Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Historical Loadouts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Firekitten wrote: »
    Entirely your right, and I won't tell you not to. Just be prepared to piss off some people sometimes, or cause offence.
    Sorry, I was trying to say something so unreasonable/extreme it could only be taken as a joke. It did not work. Too tired here probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

I understood it I thought, and I agree, it is your right, if that was a joke, I fail at comprehending it, my bad, im in a VERY long day today... been in since 11am, not home till... mid day tomorrow at latest? lol I probably didnt get you.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

Yeah I saw a guy on Scoutthedoggie with a French Resistence loadout, he had a Kar98 (which was awesome) and in another video an mp38 (Which in my opinion is sweet). The problem is finding a practical, money well spent gun for it. If I could get my hands on a nice Kar 98 that'd be aces. It's such a pimping looking loadout, so simple. Plus, different tricolour, swap the beret (I'm being slightly racist, assuming all French people wear berets, all the time, for the sake of a joke.) for a Paddycap and BANG Fenian :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

g&g are releasing a co2 kar98 in the future, might be worth holding out for if your interested in this route

MonkeyGuy wrote: »
    Yeah I saw a guy on Scoutthedoggie with a French Resistence loadout, he had a Kar98 (which was awesome) and in another video an mp38 (Which in my opinion is sweet). The problem is finding a practical, money well spent gun for it. If I could get my hands on a nice Kar 98 that'd be aces. It's such a pimping looking loadout, so simple. Plus, different tricolour, swap the beret (I'm being slightly racist, assuming all French people wear berets, all the time, for the sake of a joke.) for a Paddycap and BANG Fenian :P
    I've skirmished with that guy :P with his mp38, in full french resistance kit, in 2ft of snow at POW airsoft in Scotland :) Very Bastone.

• Advertisement

Puding wrote: »
    g&g are releasing a co2 kar98 in the future, might be worth holding out for if your interested in this route

How long in the future?
    I've skirmished with that guy :P with his mp38, in full french resistance kit, in 2ft of snow at POW airsoft in Scotland :) Very Bastone.

I'm well jello

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

that is just the branding on the asg booth at the show, that is the Marushin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

that is just the branding on the asg booth at the show, that is the Marushin

Damn :/

Unlucky Ronan, for me.

• Advertisement

Just back from a game there today and I realised something that goes against using historic gear...

Near the end of a game, it came down to just me and Nam Guy (I really should've found out his name, he was a legend) holding off the entire other team at the end of the valley in Oakridge. He was packing a Tokyo Marui m16a1 and I was using my friend's Both Elephant Type 89 (a clone of the Marui). Even though his gun was smexy, it didn't shoot that much better than mine. Despite this, there's eeeasily, at least a €100 gap between the guns.

Now I know you could say this about any high-end gun verses clones, but there aren't many clone era guns, especially not good ones. Just something that stood out for me, even though it only really goes to prove what we've already been saying...

Anyways, yeah..

tbh i do not really see how that is really an issue, it is relitvly easy to get any aeg performing at the same level as others

a comparison between a BE and a Tm is a little off as your paying for different things

with historical/themed impressions accuracy of the replica is normally of higher performance, with this area of airsoft practically and performance is commonly sacrificed for accuracy

if people are overly concerned with performance then this area of airsoft is tbh not 100% for them

I don't know if I'm picking you up the right way, but I think I agree with you? You're spending more money for the look of the gun, even though you still have to work for improved effectiveness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I don't know if I'm picking you up the right way, but I think I agree with you? You're spending more money for the look of the gun, even though you still have to work for improved effectiveness.

You're half-way there - accurate loadouts mean you care MORE for aesthetics than performance, which means you're willing to sacrifice practicality and performance for accuracy.

But as Puding said, you can upgrade and tune your chosen gun and get it firing right as rain. But yes, it is certainly more important with era-themed stuff for accuracy than performance

It's a shame. I find it so frustrating that there's so many modern stuff around, even though plenty of it's rubbish and all I want is one nice classic gun!

It's a shame. I find it so frustrating that there's so many modern stuff around, even though plenty of it's rubbish and all I want is one nice classic gun!

define classic? there are a lot of replicas out there, not all of them show up in ireland or are that well known

Guns from all the big wars in the early 20th century or up to about Nam basically.
    there are a lot of replicas out there, not all of them show up in ireland or are that well known

I'm listening!

Guns from all the big wars in the early 20th century or up to about Nam basically.

I'm listening!

m1 carbine
    Garand
    sten
    grease gun
    thompson
    bar
    20 cal
    50 cal
    mg34
    mg42
    ppsh
    kar 98
    Mosin
    lee enfield
    type 99
    type 38
    bren
    mp40
    stg44

+ pistols

there is not actually that many modern aeg replicas just lots of variates of the big 3 or 4 in reality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

mg42

Now I'm listening :pac:

See to me and Chris, 'a classic gun' refers to the oldschool tank fed gas guns that predated aegs.... ie, classica airsoft, as it's called.

Basically, you just made a list that is anything that isn't a g36, m4, mp5, g3, ak, or scar or whatever new plastic tat magpull released.

Frankly, its a little hard to advise if we don't know Which ones you like... Pick a few, and we can suggest options. Otherwise, theres just too many guns to feasably offer opinions on all of them.

• Advertisement

Well I meant like the amount of companies the make those same four or whatever guns.

Guns I'd really like would be M1/2 Carbine, Stoner LMG, Thompson, Sten, grease gun, trench gun... Oh and a wood drangunov or VSS mmm

Well I meant like the amount of companies the make those same four or whatever guns.

Guns I'd really like would be M1/2 Carbine, Stoner LMG, Thompson, Sten, grease gun, trench gun... Oh and a wood drangunov or VSS mmm

only one not available is the vss ( well it is but 2000usd and export from russia is a little much and risky )

all the rest you can get, they may not be 200euros and re-branded from asg but there out there

I know they're out there, nut they're dear and hard to get, and with almost all of them I've heard bad things about them. If I'm gonna spend a lot of money on a gun I want to know it'll definitely shoot well and not break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Basically, you just made a list that is anything that isn't a g36, m4, mp5, g3, ak, or scar or whatever new plastic tat magpull released.
    Pft! If a 50 year old G3, or an 45 year old MP5, or and 60+ year old AK doesn't qualify as classic, there isn't much left! :)

sliabh wrote: »
    Pft! If a 50 year old G3, or an 45 year old MP5, or and 60+ year old AK doesn't qualify as classic, there isn't much left! :)

AK is a classic. Basically anything before the mass introduction of plastics in guns, guns such as...

m1 carbine
    Garand
    sten
    grease gun
    thompson
    bar
    20 cal
    50 cal
    mg34
    mg42
    ppsh
    kar 98
    Mosin
    lee enfield
    type 99
    type 38
    bren
    mp40
    stg44

+ pistols :D

I know they're out there, nut they're dear and hard to get, and with almost all of them I've heard bad things about them. If I'm gonna spend a lot of money on a gun I want to know it'll definitely shoot well and not break.
    M1 carbine... Marushin, not a bad rifle actually
    stoner lmg (Hiss) not that ares crap, the g&p stoner 63 is great... gorgeous gun with an invitative box mag design and feed system that works brilliantly.
    thompson... King arms... cheaper than the TM, and MUCH better.
    sten... Agm... great little gun, I have one, can't fault it...
    marushin do a trench gun... thier shotguns suck, not the best
    SVD... options... realsword... great, a&k... good spring rifle... got one, not much I can fault it for, nice hop system, and well made.
    vss... none yet.

If you look, you can find things, its just a matter of doing some research and finding the things. the cheap end of things are more hit and miss, the higher end... varies.

Something most people forget is that in Higher End rifles, most of the money goes into the quality of the replica, NOT in the quality of the performance. Sure, some money goes into that end of things, but nowhere near as much. R&D is more about getting a gearbox + motor + battery to fit in the desired gun, and then is spent tweaking the gearbox to give as good performance as you can get out of the setup, within budget constraints (obviously.)

For me at least, choosing a very specific gun is a labour of love. You are choosing to work on your 'baby' to get it running just as you want it. I am very much guilty of caring more about externals, and worrying about internals later...why? I. Am. Vain.

I'm definitely interested in the M1 Carbine now. Basically the only bad thing I heard about it was, "Ehhts a peece ah shiih" so I suppose I can't base my opinion of it on that.

Saving that a Thompson or STEN would be nice. Heard some not-so-great things about the ASG STEN and can't seem to find the KA Thompson :confused:

KA Thompson :confused:
    There are a good few Thompson's out there:
    - Cyma
    - King Arms
    - ARES (Not sure if it's been released yet)
    - Snow Wolf

I've only ever handled and shot the KA and CYMA ones, and to be honest I prefer the CYMA. But the only way I'd ever have a thompson is if I was to go fedora + trenchcoat & pinstripe suit :cool:

• Advertisement

Hmmm... CYMA eh?

Advertisement