Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 131 - June 11th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Fightin to keep me eyes open after all the pints at battle zone
    Everyone knows thats where the real show was sure :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

very quite night tonight on here, this fight is a total crap shot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Judges can clock out now, won't be needed here.

Maia out cornering JDS already, seeing him has just made me remember how much of a joke that Munoz decision was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Jaysus

Oh god that was close to being stopped.

• Advertisement

he's some mess, some heart hes ****ed

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

That should have been stopped IMHO..

DeV.

Job done for junior,carwins a mess

Herb Dean is the best in the business.

he can't even get near him, footwork too slow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

How that wasnt stopped I dont know, look at the state of his face.

DeVore wrote: »
    That should have been stopped IMHO..

DeV.
    thanks for being honest with us

"should i blow my nose?"

Fair play to Carwin for sticking it out

30-27 Carwin Unanimous Decision going by previous Judging.

Well thats it for me,my bed is calling!

Im surprised only one judge scored a 10-8 round. Theres no way that 2nd round was 10-9

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Denners.ie

Some horrible decisions tonight but I don't understand the uproar over Munoz winning. Maia won the first and Munoz the second, third I would just give to Munoz as he controlled him against the cage and had two 'half' takedowns. Apart from Maia out grappling him on the ground for a minute he didn't do anything else.

JDS is an animal, his takedown defence was very impressive against a solid wrestler.

Denners.ie wrote: »
    Some horrible decisions tonight but I don't understand the uproar over Munoz winning. Maia won the first and Munoz the second, third I would just give to Munoz as he controlled him against the cage and had two 'half' takedowns. Apart from Maia out grappling him on the ground for a minute he didn't do anything else.

JDS is an animal, his takedown defence was very impressive against a solid wrestler.

I had it 29-28 to Maia wit him losing the 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

If the judges were any good, this would be the best UFC in ages...

Omigawa was robbed.
    I thought the Beltran fight was stopped a bit early tbh.
    Young should've been given the decision.
    I was disappointed with how soon the tapout came in the Nick Ring fight.
    Sozsynski dominated a Middleweight, can't comment really.
    Nice KO by Stout.
    Was disappointed that the Cerrone fight didn't go to the ground. Cerrone dominated.
    I thought the Einemo fight was stopped early too. Seemed like Einemo was still defending/working his way out of the position.
    I thought Maia won, who the f*ck could give the first round to Munoz? He deserves to be shot.. The last round should've been a draw or given to Maia.
    Again, what judge gave the first round to Florian? I had it 29-28 Florian, but how could anyone give him 30-27?
    Only one judge got the score right in JDS' fight. 30-26, could've even been 30-25, why are judges so afraid of giving 10-8 rounds?

The night was ruined by judges/early stoppages imo..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Denners.ie wrote: »

I had Maia controlling him on the cage? Outgrappling him on the ground? And beating him in the stand up?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Had a 8 fight accumulator, all came up bar Maia, i had Maia in 1 and 3, the sub should of won the 3rd, i could prob accept the loss but 30-27 is a joke
    To be honest, one of the few fights that had a case to be a draw,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Personally thought Munoz or a draw was right, no way Maia won, he got the first, lost the second and the third was very tight but just Munoz for me, i had Munoz in my win bet so i was happy but shocked with the 30-27!
    JDS was awesome, great boxing, good takedowns and good takedown defence.
    Stouts ko was supreme.
    Liked the Einemo/Herman fight, Herman struggled to the win for me, i was expecting a loss when he got clocked.
    Disappointed with Cerrone not going for it as i had him backed on submission with Herman ko.

Going to re watch the Maia fight later with out my betting on maia / fan boy glasses on. I really thought he took the third by an edge but a draw would have been a fair result. I think I'm more annoyed that one judge scored it 30-27.

Also LOL at the Asian conspiracy in MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

IMO when fighters lay on their backs like Rocha did last night it should be a point deduction. He made a few feeble attempts at pulling Cerrone down but seemed far too happy to just lay on his back. Was disappointed with Poirier but thought Young looked well in his debut and has a future ahead of him. Can't really see Ken Flo being any real threat to Aldo but would still like to see the fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just watched the end of the fight a few times there was JDS about to tap there?????, watch the replay after the fight. Looks like his hand was coming up to tap :eek:

Nothing said at all about it in the commentary. Could be just how it looks in the slow mo replay because you can't hear the bell in it and the fight finished from the other angle so couldn't be seen when the bell went.

Ariel Helwani asked him post fight he said he wasn't close to tapping, thought it looked like it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

i thought that was a great card, the 3 prelims i seen on tv were great too

JDS is class, i think he will take cain. No way he was tappin, he was bringing his hands up, lookin at the ref as to say "the bell is gone, he hasn't released the choke"

I though Maia won the fight, his standup was quality. 30-27 is farcical, they need to sort out the judging. when i heard buffer say 30-27 i was sure maia had it after the first round. Though Maia won the third, didnt he nearly get him in a crucifix in the third

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

calex71 wrote: »
    Just watched the end of the fight a few times there was JDS about to tap there?????, watch the replay after the fight. Looks like his hand was coming up to tap :eek:

Nothing said at all about it in the commentary. Could be just how it looks in the slow mo replay because you can't hear the bell in it and the fight finished from the other angle so couldn't be seen when the bell went.

Yea I saw that too. Carwin had him in a guillotine just as the last few seconds ticked down, looked pretty tight too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I just finished watching it there. I thought it was a fairly good card considering all the changes due to injury. Some good fights on there.

JDS-Carwin was a great fight. Carwin has some heart. JDS is brilliant. Think he'll beat Cain too. Although I thought he was about to tap at the end too.
    The Sam Stout KO was a cracker!
    I have to say I gave it to Munoz. 30-27 was a joke though.
    Rocha was terrible. Cerrone should've finished him but seemed almost bored and wasn't putting effort in. Even though it was a win it was still a bad performance from him.

I think the judges need to be sorted out tbh. They could actually be a threat to the sport. Some of their decisions ruin cards and it means leaving it in the hands of the judges is unthinkable now. They seem incapable of making the correct decision a lot of the time.

Advertisement