Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

There's still empty seats.

Dark match starting now if anyone's looking to go...

Edit: I can only see about 3empty seats now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Hope they play the devlin video we made before he comes out!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

So, February! :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So, February! :eek:

**** yeah. Cage match, and ZSJ, Dunne, and Devlin on the card, I'm sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

"The Arena" is just Good Counsel GAA Club right? Been to wrestling there before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

"The Arena" is just Good Counsel GAA Club right? Been to wrestling there before.

Just walking past it now locked out of the head. Fantastic. In seriousness it's handy with the Luas stop right outside it.

Kings of the North were awesome tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I can't really see them doing the 3arena?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 stuart_cummins

I was only saying tonight that the only possible next step is the 3 Arena similar to what ICW have done that last few years. Tonight was the best Stadium show so far.

DrumSteve wrote: »

Anyone?

The arena is Suir Rd not The Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

oneilla wrote: »
    The arena is Suir Rd not The Point.

He's talking about Cody and the Bucks with their 10k seater show, not OTT in February.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Omackeral wrote: »
    Just walking past it now locked out of the head. Fantastic. In seriousness it's handy with the Luas stop right outside it.

Kings of the North were awesome tonight.

There was two German lads near me baffled at everyone raising their arm for Kings :pac:

Brilliant show tonight, really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Mixed thoughts on the show. Bucks are the best around when they want to be but I actually get a kick out of their shticky stuff. Enjoyed it. Cody remains a mystery to me. Fair play to him conning people in to paying to see you is the whole point of wrestling but I don't see the appeal. Bit burnt out by the main event. Martina, Kay Lee and the Angel Cruzers smashed it. 'Rio De Janeiro'!

Anyone?

Lol, how is anyone taking their cheap pop seriously. Even Meltzer retweeted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

This was my first OTT show ever and I some how managed to bring one non wrestling fan and two wwe fans with me. Have to say first half of the card kept me and the lads buzzing. Really disappointed with the young bucks match, thought I was in for a super kick party! Delighted for Devlin in the last match, well deserved it! As I said first half of the card was amazing, inter gender match was the the tippin point for me, all down hill afterwards. Only my opinion, really enjoyed the show as a whole! Bring on the steel cage!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

An enjoyable show, it just a bit laggy. There were too many fights in the crowd spots. You can't see anything and it just goes on and on. Best match was the mixed tag, which I thought was going to be the worst match. I liked the triple threat, I never saw Flip before he was impressive. The main event suffered again due to the length and crowd being burnt out, but still good.

Had the wrost type of people in front of us. Just people there to chat. Not even about wrestling just there lives. Screaming and shouting at each other about what Micheal did last week while the show was going on. One of them fell asleep. Another one tried to have a phone conversation with someone in the middle of a match. Could you just not text them?

On the 10,000 seater thing (Where ever they're going to have it), It was a big discussion on the way back home, about who could sell it out? I think even if you had full bullet club and punk it was still a struggle and really doubt Punk coming back (Could be wrong of course).

Angron wrote: »
    There was two German lads near me baffled at everyone raising their arm for Kings :pac:

Brilliant show tonight, really enjoyed it.

Hah, I must've been sitting near you unless there were more than one group of Germans!

Great show.

The Young Bucks karaoke session was my piss break. Take from that what you will.

OTT just said the change to The Arena is a one off show there as the cage can't fit in the Tivoli.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

What’s the capacity of The Arena v The Tivoli?

Pentecost wrote: »
    What’s the capacity of The Arena v The Tivoli?

Assuming its Good Counsel it depends on if they do seating or standing. It's probably less if its all seating as the ring takes up a lot of the floor space, about the same if they have standing.

oneilla wrote: »
    Hah, I must've been sitting near you unless there were more than one group of Germans!

Great show.

The Young Bucks karaoke session was my piss break. Take from that what you will.

I was in GA, not far from the walkway down towards the merch area and exits.

• Advertisement

They should really put the live stream on the projectors for the sections of fighting in the crowd.

They should really put the live stream on the projectors for the sections of fighting in the crowd.

There hasn't been a live stream since the first show there. Its taped for VOD now, adding a live video mix into the set up for things like that would be a huge hassle.

There hasn't been a live stream since the first show there. Its taped for VOD now, adding a live video mix into the set up for things like that would be a huge hassle.

ah okay, I thought they were streaming this.

Its a real pain in the ass though, you cant see a thing if they are fighting in the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

showpony1 wrote: »
    - I wonder if they are going to watch the time on this one, was tired last time by time main event came on.
    - can someone tell me what happened at the low blows party that they are making a big post banning some lad?
    - I think they should give Devlin new music to go with this run (is he updating that t-shirt after every win?)
    A good call from the pony on the Devlin music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

showpony1 wrote: »
    A good call from the pony on the Devlin music

He had his regular Inception theme when he won. He had Miseria Cantare for his special "Import Killer" entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah, this, even WWE don't do live streams for house shows, it's a ridiculously complicated process and impossible to justify. A simpler solution is just to have one match designated as the one you can fight in the crowd. I absolutely see why they do it, and they should, they have a full stadium to play with and it does add to the mayhem of the night even if it's a short-term inconvenience for those who aren't immediately around the fighting. The way you get around that is to just have the fighting in all four corners (which they did in the KOTN match).

Worth keeping in mind: ultimately this is still just OTT's third show in a relatively new venue and stuff like this is still getting worked out before it's going to be a well-oiled machine. They're better to experiment to make it a more exciting show, then correct as they go, than to play it safe and hurt the show. So it's worth saying so they can correct, but I wouldn't hold it against them too much either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

they need lots of work on the timing of the show, good few people complaining on twitter of having to leave early

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TooSweet

Anyone else think some of the young bucks stuff was overkill - the promo mid match, karaoke. The crowd ate it up but just felt very fake to me. Was hoping for a more energetic high flying match.

You couldn't see anything for the hardcore match and likewise that christmas tree stuff felt very cringe to me.

Probably too much stalling/comedy spots not enough wrestling most matches could have been laid out better.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

TooSweet wrote: »
    Probably too much stalling/comedy spots not enough wrestling most matches could have been laid out better.

I think they all knew it was a bit of a special occasion, just before Christmas too, so they wanted to put smiles on faces. I'd say if they keep selling out the national stadium they'll gradually take it more seriously as it'll be less about the novelty and more about efficiency. That said, OTT still showcased the very best of wrestling as well. Every single one of them added something to the card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

TooSweet wrote:
    Anyone else think some of the young bucks stuff was overkill - the promo mid match, karaoke. The crowd ate it up but just felt very fake to me. Was hoping for a more energetic high flying match

You couldn't see anything for the hardcore match and likewise that christmas tree stuff felt very cringe to me.

I really dont meant to come off as a pretentious dick here but to be fair the promotion as a whole is marketed as one that doesn't take itself too seriously. It is called Over The Top Wrestling after all, it's specifically catered to a over 18s crowd that enjoy indie wrestling with comedy. It's unfortunate if you expected otherwise but I guess on the bright side you know what to expect next time out.

Advertisement