Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Toast4532 wrote: »
    That is gorgeous. I really wish nude colours suited me, but they always make me look like I have no nails so I have to avoid them :(

Thank you :) have you tried a greige instead of a nude? I'd consider them neutral and therefore kind of nude? Something like essie chinchilly? I've bought a few nudes that make me look like my hands belong on a corpse but that one is barry m lychee and it's a little bit warmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

PennyWren wrote: »
    Thank you :) have you tried a greige instead of a nude? I'd consider them neutral and therefore kind of nude? Something like essie chinchilly? I've bought a few nudes that make me look like my hands belong on a corpse but that one is barry m lychee and it's a little bit warmer.
    I have tried grey colour. I actually have two Essence ones and neither of them suit me so I rarely wear them. I would usually just put them on my toes lol as on my fingers they don't look good at all.

For some reason yellows, greys, nudes, pastel and white don't suit me which is a shame as I see so many lovely polishes in those colours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I have tried grey colour. I actually have two Essence ones and neither of them suit me so I rarely wear them. I would usually just put them on my toes lol as on my fingers they don't look good at all.

For some reason yellows, greys, nudes, pastel and white don't suit me which is a shame as I see so many lovely polishes in those colours :)

Realising a colour you adore doesn't actually suit you = anger, denial, acceptance...

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Never acceptance...never!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

hi guys! has anyone found the Bourjois Python top coat anywhere in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Work appropriate leopard print

That's fab! What colours did you use?

bnagrrl wrote: »
    That's fab! What colours did you use?

Thank you :) base colour is barry m lychee and the spots are opi you don't know Jacques and a black striper for the edges.

Grey with pink flowers. I think an accent nail may have been a better idea, this might be a bit much

I love it as an all over mani Pennywren its not too much at all.

Grey with pink flowers. I think an accent nail may have been a better idea, this might be a bit much

Nah I think with the dusky/neutral colours it works well as a full set!

• Advertisement

ladypip wrote: »
    I love it as an all over mani Pennywren its not too much at all.

Thank you! It's kind of grown on me over the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Boyfriend bought me these as late Xmas presents, hope they come soon.

Essie Sunday Funday

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XGPJaDoqtz0/UaUqD9M1W5I/AAAAAAAAT68/ZyZwdVRWL8c/s1600/Essie+Sunday+Funday+1.JPG

Essie Sole Mate - been looking for a deep plum colour for ages delighted to have this on the way :D

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7201/6872424781_3669f2fe11_z.jpg
    All the polishes arrived the other day so I put on 'Sunday Funday' and its a gorgeous peachy-coral colour, really lovely, kinda neon, but it chips so easily. By Tuesday morning I had loads of chips, so I had to take it off and reapply, then by yesterday morning I had to go over it again cos there was some more chips, and by last night it had chipped even more so I just took it off altogether.

I'm really disappointed by how quickly and easily it chips, its such a gorgeous colour, but really I'd say only suitable for maybe one day's wear, because any more than that and it just doesn't last (on me anyway!).

This morning I applied Sole Mate which is a lovely colour, but its not a deep, dark plum colour, more of a dark brown with red/purple tones to it, it is a nice colour though, but I'm still on the hunt for a really deep, dark, rich plum colour unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

I'm still on the hunt for a really deep, dark, rich plum colour unfortunately.

have a look at these:

nails inc - Victoria and Saville Row

Rimmel - Black cherries

OPI - Lincoln Park After Dark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

This morning I applied Sole Mate which is a lovely colour, but its not a deep, dark plum colour, more of a dark brown with red/purple tones to it, it is a nice colour though, but I'm still on the hunt for a really deep, dark, rich plum colour unfortunately.

Just a suggestion but maybe try Wet N Wild Disturbia. It's only €2.99 so worth looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 copea2

My local pharmacy were selling off Gosh nail varnish at 70% off - so I bought 6 :pac:

289268.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

LOVE the purple one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 copea2

Also I got the Sally Hansen Insta Dri and the complete care for Christmas -really liking both. Nail varnish is Sally Hansen Pedal to the medal - love the colour

289270.jpg

I adore Insta Dri. Won't paint my nails without it. It makes such a good job of my nails, people are always asking where I got my shellac done!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I adore Insta Dri. Won't paint my nails without it. It makes such a good job of my nails, people are always asking where I got my shellac done!

Same here, I love it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 d.m.g

Chillin out on a Sunday! Painting my nails! ...Its been a while!! :)

DSC_0458+%28Copy%29.jpg

• Advertisement

d.m.g wrote: »

I love this! So cute

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

d.m.g wrote: »

What gold are you using? Your nails look fab

Thanks! Its as follows:

OPI nail envy (as base)
    OPI - Kiss my on my Tulips pink)
    OPI - All sparkly and gold (gold)
    OPI - Black onyx
    OPI - Rapid Dry top coat

I <3 OPI! :)

Colours are gorge. How does the rapid dry top coat compare to SH Insta Dri?

I LOVE OPI Rapid Dry! Not too sure about the SH one - I'm pretty sure I've used it in the past, but I'll grab a bottle at the weekend & let you know! :)

Jaysus don't buy a bottle just to satisfy my curiosity!!

Are we ever gonna get our nail polish swap group back?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Am currently wearing Arcane Lacquer: Infinity..
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsHf9V1PwTvDquGucn_mp_S_a_fWdo4AR745IF-lxz-P0wpIfW

Am loving it..it's so glittery and beautiful..I've gone a bit bananas buying polish in the last 2 months so I need to cool it for a while..there are just so many pretty colors!! Am currently waiting on this pretty:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4rzNAi6QIiuLSf3tsP30KLaH_en4-ZM78837cDX86PSVqY7nu

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Guys just a reminder not to quote pics, as per the title of the thread. It creates clutter and is annoying for those on slow or mobile connections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

Sorry Twee I had forgotten.

Advertisement