Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Videos Megathread **Do not quote videos**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Borderfox wrote: »
    That was sweet, see the gap and through you go.

The gap? Over the sheared forks of a Canyon?! :eek:

Maybe I just need to get some brave pants :p

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭oconnpad

gadetra wrote: »
    How the flep did he and the IAM guy in front of him survive this?

IAM lucky :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

From a different angle, in slow motion, wow, I know these crashes can be brutal but I'd probably never enter a race again if I was caught up in something like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Funnier side of crashing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

That video is years old. Here's the original.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

rizzodun wrote: »
    From a different angle, in slow motion, wow, I know these crashes can be brutal but I'd probably never enter a race again if I was caught up in something like that...
    it's the guy in red on the far side at 15s you feel sorriest for; he had his own little crash simply because he was distracted by the main crash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Probably in the thread already but sure worth another look.

So extremely stupid, yet so compelling!

http://vimeo.com/117992272

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Alek wrote: »

Manage to watch 4 minutes before I got too mad to watch anymore. What a pack a pillocks. Cause buses and vehicles to swerve and coming into blindspots out of no where.
    On a side note, as an avid cyclist if anyone cut me off on a pedestrian crossing when they had a red or used my car as handrail...they'd be walking home and I'd have a new bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭mickydcork

Incredible bike handling skills, but just a ridiculous attitude to personal safety, health and the safety of innocent bystanders.

• Advertisement

Solid, 24 carat stupidity. What a galloping prick :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

The only one who came off well was the cop, as for bike handling skills, the number of slips and collisions would indicate minimal.

Video removed now, but can download for $3.00 from the film makers website, I guess I'll just have to take the comments here as a synopsis of what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

CramCycle wrote: »
    The only one who came off well was the cop, as for bike handling skills, the number of slips and collisions would indicate minimal.

Read this first and thought you meant 'came off' as in fell off the bike.

That cop was such a badass. :cool:

Zyzz wrote: »
    Read this first and thought you meant 'came off' as in fell off the bike.

That cop was such a badass. :cool:

And about the only reasonable one there.

He wasn't ticketing them, he wasn't harassing them. He was genuinely concerned that their stupidity would get them injured, badly.

A point backed up by the road rash and collisions for the rest of the video.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Nice long descent. Beauiful road. I'd really love to cycle this.

Look in behind the scenes of the track worlds, lovely vid!:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

http://youtu.be/y2qG4ANCDbs

Interesting on board video from the west coast wheelers race in Loughrea last weekend, also features in an article on sticky bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

i didnt think you were allowed cameras on your bike during races

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

sullzz wrote: »
    i didnt think you were allowed cameras on your bike during races

Mods should delete the video, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Mods should delete the video, obviously.

Maybe permission was given for Clarke to have it on his bike , I doubt fitscience would be silly enough to put it into the public domain if it was done against the rules

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

But, but it's ammo...ammo against us, against us all...

jinkypolly wrote: »
    But, but it's ammo...ammo against us, against us all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

whacker00 wrote: »
    Interesting on board video from the west coast wheelers race in Loughrea last weekend, also features in an article on sticky bottle

I love the sound track, brilliant. Nice with the vodka and chill out evening I'm enjoying :cool:

A bit long for most at 8 minutes and dirt jumping won't get much interest here but compelled to post this.

A temporary dirt jump track in Apotos, Santa Cruz, California that ended up lasting 15 years and becoming a pillar of the local mtb scene was recently demolished, but before it was lost forever, a team of guys shot this amazing video, anyone who looks back fondly on places they hung when they were younger that are no longer around will get the sentiment, with some great shots and music to boot.
    Some guys look gutted to see it gone.

Even if you have no interest in mountain biking/dirt jumpiping I'd recommend giving it a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

rizzodun wrote: »
    A bit long for most at 8 minutes and dirt jumping won't get much interest here but compelled to post this.

A temporary dirt jump track in Apotos, Santa Cruz, California that ended up lasting 15 years and becoming a pillar of the local mtb scene was recently demolished, but before it was lost forever, a team of guys shot this amazing video, anyone who looks back fondly on places they hung when they were younger that are no longer around will get the sentiment, with some great shots and music to boot.
    Some guys look gutted to see it gone.

Even if you have no interest in mountain biking/dirt jumpiping I'd recommend giving it a watch.

One of my favourite sections of strength in numbers even though I've no real interest in dirt jumping. Didn't know they'd demolished it, knew they'd tried a couple of times but a local developer had stepped in and bought it. Sad to hear they've destroyed it.

• Advertisement

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    One of my favourite sections of strength in numbers even though I've no real interest in dirt jumping. Didn't know they'd demolished it, knew they'd tried a couple of times but a local developer had stepped in and bought it. Sad to hear they've destroyed it.

There is a campaign online to find a new location to develop. Did you visit it Scrappy? Would love a pump track in Sligo, would help with my MTB skills and something to do if I only had an hour to kill on the bike. Dirt jumping is a different beast, but would love to give it a go even if to just learn to jump.

Advertisement