Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Plus joe and Rachel the merch girl have a wedding to pay for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

This thread is getting very negative lads.

Let's be more positive here that we have a scene that is going gangbusters and producing awesome talent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

brianblaze wrote: »
    This thread is getting very negative lads.

Let's be more positive here that we have a scene that is going gangbusters and producing awesome talent

To right, we have never been as blessed to have such a plethora of irish wrestling related things from events, to parties to podcasts....watching talent going international and all!

We have FFPW having a show friday, OTT producing steller show after show, CCW doing their thing, IWW are wrestling on the strand in tramore soon, its awesome!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

leggo wrote: »
    Angel Cruz ends up in New Bedlam! Man you’ve made my day with that idea!

Still waiting on other ways to incorporate Mad Man in OTT, Leggo the floor is yours!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I can’t top Angel Cruz in New Bedlam, that is the correct answer for “How would you bring Manson into OTT” :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

In other OTT related news I see Paul mentioned OTT as one of the “promotions we have an alliance with” while praising Jordan Devlin ahead of the UK tournament. Seems the rumours of a favoured relationship were true.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Who's Paul?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Who's Paul?

Triple H, runs NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Pentecost wrote: »
    In other OTT related news I see Paul mentioned OTT as one of the “promotions we have an alliance with” while praising Jordan Devlin ahead of the UK tournament. Seems the rumours of a favoured relationship were true.

was this not obvious from the exact same UK tournament last year?
    Joey Cabray sitting in the front row?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Lads, i am messin. Just a bit silly using real names....

ban in 3.....2.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I think it's real cool tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

showpony1 wrote: »
    was this not obvious from the exact same UK tournament last year?
    Joey Cabray sitting in the front row?

It was but there was talk that whatever they were planning had fallen through.

The Paul thing was just me having a laugh.

Anyone going to Contenders tomorrow? Bringing one of my mates who watches the odd but of WWE for his first taste if Indy wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Yep I'm heading, bringing my two nephews. They're only 6 and 8 so they couldn't go to the normal shows but they loved the last one. Massive Terry Thatcher and Scotty Davis fans. It's great seeing them going crazy for the good guys and booing the bad guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SquidLad

Anyone going to Contenders tomorrow? Bringing one of my mates who watches the odd but of WWE for his first taste if Indy wrestling

I'm bringing my brother to this show and the next one at the Tivoli. He's a pretty big wrestling fan but has only watched WWE/old stuff and to my knowledge has never even seen an indy show before. He has no idea what's in store for him.

I assume all age shows are a bit lower key than the Tivoli ones? Is there booze?

I assume all age shows are a bit lower key than the Tivoli ones? Is there booze?

Yep. Nothing on tap though.

Club Tropicana with José absolutely should be main roster regulars. Unbelievably great stuff from them anytime I've seen them. Hope they get a good chance. The pop Captain Sexsea got in the Tivloli was huge when he appeared. All three of them are fantastic comics. Love them!

Great show, good mix of all styles. Agreed about Tropicana, and José. Really miss Bobby George Jr but alas it seems he's gone.

Tanizaki v Guinness was great, Evil Uno v Terry Thatcher had a nice HBK/ Vader feel to it, also a great match.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Happy to get two seated tickets to the last Tivoli show. But not super crazy about the lineup so far.

Angel Cruzers against The Rapture. Felt like we just saw that match and making it a number one contender means it's leading to either one of these teams taking on the Kings of the North which would be another repeat.

I don't get Haskins against Devlin. It was the main event of the super show last year and was good but wasn't dying to see it again. Is this Haskins cash in?

I'm still excited to for the show and sure it will be all good on the night.

• Advertisement

gibson signed by wwe, probably means rapture losing,

Haskins been signed too perhaps? which again means he loses

montyrebel wrote: »
    gibson signed by wwe, probably means rapture losing,

Haskins been signed too perhaps? which again means he loses

Haskins signed?

not sure that's why I put the question mark but I hope he has, my fave UK worker

Anyone know what this July 6th thing that the FFPW wrestlers are hinting at on Twitter?

https://twitter.com/RatherBeDean/status/1009057364098650113

Omackeral wrote: »
    Club Tropicana with Josbsolutely should be main roster regulars. Unbelievably great stuff from them anytime I've seen them. Hope they get a good chance. The pop Captain Sexsea got in the Tivloli was huge when he appeared. All three of them are fantastic comics. Love them!

Well it seems they're gonna get a crack at it. More Than Hype vs Club Tropicana and Colt Cabana at the Tivoli next month.

oneilla wrote: »
    Anyone know what this July 6th thing that the FFPW wrestlers are hinting at on Twitter?

https://twitter.com/RatherBeDean/status/1009057364098650113

Scaffold match I'd imagine

They must be planning a move to a new venue for Grapple Games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

do they sell alcohol at the fight factory episode shows?

showpony1 wrote: »
    do they sell alcohol at the fight factory episode shows?

No. It's in a community centre.

Some of the FFPW wrestlers are organising an adult show for July 6th (Low Blows podcast didn't reveal any more details beyond it being some kind of "pay what you want" tickets :confused:

The Hangar show before Xmas was mostly FFPW wrestlers and there was booze at that. Think Hangar has since closed however

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

So a new wrestling promotion just popped up in Cork :eek:

Phoenix Wrestling

They're putting on their first show in the Kino in Cork on July 27th and it's called “F!*k Sake, Not Another Wrestling Company :pac:

They haven't revealed much yet but the press release Low Blows put up highlighted "local talent including Raven Creed, The Armstrongs, Billy Bedlam and Ricky Combat, as well as Irish favourites like The Fabulous Nicky, Terry Thatcher, More Than Hype and more to be announced"

Exciting news for the weekend, keep an eye on their facebook page I'd say, I reckon this could get interesting. Nice to have so many options on the island for Irish wrestling.

Advertisement