Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 131 - June 11th

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Xlami wrote: »
    IMO when fighters lay on their backs like Rocha did last night it should be a point deduction. He made a few feeble attempts at pulling Cerrone down but seemed far too happy to just lay on his back.

I don't see why fighters aren't allowed stay on the ground if they want, they should be aloowed stay there imo. That is if people want to see the UFC being "As Real As It Gets". But when you have judges scoring a fight, you can't really get that..

I'd like to see a bit more of butt-scooting by the Jiu-Jitsu fighters. Wrestlers can hold people against the cage/on the mat without doing anything. I'd like to see fighters being allowed to butt-scoot for a little while before being stood up. Just like fighters are given a chance to 'improve their position' before the ref breaks them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭threeball

ScareGilly wrote: »
    I don't see why fighters aren't allowed stay on the ground if they want, they should be aloowed stay there imo. That is if people want to see the UFC being "As Real As It Gets". But when you have judges scoring a fight, you can't really get that..

I'd like to see a bit more of butt-scooting by the Jiu-Jitsu fighters. Wrestlers can hold people against the cage/on the mat without doing anything. I'd like to see fighters being allowed to butt-scoot for a little while before being stood up. Just like fighters are given a chance to 'improve their position' before the ref breaks them up.

I agree, can't see why the standing fighter should dictate where the fight takes place. There's plenty of jits guys who would be quite happy to have a stand up fighter attack them while they're on their backs and they should be allowed that option.

I also think Cain will have it all to do to halt Dos Santos run. Junior wins that match up imo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Fair play to Dana for that one. At least he's doing the decent thing. Now if only the reffing situation was sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

threeball wrote: »
    I agree, can't see why the standing fighter should dictate where the fight takes place. There's plenty of jits guys who would be quite happy to have a stand up fighter attack them while they're on their backs and they should be allowed that option.

In fairness, if that was allowed, they could simply sit down and not engage in any striking or standup grappling. It's embarassing enough to see people dragging themselves around like a sick dog in a sub wrestling match, never mind MMA.

Clive wrote: »
    In fairness, if that was allowed, they could simply sit down and not engage in any striking or standup grappling. It's embarassing enough to see people dragging themselves around like a sick dog in a sub wrestling match, never mind MMA.

Just like they could in a real fight? Isn't the UFC all about 'As Real As It Gets' ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Just like they could in a real fight? Isn't the UFC all about 'As Real As It Gets' ?

No, "As real as it gets" is just a marketing slogan. If someone did that in a real fight they'd get their face kicked in.

Clive wrote: »
    No, "As real as it gets" is just a marketing slogan. If someone did that in a real fight they'd get their face kicked in.

Bring back Pride Rules :rolleyes: Then let them do it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Thought it was a great show. Cowboy Cerrone was the worst fight, Rocha should be a FW by the looks of it. Thought the Mexicutioner was great in his fight, almost a UFC version of the Frye/Takayama fight. What a main event, and I too thought the judges were terrible. I can understand the Munoz decision being 29-28 in his favour as the 3rd was close, but how on earth 30-27 when Maia nearly KO's him in the first and beat him on the feet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

How come carwin couldn't blow his nose again?
    Rogan was saying something about his eyes swelling up if he did

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

yeah, if your nose is ****ed and you blow your nose, it will cause some major swelling

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    How come carwin couldn't blow his nose again?
    Rogan was saying something about his eyes swelling up if he did

I think it's something like if you blow a bloody nose, it increases blood flow to that area, which in turn means any time you get hit it will swell a hell of a lot faster if I remember correctly...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think it has to do with airpressure to the area (sinuses) but im not a doctor. I have seen guys do it and the subsequent swelling was dire!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

This is why you dont blow your nose when its broke during a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

so its not muscle swelling, its simple air swelling, ugh

Advertisement