state of those nowadays :(

I feel old now :D

• Advertisement

'what if we broke the rules on the way a bike was meant to be ridden?'
    uh, looks like they're riding a bike normally there. it's like they got a car company to do that ad. and their PR people to write the piece on bikerumor.

Marketing! Spesh love some good marketing. Empties wallets

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I am over the moon that I won't look at a Specialized, because if I would, I would be considering this. Thankfully my Rose frame is only 150g more for 20% of the price.

Yes, it is a promo. But it has Sean Kelly

Started to watch that earlier and got distracted but from the bit I saw, Kelly "That's ****ing worse than the Koppenberg" :pac:

EDIT: When he mentioned the gearing in the old days 42-24 , I'm not getting up even a 5% in that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

f1000 wrote: »
    Yes, it is a promo. But it has Sean Kelly

The comments below the video are well worth reading. There is some serious love for Sean Kelly among GCN subscribers

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

https://www.reddit.com/r/Whatcouldgowrong/comments/jl4nlh/wcgw_cycling/

The comments below Are saying it’s a brittle barbed cactus...

the application of design onto material :cool:

• Advertisement

part one of at least three.

Advertisement