Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish men 'joint ugliest' in world.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

amacachi wrote: »
    TBH if it just goes by submissions to that site I'd say at least 90% of the Irish ones were pisstakes, pretty sure a group of lads I know submitted their mates to it in not very flattering photographs. :pac:

... I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. It's even better than taking peoples photos off facebook, 'shopping them and re-uploading them. "Those are not my teeth and that is not my bush baby!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Galvasean wrote: »
    I was in Germany a few years ago. Standard of women is very high there.
    You dont stand a chance :pac:
    nah, just kidding. Although the Hausfrau stereotype is misleading

Tell me about it :eek: It's pretty discouraging tbh! At least in Ireland I had some level of the 'exotic' factor but here I'm basically invisible :pac:

The German stereotype in general is misleading. All the ones I've met are really sweet and don't sound anything like Arnie or wear SS uniforms. Thoroughly disappointed. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Its rubbish all of these things are rubbish.

It would be because not as many Irish are bothering to apply for that site.
    Personally speaking and i think i speak for majority of Irish.When i say," Irish people dont search for the ratings of how they look and dont rightly care".
    And personally,i think that site should be banned.Only accepting people they think is good looking bunch of shallow assholes.
    It is another form of bullying :rolleyes:

It's us and the Polish lads. Alright what can we do to fix this?

source

I will tell you how to fix it,thank god and send the two fingers to them :D And then enjoy life and thank your lucky stars you are healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

caseyann wrote: »
    Its rubbish all of these things are rubbish.

It would be because not as many Irish are bothering to apply for that site.
    Personally speaking and i think i speak for majority of Irish.When i say," Irish people dont search for the ratings of how they look and dont rightly care".
    And personally,i think that site should be banned.Only accepting people they think is good looking bunch of shallow assholes.
    It is another form of bullying :rolleyes:
    That's not really how percentages work.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

This is one of those "surveys" that give statistics a bad name. The sample consists only of poor wretches who have needed to resort to dating agencies to find a woman for themselves. People like that are hardly the cat's whiskers now, are they?

Those of us who have never needed to resort to these modern versions of Lonely Hearts Clubs usually have a different problem: beating the women off.

Especially outside Ireland. If you know how to plamás a girl (and what Paddy doesn't), bob's yer uncle! :)

SugarHigh wrote: »
    That's not really how percentages work.:D

Yeah well they never work out always rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

the irish accent gets irish men very far as multiple facebook groups prove :

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Men-With-Irish-Accents-Are-Hot/208407185817

i think we have to be greatfull to the likes of P.s i love you and the boondock saints ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

beano345 wrote: »
    the irish accent gets irish men very far as multiple facebook groups prove :

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Men-With-Irish-Accents-Are-Hot/208407185817

i think we have to be greatfull to the likes of P.s i love you and the boondock saints ;)

Ah holy Jaysus,have you seen that?

Gerard Butler to yer wan
    Im going to be in Whale-ans

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    This is one of those "surveys" that give statistics a bad name. The sample consists only of poor wretches who have needed to resort to dating agencies to find a woman for themselves. People like that are hardly the cat's whiskers now, are they?

Those of us who have never needed to resort to these modern versions of Lonely Hearts Clubs usually have a different problem: beating the women off.

Especially outside Ireland. If you know how to plamás a girl (and what Paddy doesn't), bob's yer uncle! :)
    The same applies to all the other countries surveyed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Gerard Butler's Irish accent was akin to an act of war by Scotland on Ireland. Possibly the worst accent ever in the history of motion pictures :pac: But yeah the Irish accent is very popular. English girls seem to really love it.
    I was in Germany a few years ago. Standard of women is very high there.

I love the Germans. A large amount of Germans come to our village every summer, always a good laugh! And the standard of German ladies is very, very high. Although a Polish girl I dated said that every Polish guy will tell you German girls are ugly :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

SugarHigh wrote: »
    The same applies to all the other countries surveyed?

Yes, I was aware of that, but it might be (I don't know) that resorting to those services is more common in some countries than others. In any case, I don't think surveys like that need to be taken with any seriousness. They are fun, that's all.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

Good thing i am Norwegian then,lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, the "Polish women are HOT" thing is just in the head/bandwagon-jumping. Plenty of Polish women are hot I'm sure, just like plenty of people of any nationality are hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Ah holy Jaysus,have you seen that?

Gerard Butler to yer wan

:mad:

no haven't seen it,heard the accents are atrocious but i reckon its popularised the irish accent and the whole stereotype of the loveable charming irish rogue:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Female poster here, I wouldn't agree with that at all. Irish men are HOT!

I'm not. They must have looked at me to make a result like this.
    Is fair funny though in fairness

Dudess wrote: »
    Yeah, the "Polish women are HOT" thing is just in the head/bandwagon-jumping. Plenty of Polish women are hot I'm sure, just like plenty of people of any nationality are hot.

I don't think it is "in the head". Of course every nationality has beautiful, average and ugly people. But Europeans tend to have fantastic bodies and better eating/exercising habits than Irish (both male and female).

Polish girls are renowned for their attractiveness and have been for far longer than their arrival in Ireland. They are pretty much world famous for their looks (Hence this stereotype: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/08/debunking-stereotypes-polish-women-beautiful). As that article says, Heinrich Heine spoke of them in the 19th Century as “Angels on earth” and “Aphrodite of the Vistula”. They have a great diet and a good gene pool (importantly a mixed gene pool).

Irish girls are beautiful too, but you can't call the reactions to Polish girls as just in the head when it is far more than Irish men that think like that. Eastern Europe has an extremely high amount of beautiful people due to a larger gene pool, good diet and lots of exercise.

no haven't seen it,heard the accents are atrocious but i reckon its popularised the irish accent and the whole stereotype of the loveable charming irish rogue:p

I think the love of Irish accents has existed for a long, long time before that catastrophe was released!

Although Wicklow did look awesome in it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

seanybiker wrote: »
    I'm not. They must have looked at me to make a result like this.
    Is fair funny though in fairness
    Maybe I just have weird taste in men, having said that, I think there's a reason why there are so many Swedish women living here:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Maybe I just have weird taste in men, having said that, I think there's a reason why there are so many Swedish women living here:D:D

There does seem to be a disproportionately large number of Swedish women over here alright, I just assumed they came over as Au pairs and then took a liking to the place :p (or at least that seems to be the way with all the ones I've met.) There also seems to be a similar sense of humour... I've always had great fun in Sweden, but have had some difficulty in Germany where all ya get is stares sometimes :o

• Advertisement

I don't think it is "in the head". Of course every nationality has beautiful, average and ugly people. But Europeans tend to have fantastic bodies and better eating/exercising habits than Irish (both male and female).

Polish girls are renowned for their attractiveness and have been for far longer than their arrival in Ireland. They are pretty much world famous for their looks (Hence this stereotype: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/08/debunking-stereotypes-polish-women-beautiful). As that article says, Heinrich Heine spoke of them in the 19th Century as “Angels on earth” and “Aphrodite of the Vistula”. They have a great diet and a good gene pool (importantly a mixed gene pool).

Irish girls are beautiful too, but you can't call the reactions to Polish girls as just in the head when it is far more than Irish men that think like that. Eastern Europe has an extremely high amount of beautiful people due to a larger gene pool, good diet and lots of exercise.

lol Where do people come up with this stuff hahaha
    They drink heavy smoke heavy and more or less eat raw meat,the kids eat sweets like its dinner food.The only thing they have better food wise is vegetables and fruit as its not imported.And then climate wise.
    The healthy people would be of the same ratio as the healthy people here eating wise keeping fit wise.For every good looking polish girl i can show you a not as good looking polish girl.
    You also haven't seen them when they get into their late thirties and forties (and most of them when they get a full time boyfriend or husband) .For every good looking other country woman/man i can raise you with good looking fit Irish women/men.
    This their better looking than us and Irish are ugly un fit and drink to much rubbish is beyond a joke.

They drink heavy smoke heavy and more or less eat raw meat,the kids eat sweets like its dinner food.The only thing they have better food wise is vegetables and fruit as its not imported.And then climate wise.
    The healthy people would be of the same ratio as the healthy people here eating wise keeping fit wise.For every good looking polish girl i can show you a not as good looking polish girl.
    You also haven't seen them when they get into their late thirties and forties (and most of them when they get a full time boyfriend or husband) .For every good looking other country woman/man i can raise you with good looking fit Irish women/men.
    This their better looking than us and Irish are ugly un fit and drink to much rubbish is beyond a joke.

Where did I say Irish were unfit, ugly or drink too much?

Do you even understand what I mean about gene pool? An island nation like Ireland will not have as wide a gene pool as a Central European country. Hence they get a wider spread of genes. This is almost always prevalent in countries associated with attractive people (USA, Canada, Australia etc).

As for healthy eating, Ireland has numerous issues with junk food, frying, deep frying etc. Have you any idea as to what the typical Polish diet is like? What exactly does the diet of their kids living in Ireland have to do with anything? If anything, it proves that the problem is the Irish diet. Europeans often comment on the change in their diet when they move to the UK and Ireland. They start munching on more crisps, chocolate, bars etc. Whereas at home, they snack on nuts, cereals etc.

Yes they drink and smoke, but you are hardly going to tell me the Irish don't drink. Ireland are far, far ahead of Poland in terms of average alcohol consumption levels. If you don't believe me, check the World Health Organisation's stats. Also, those stats don't take into account the manner or type of drink.

But basically, saying "lol Where do people come up with this stuff hahaha" is not exactly decent rebuttal. You don't really seem to understand what I mean about better food. I'm not saying they have access to better food, I am saying they have a far healthier diet. Less snacking, less intake of fatty, unhealthy food.

Where did I say Irish were unfit, ugly or drink too much?

Do you even understand what I mean about gene pool? An island nation like Ireland will not have as wide a gene pool as a Central European country. Hence they get a wider spread of genes. This is almost always prevalent in countries associated with attractive people (USA, Canada, Australia etc).

As for healthy eating, Ireland has numerous issues with junk food, frying, deep frying etc. Have you any idea as to what the typical Polish diet is like? What exactly does the diet of their kids living in Ireland have to do with anything? If anything, it proves that the problem is the Irish diet. Europeans often comment on the change in their diet when they move to the UK and Ireland. They start munching on more crisps, chocolate, bars etc. Whereas at home, they snack on nuts, cereals etc.

Yes they drink and smoke, but you are hardly going to tell me the Irish don't drink. Ireland are far, far ahead of Poland in terms of average alcohol consumption levels. If you don't believe me, check the World Health Organisation's stats. Also, those stats don't take into account the manner or type of drink.

But basically, saying "lol Where do people come up with this stuff hahaha" is not exactly decent rebuttal. You don't really seem to understand what I mean about better food. I'm not saying they have access to better food, I am saying they have a far healthier diet. Less snacking, less intake of fatty, unhealthy food.

All wrong! No need to argue it as i seen it and they eat worse **** than here lol ;)And thats why my friends who are polish actually drink on way to work and during work and after work.Ok and thats why they tell me they spend half their time drinking in Poland and have said they drink more than the Irish,they also eat more crap.

Funny that i never deep fat fry anything and all my friends who arent irish do.

Common sense ;)

Sorry mods back to topic.
    Rubbish percentages over a dating site.

All wrong! No need to argue it as i seen it and they eat worse **** than here lol ;)And thats why my friends who are polish actually drink on way to work and during work and after work.Ok and thats why they tell me they spend half their time drinking in Poland and have said they drink more than the Irish,they also eat more crap.

Funny that i never deep fat fry anything and all my friends who arent irish do.

Common sense ;)

Caseyann v The World Health Organisation.

BTW I dated a Polish girl and worked with others. They are not some alien species to me. But I'm not basing my views on anecdotal evidence based on a small number of people I personally know. You need to look at it from a macro level. Ireland does not have as healthy a diet or exercise regime as is normal in Europe. Of course some will have a better diet and fitness level than Europeans, but on average they are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Yiz are all wrong. It's our fine grooming that makes the difference.

irelandsno1aftershaveud7.jpg

Caseyann v The World Health Organisation.

BTW I dated a Polish girl and worked with others. They are not some alien species to me. But I'm not basing my views on anecdotal evidence based on a small number of people I personally know. You need to look at it from a macro level. Ireland does not have as healthy a diet or exercise regime as is normal in Europe. Of course some will have a better diet and fitness level than Europeans, but on average they are better.

You really need to take your own advice ;) You know everyone in Ireland do you lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fando

You stupid, ignorant ****. How many years have you spend in Poland to write such bollocks?

fando wrote: »
    You stupid, ignorant ****. How many years have you spend in Poland to write such bollocks?

Ah if it is only said about the Irish its true and not being ignorant and not bollock is it?:rolleyes: Typical ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fando

Don't turn it around. I only say you know nothing about Poland.

• Advertisement

fando wrote: »
    Don't turn it around. I only say you know nothing about Poland.

No its you who doesnt seem to get it.
    http://www.polishforums.com/food-drink-8/polish-eating-habits-17624/

many people “run” on sandwiches or some sort of a warm snacks.

Bad habit of nibbling on a snack is very popular among Poles and unfortunately the snacks are not too healthy. Poles would rather eat some chocolate or a packet of chips instead of an apple or some other digestive food. They also have a tendency to drinking a lot of bubbly soft drinks such as a coke and lemonades, instead of juices or plain mineral water. It also appears that Poles drink too much of heavy alcohol which definitely does not add to healthy eating habits.

We all know plenty about Poland.And as they have their heavy drinkers bad eaters and not good looking and fat and rude people as does all other nations.
    And this ****e of basing Irish men ugliest due to some stupid site is ludicrous.

Seriously when are people going to cop the hell on and send two fingers to the media and the shallow stereo typical crap.
    And also not agree with them and it should be banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement