Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Videos Megathread **Do not quote videos**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Julian Dalby, Joe Barr, Raphael and Kevin Kimmage..
    Great names and some still about in various guises.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

is that Pat McQuaid commentating?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

Yes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

He used to do the cycling commentary for RTE as the expert along side Jimmy Magee.
    That him all right, not a bad commentator at all tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mrbike

Football commentary meets considerate white van driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

zerks wrote: »

Luckiest and also one of the dumbest.. It was like he was deliberately trying to stay in the drivers blind spot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

zerks wrote: »

Idiot. 100% cyclist error. He pretty much Hung in the blind spot. Lucky doesn't even to begin to describe it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Now I want to see someone do that on a penny farthing.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭kingoffifa

sorry if repost but...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Thanks for putting it up but afraid for me that latest Road Bike Party really lacks the magic of the last one - maybe something of a combination of the music, all the slow-motions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Nah, it must be the soulless Ridley.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

pelevin wrote: »
    Thanks for putting it up but afraid for me that latest Road Bike Party really lacks the magic of the last one - maybe something of a combination of the music, all the slow-motions.

Have to agree, I think they're kind of jumping the shark with this one. The first one was amazing because it was kind of the first of it's kind, and the second one worked because it was so touching for the guys to pitch in after Ashton's injury. This one just doesn't have a point I think, it's just any other stunt video.

Has this been posted yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭n-dawg

Bloody hell the guy in red has ridiculously good reflexes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Was back home over the Christmas and brought the Garmin Virb back with me. I recorded some of the rides and edited a few clips. It's in no way very good at all but might be decent for those looking at getting a Garmin Virb.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭dooverylittle

AstraMonti wrote: »

I think that's what they call a can do attitude!
    wow.

Go Bertie! Poor Matt Stephens, and he's a fit guy. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

gadetra wrote: »
    Go Bertie! Poor Matt Stephens, and he's a fit guy. :eek:

It must be amazing to get to see up close the power that these guys have and how effortless it all is to them. While Matt is of course well off what he was back in the day I would hazard a guess that he would hold his own against most cyclists. But Bertie (and the other top guys) are simply another level (many levels).

I would be awesome to see it first hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Leroy42 wrote: »
    It must be amazing to get to see up close the power that these guys have and how effortless it all is to them. While Matt is of course well off what he was back in the day I would hazard a guess that he would hold his own against most cyclists. But Bertie (and the other top guys) are simply another level (many levels).

I would be awesome to see it first hand.
    Saw it on the Hautacam this year, the difference between Nibali, the polka dot jersey group and the rest was frightening! I'll edit up a clip and post it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Saw it on the Hautacam this year, the difference between Nibali, the polka dot jersey group and the rest was frightening! I'll edit up a clip and post it.

That would be great, love to see it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Easier than I thought. Stage 18, Hautacam about 3km from the finish. The difference between Nibali, the chasing polka dot and the rest was unreal to see.

This is class. Man it's tight in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

First attempt at editing a cycling related video, GoPro is literally stuck to my helmet with a sticky mount and some tape :pac:

*Watch in HD or it looks like I recorded it with a potato.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Zyzz wrote: »
    First attempt at editing a cycling related video, GoPro is literally stuck to my helmet with a sticky mount and some tape :pac:

*Watch in HD or it looks like I recorded it with a potato.
    Wow - looks like a few examples of crossing an unbroken white line there - and published on t'internet.....:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Ha, I thought your odometer was a speedometer :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Beasty wrote: »
    Wow - looks like a few examples of crossing an unbroken white line there - and published on t'internet.....:p

And I wasn't even wearing high Vis :(

How the flep did he and the IAM guy in front of him survive this? Ouch:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

That was sweet, see the gap and through you go.

Advertisement