Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

SquidLad wrote: »
    Really annoyed I can't make it to Phoenix in Limerick as I've just watched the first two shows and am really enjoying it.

Same that card is really great and they have a band opening before hand, seems like an awesome night, can't wait to get it on the VOD.

Has anyone watched the video promos on Phoenix's fb page?

They are on another level :eek:, the Bedlam and Raven one looks phenomenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Serious Phoenix show in Limerick last night, full value for money. I'll go a bit more in-depth sooner.

Full card was:
    - Alexander Dean & CT Flexor vs MTH.
    - Martina & Fabulous Nicky vs Billy Bedlam & Raven Creed.
    - Ricky Graham vs Ballymun Bruiser.
    - Club Tropicana vs The Wards.
    - Phil Boyd vs Skyler of Flight Mode.
    - Angel Cruzers vs The Armstrongs.
    - LJ Cleary vs Steve Savage.

Great show, gonna say about 140 heads I counted.
    Had a live band play before the show, during intermission and for some entrances.
    Club Tropicana vs The Wards and Martina/Nicky vs Bedlam/Creed were probably the most fun matches of the night, the former particularly which was my favourite.
    Kearney and Martin are very impressive wrestlers while the angle that they shot after the main event was f*cking superb and so real that it actually took me a second.

All in all, get out to a show and because it's superb and if you can't then buy the VOD. They're coming to Limerick again in November and I'll be there provided it doesn't clash with the League of Ireland Relegation playoffs.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

live band doing entrances is pretty freakin' sweet! Do they've any big shows left in Dublin this year?

Thanks for the write up, that sounds sick. Live band for entrances especially. Glad to hear they're doing well outside of Cork.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    live band doing entrances is pretty freakin' sweet! Do they've any big shows left in Dublin this year?

They're Munster based they won't do Dublin shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

ThePott wrote: »
    They're Munster based they won't do Dublin shows.

Joe wouldn't allow it,
    is the date confirmed for November in Limerick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Why would Joe not allow it? There are other wrestling shows in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Why would Joe not allow it? There are other wrestling shows in Dublin.

I'm having PTSD flashbacks to a bygone era... :PAC:

What happened at Phoenix Wrestling between Phillip Boyd & Stephen Savages boxer friend.
    Mr. Small Package seems incensed about it on his twitter - but Phoenix are posting links to
    the boxer speaking in kayfabe on an interview about the incident?

Is this a worked shoot?

A well worked shoot but it does keep you guessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The October OTT show is actually better than anything else going on anywhere on earth that month. Fair play to the lads.

• Advertisement

How come there is now male talent booked to defiant?

showpony1 wrote: »
    I spotted that I think it was a Contenders Pre-Show of sorts?
    Mightn't be drawing! It's the type of show I'd go to if I was in the area but otherwise probably not.

Also, that 4th Anniversary show is taking the piss it's so stacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Aye they're advertising it as a pre show. I was at the previous Defiant and really enjoyed it but it was quite empty. I was a bit surprised they went with the concept again and I don't blame them trying this to shift tickets. Plus it's Strickland vs Bandido in the Tivoli so can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I wonder is the fact that the Defiant show is doubling up with a stadium show killing the potential attendees. The shows are very reasonably priced but I have found myself picking and choosing (to somewhat avoid burn out).

I think I'd be correct in saying Defiant has more appreal to the die-hards and less the casuals. The same die-hards are the guys/gals you can be sure are investing in "Meet and Greets" at the 4th anniversary show.

It's the type of show I'd go to if I was in the area but otherwise probably not.

what do you mean by this?

showpony1 wrote: »
    what do you mean by this?
    It's a good card but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it. If it was on my doorstep definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

On Low Blows VOD this week, we've released Phoenix Wrestling's 'I See You've Played Knifey Spooney' before featuring the incident that was talked about here if anyone wants to check it out. It's only €8 to subscribe or just €5 to purchase the show individually and you'll be directly supporting Irish promotions in doing so.

We'll be releasing Fight Factory Episode 6: 'Grapple Games' later this week which features one of the matches of the year as Jordan Devlin defends his Irish Junior Heavyweight Championship against five of the top wrestlers in the country. To celebrate, we've released an excellent free match from Episode 5, as More Than Hype defended their Irish tag-team championships against Club Rock Shandy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Anyone any idea why Bobby George Jr is no longer a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Kayfabe answer = Eh he died doing a charity swim if I remember correctly.

Real answer = Gimmick had probably run its course.

• Advertisement

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Real answer = Gimmick had probably run its course.

But he was mega over the few times I saw him?

I hope José's brother gets a new announcer gig soon!

OTT wrestlers killing off their characters is kinda weird. Is there an in-joke I missed?

Martin of Lads from the Flats went to prison

Logan Bryce died, Bobby George too

oneilla wrote: »
    Logan Bryce died

What is dead, may never die

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Wait, what? I might have to look at that dictionary again.....
    brianblaze wrote: »
    What is dead, may never die

Or watch Game of Thrones, either or ;)

His head was pulled out of a box at fan appreciation night... (And it was a GoT reference) Looks like he's coming back in a slightly more undead fashion

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Many on here going tonight? There still seems to be a lot of tickets left for Stalls and Floor Seats. Ospreay vs WALTER, Suzuki vs Thatcher and Kushida vs Ishii is an incredible top three singles matches along with the LIJ vs Bandido, Flamita, Stickland six man.

Then tomorrow night is Defiant in the Tivoli with a Contenders pre show. Very excited for this OTT weekender.

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    Many on here going tonight? There still seems to be a lot of tickets left for Stalls and Floor Seats. Ospreay vs WALTER, Suzuki vs Thatcher and Kushida vs Ishii is an incredible top three singles matches along with the LIJ vs Bandido, Flamita, Stickland six man.

Then tomorrow night is Defiant in the Tivoli with a Contenders pre show. Very excited for this OTT weekender.

It didn't sell out. Few hundred seats empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Wouldn't go that far, one small section was empty, about 50 - 80 empty seats.

Never thought I'd see florecent light tubes at an OTT show but there you go. Main Event was fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

I talked a bit on here about how much I loved the WALTER Devlin match but that WALTER Ospreay match tonight was on another level. That was as good a match as you’ll see anywhere. It’s amazing how good a job OTT are doing right now. Every show is delivering to a very high level and their use of WALTER has been perfect so far.

Bandido, Flamita & Strickland were such a fun trios team. Everyone having a bop to Tequila and Ain’t Nobody was awesome. The LIJ lads are just the coolest MFers in wrestling.

It was great to see Suzuki again and loved his match with Thatcher. The visciousness of those strikes gave me flashbacks to his match with Goto from this year’s WrestleKingdom.

It was also great to see Kushida having a match with a New Japan Heavyweight, great match with Ishii.

The undercard was super fun too, fun 5 way to open the show, Kings MTH and the two Davies’ against one another were both really good. Lots of bread chants for Kojima, and he enjoyed stuffing down the slice of bread thrown into the ring, great to get to see himself and Goto live. Another very funny video before the Angel Cruzers match, big pop for Havoc as the mystery partner, and there were light tubes! Havoc vs Cruz in the first ever death match in OTT anyone?

Advertisement