Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish men 'joint ugliest' in world.

Options
  • 10-06-2011 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

It's us and the Polish lads. Alright what can we do to fix this?

source

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Nothing. I'm 5'7 I don't need increased competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Hang on, Polish lads are stereotypically superfit beasts and we've got that roguish charm going on! Surely there are worse countries, like one of those small tropical island communities where they fish lots and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Female poster here, I wouldn't agree with that at all. Irish men are HOT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

lol it's pretty funny. I don't know I can't imagine my life changing too much if I was better looking so I'm not too fussed.

Couldn't this also be a measure of pickiness though? I'm not completely sure how the site works but I'm guessing it only shows your picture to people of the opposite gender who live near you(The same country at least). So this is really just a measure of that groups standards.

How would the same guy score in different areas I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I think the title of the piece by Joe Griffin directly underneath that one says it all for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Hang on, Polish lads are stereotypically superfit beasts and we've got that roguish charm going on! Surely there are worse countries, like one of those small tropical island communities where they fish lots and stuff.

How culturally aware you are....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Ha! I'm an Irish guy and my boyfriend is Polish and we're both rides! :pac: Feck all that bòllox.

I dont care about men being ugly , im into women .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i've rolled some ugly joints in my time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Female poster here, I wouldn't agree with that at all. Irish men are HOT!

You should be agreeing with the article as you may have a vested interest in it ;)
    "Irish women are doing much better; 20 per cent of them gaining admittance to the site. This is nowhere near as high as the 68 per cent of all Swedish women"

A spokesperson in the article did mention that a contributing factor in Irish men's lack of success is that their photos are usually of them in the pub, which to most is not very appealing. Hmmm....

just read the article
    on the beautifulpeople website
    Only 9 per cent of all Irish male applicants were accepted

BOOM! Accepted, top 9%, I'm dragging all your ugly asses up in the national indexes :pac: :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Hmm research based on really poor sampling. I'm not going to give too much credence to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

PomBear wrote: »
    How culturally aware you are....

Pretty culturally aware alright, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

This sounds like an attempt to get more people to sign up by calling us all ugly and then challenging us to sign up to prove them wrong and thereby increasing membership.

I've done my part in getting our percentages up by staying well away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Galvasean wrote: »
    You should be agreeing with the article as you may have a vested interest in it ;)
    "Irish women are doing much better; 20 per cent of them gaining admittance to the site. This is nowhere near as high as the 68 per cent of all Swedish women"

A spokesperson in the article did mention that a contributing factor in Irish men's lack of success is that their photos are usually of them in the pub, which to most is not very appealing. Hmmm....

Haha ooohlala go me:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

reading further it mentions maybe the photos are bad and or people should have a make over before submitting.

lol, so after reading it I take it as Irish and Polish lads are secure enough to lash up any aul photo and sure if they don't get in no loss, there'll be beer goggles a plenty at the weekend anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Judging by the website I think the headline should read "Only 9% of Irish men are hipster metrosexual nancy boys".

No offence intended Zuroph.

Yi Harr wrote: »
    Judging by the website I think the headline should read "Only 9% of Irish men are hipster metrosexual nancy boys".

No offence intended Zuroph.

none taken. I'm HAWT! :D:D:D

gonna get my 9% Tshirt made later.

zuroph wrote: »
    gonna get my 9% Tshirt made later.

I'm gonna sign up now and reduce it to 8% to spite you.
    "Oh you joined when it was 9%? Back when they let any Joe Soap in!" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Gotta be down to the photos. Irish men are gorgeous, and even the ones who aren't more than make up for it in personality and sense of humour, best sense of humour on the planet imo. Never managed to bag one myself though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

Sorry to barge in here guys but please please please don't start getting sucked into this kind of stupid crap. It's obviously not true it's just advertising for a lame dating site.

Ignore this BS please!

You all have lovely bottoms. :)

on edit: OK now that I've looked at some responses, you don't seem to be falling for it at all. Nice. :) Also I second liah's opinion - best sense of humor on the planet.

Am I wrong in remembering they view people wearing glasses as ugly? I seem to remember reading that and getting agitated. Not because I wear them but because girls in glasses are hawt :P

liah wrote: »
    Gotta be down to the photos. Irish men are gorgeous, and even the ones who aren't more than make up for it in personality and sense of humour, best sense of humour on the planet imo. Never managed to bag one myself though :(

You should know from Boards that Irish men have the highest possible standards when it comes to women. "Miss World? Nah she's a minger" :pac:

Hmmm, a nicer person than I would tell you you're very pretty right now.
    You should know from Boards that Irish men have the highest possible standards when it comes to women. "Miss World? Nah she's a minger" :pac:

To that end Liah, I'm sure if you said you were Polish they'd be all over you. I see a lot of threads pop up on boards about how Polish women are superior to Irish women for no discernible reason. You could char grill a piece of dog poop and call it 'Polish cuisine' and an Irish lad would eat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭autonomy

g'wan the lads...we don't care if the world thinks were ugly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Hmmm, a nicer person than I would tell you you're very pretty right now.

You always were a charmer :pac:
    To that end Liah, I'm sure if you said you were Polish they'd be all over you. I see a lot of threads pop up on boards about how Polish women are superior to Irish women for no discernible reason. You could char grill a piece of dog poop and call it 'Polish cuisine' and an Irish lad would eat it.

Damn my hateful Canadian nationality, always ruining my chances! :mad:

In fairness I can't blame 'em, Polish birds are ridiculously good-looking.

Hmmm, a nicer person than I would tell you you're very pretty right now..
    I was going to, but then I realised, I'm gorgeous now, I no longer need to be the hunter.

Now to sit back and wait for my PM box to fill up.

any minute now...

You always were a charmer :pac:

And I always hated that I could never come on to you properly due to geographical reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

And I always hated that I could never come on to you properly due to geographical reasons.
    lmao quoting this in case you decide to delete it.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement