Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I was only thinking the other week that I hadn't seen the Fabulous Nicky in ages. He was a real highlight of the shows when OTT came to Dolan's in Limerick a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

I've only seen him the once and that was in Cork like 3 years ago, so nice to have him back.

Him against David the Beloved, the crowd were absolutely mad for him, very entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I was only thinking the other week that I hadn't seen the Fabulous Nicky in ages. He was a real highlight of the shows when OTT came to Dolan's in Limerick a few years ago.

He was in the Tivoli at the last show vs Angel Cruz. They had a steel cage match (despite there being no cage), a royal rumble match (despite Captain Sexsea being the only entrant) and an array of other mad stuff :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Great that the Kino is back in use. Haven't been to a CCW show since the last one they had in the Kino.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

So Lee Cahalane loses a "loser leaves town match" and all of a sudden CCW is toast? :pac:

Interesting times.

Good to see the Kino back in play. The warehouse on penrose wharf was great, but an absolute death trap if anything went wrong. And The Commons just didnt lend itself to wrestling shows (as well as being a bit too far out of the city).

Wish them the best. ll certainly support them next month.

• Advertisement

Event page just went up on FB and Eventbrite and it also confirms: Justy , LJ Cleary ,The Angel Cruzers and B Cool.

This is a whole new thing, cheaper tickets too :D

Must be some CCW spinoff so I'd guess. Sure didn't they have some hassle a few years back when OTT or MSW wanted to run a show here? Remember there being something on RedFm about it. Was proper cringey stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Must be some CCW spinoff so I'd guess. Sure didn't they have some hassle a few years back when OTT or MSW wanted to run a show here? Remember there being something on RedFm about it. Was proper cringey stuff.

Not my place to say but from my limited knowledge this has nothing to do with CCW.

It's a new promotion, different crowd running it. I think the presence of a lot of OTT talent should indicate this is a whole new shebang. Should be intersting to keep an eye on.

The July 6th thing is intriguing, not entirely sure what to make of it. Where is it on?

ThePott wrote: »

The July 6th thing is intriguing, not entirely sure what to make of it. Where is it on?
    I dunno what to make of it either. Low Blows podcast said it'll be Dublin city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

There’s going to be an episode of The Spandex Pantomime this Monday largely devoted to July 6th with a lot of info about it.

And yeah it’s Dublin City.

leggo wrote: »
    There’s going to be an episode of The Spandex Pantomime this Monday largely devoted to July 6th with a lot of info about it.

And yeah it’s Dublin City.

Was it just me or was the audio on Justy's intro and outro last week plagued with some kind of buzzing noise that wasn't in the interview portion?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah that was a couple weeks ago and due to a channel gone rogue, we only found the issue when it was too late and the show was online (while listening back on headphones) but it’s been resolved now!

Dgho3_-XcAIKIgE?format=jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Great show last night. Loved the surprises in the Angel Curzers Vs. Rapture match.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Great show last night. Loved the surprises in the Angel Curzers Vs. Rapture match.

Any chance of a wee recap and what ya liked about the show? I had to work nights :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Anyone else find these cringey?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SquidLad

Anyone else find these cringey?

Yeah bad acting, faux gravitas. Can't stomach it.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Think they're great. Fair Play to OTT for putting them together.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I don't see anything wrong with it, the feud/situation means a lot to the people it means a lot to, if that makes sense. Your promotion seeing wins and losses as a big deal is always good, and focusing on stories is what wrestling is all about.

• Advertisement

OTT are running a Defiant (all women) show in the Tivoli in October.

So the final match for Phoenix Wrestling's debut show in Cork next Friday was announced.

Full Card
    DijHTYsXsAADQ_E.jpg

Very solid card for their first show, first of many hopefully.
    Apparently they're looking at options for VOD at the moment, it will be filmed though.

That looks very solid. It's very obviously a CCW related thing though. Are they just going to run two promotions now?

The talent involved are CCW alumni but this is a whole different thing.

On insta they said it's a new company, new management etc. Not sure what's going on with CCW but this is a new promotion completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

hopefully it does well as OTT has been very stale as of late and it has no competition in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

What about OTT would you consider stale?

I dont get to go up every month, so every time i see it, its amazing!

New guys and gals like MTH, Club Tropicana and Valkrie are putting on great matches. Walter has been introduced to go against Devlin, which should be good, few suprises at the last show also. As i said as someone who doesnt go monthly maybe I dont see the staleness, so I would be interested in what others have to say about the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SquidLad

I definitely don't agree that OTT is stale. I think it was possibly getting that towards the end of last year and into January. But they've massively freshened things up since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Am I right in saying that the names for Defiant 2 are very much the same as the first?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

ThePott wrote: »
    So the final match for Phoenix Wrestling's debut show in Cork next Friday was announced.

Full Card
    DijHTYsXsAADQ_E.jpg

Very solid card for their first show, first of many hopefully.
    Apparently they're looking at options for VOD at the moment, it will be filmed though.

Super fun show. Running again in August. Last night was ram jam. Uncomfortably so. Hopefully they decide to have no chairs next time.

Thatcher. His poor chest. Some nice heel turns.

Well done those who created this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Yup gotta agree. Great fun from start to finish. Great atmosphere in that venue too. Looking forward to the next one.

Advertisement