Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Zxc01 wrote: »
    I love collection pics, I must try and do one!!

And I love seeing how people store their nail polishes!!
    cant wait to see it! i love seeing all the different polishes people have and its great for finding new colours :D

today i'm only wearing No.7 top coat:
    [Embedded Image Removed]
    trying to grow my nails a bit and this helps to stop me biting them :p
    only paid 1.95 or something for it with the boots voucher. would not pay the full price! its grand as a polish but it takes ages to dry :mad: the brush is pretty crap but its not the worst in the world.

phasers wrote: »
    I posted earlier that I don't understand shatter nail polishes, but I tried the Barry M one in Boots the other day and now I love them! I'm picking some up next week :pac:

I'll probably be posting some pics of my sad, stubby nails earlier because I got a gorgeous grey polish yesterday and I really want to show it off
    :D polish always makes them look nicer! plus we wont judge you :) and now we all want to see the grey :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭caroline72

oh my god,have just found this thread,I am literally SO excited :D going to buy my first shatter nail polish tomo,any recommendations:) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Zxc01

Lol.....I had the same reaction, its a great thread, enjoy.

Dont be like me and spend a fortune on an OPI shatter polish.....get an inexpensive Barry M shatter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

barry-m-nail-paint-bright-red.jpg Not my picture but have this on my nails,First time this year I got to paint them because I have a week off work and I work with food.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Zxc01

Ok Here is my collection.....not organsied by colour ok......
    ry%3D400
    I counted for the first time how many I have.....65!! with so many different reds...have to stop buying reds. also this includes top coats etc....
    For ages I was researching a way to display my nailpolishes in a way that was tidy and that I could see them for choosing a colour. I kept them in boxes which
    was useless untill I bought a packet of 4 crossants in Tesco.....yes crossants and the container the crossants came in is the black container on the left which I am using now and it works a treat. Polishes lie down at an angle and I can get about 40 polishes in one container. I need another one!

ry%3D400
    This is a plastic basket I got in aldi (3 for €1.50, I think) and I store the remainder of my polishes in it, nail polish remover, hand cream etc, and a little tub from Lush for all my nail files!!

ry%3D400
    This is my every day nail polish bag, I like to paint my nails infront of the tv but my other half goes nuts seeing bottles and bits lying about so I keep nail files, cutile cutters, polish remover pads, stickers and my top, base coats, my fast freeze quick dry (great product) and my polish of my choice. I also use this little bag (isa dora makeup bag. got it free with something) when traveling!:)
    ry%3D400
    My all time favouite products above plus any french manicure polishes: China glaze fast freeze quick dry. For day Essence in 66 most wanted, for summer toes nails inc in china town, for winter opi in Lincoln park after dark (my all time fav ) and for going out Kiko in 266 (hate it when they dont name the polish!!:mad:)

ry%3D400
    Polish I hate (but cant throw out any polish)

2true in 008,030,011A

My best tip if your polish is getting thick with age, use a drop of nail polish remover in the polish bottle, give it a good shake and bobs your uncle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

This arrived this morning :D

Eyeko - Chi Chi polish.. For Girlie Nails.
    270613_10150246790557259_833992258_7285960_2159225_n.jpg

Love this!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I was in Dunnes today and Essence have got a matte topcoat! I'm so getting a bottle! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Just purchased on eBay.

Nails Inc Malibu Cosmo

$(KGrHqYOKiYE3k5(W1rWBOC1KDLpeQ~~_12.JPG

Nars Precious Mini Nail Set

3718_lg.jpg

Essie Coat Azure - from ASOS - pic from Google Images

5601673383_62cf7db377.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

^
    Ooh, now I really want that NARS set!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

I got the OPI Katy Perry collection today!! I couldn't find my camera so these are swatches I got online.

2hhksbo.jpgLast Friday Night

opi-teenage-dream-swatch-katy-perry.jpg
    Teenage Dream

opi-the-one-that-got-away.jpg
    The one that got away

opi-not-like-the-movies.jpg
    Not like the movies

This is with the OPI Black Shatter.
    katy-perry-opi-665.jpg
    Sorry I don't know how to resize. Anyone tell me?

Novella wrote: »
    ^
    Ooh, now I really want that NARS set!
    I got it for £10 + £3 shipping.

The seller has another one for sale I think, would you like me to PM you a link to the seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I got it for £10 + £3 shipping.

The seller has another one for sale I think, would you like me to PM you a link to the seller?

I would really like you to... But I think you shouldn't 'cause I have got to stop buying things! :pac: And the next thing I need to buy is that UD Naked Palette! This whole forum is just bad news for me financially!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭corryworry

Sugarbomb wrote: »
    I got the OPI Katy Perry collection today!! I couldn't find my camera so these are swatches I got online.
    Love the Not Like the movies shade! - May have to purchase....
    Today I'm wearing Barry M Mint Green, lovely and bright!
    Must get round to adding a collection photo too, Loving everyone's pics!

Another nailpolish that arrived this morning :)

Eyeko - Saucy Polish.. For Naughty Nails
    268010_10150246942062259_833992258_7287744_7498556_n.jpg

The application was fantastic but as I was excited so it got messy :rolleyes: I'll post up another pic when I wear it again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Great shade of red!

This is OPI Second Honeymoon with Sally Hansen Super Shine.

Without flash
    DSCF0188.jpg

With flash
    DSCF0189.jpg

This was two coats, so it's quite sheer, and was a bit streaky with just one coat. I like it though, neutral enough, but still pink!

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Another nailpolish that arrived this morning :)

Eyeko - Saucy Polish.. For Naughty Nails

The application was fantastic but as I was excited so it got messy :rolleyes: I'll post up another pic when I wear it again.
    love that colour! have you tried the vampira one yet? i really want to get them but i dont know where to buy them safely eg not getting ripped off

musical.x wrote: »
    love that colour! have you tried the vampira one yet? i really want to get them but i dont know where to buy them safely eg not getting ripped off

Hiya :) You can buy them from eyeko.com they are 5 euro each and it's free shipping :D

Also if you spend over 18 euro, enter the Ambassador code E16362 for a free gift :D

I haven't tried that one yet but i'll check it out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Here's all my nail varnishes. :) I had a china glaze leak in my bag, but I think it adds a little bit of colour to my piggy polish! :)

35izpyd.jpg

szv3nt.jpg

a2dtm1.jpg

About to paint my finger and toe nails with Nails Inc Duke Street

Duke%2BStreet%2B2.JPG
    *not my handies! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ciarabarry

that looks amazing!!

thanks :) they are really easy to do and you can use stuff around the house as tools..some great tutorials on youtube :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

About to paint my finger and toe nails with Nails Inc Duke Street

Duke%2BStreet%2B2.JPG
    *not my handies! :)

Wowza, loving this shade. Love it so much that I'm going to buy some right now! Budgeting like crazy this month, but I think I can justify this!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I got bored again. Thumb got chipped sadly.

165988.jpg

Huzzah! wrote: »
    Wowza, loving this shade. Love it so much that I'm going to buy some right now! Budgeting like crazy this month, but I think I can justify this!

Boyfriends mum bought my a load of nails inc for Christmas. She loves it herself! :)

Gah, my camera sucks. Here's the nail polish I'm wearing at the moment nabbed from somebody's blog!

Collection 2000 Hot Looks in Wham
    IMG_4189.JPG

I found it in Boots with a clearance sticker on it, I got it for 1.50! Love it!
    It needs two coats though, the first coat is SO watery and thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

resize3l.jpg

Had these nails for a wedding i went to, went down a storm and have yet to chip!!

The how to for doing these nails (my blog) http://nail-affair.blogspot.com/2011/07/going-to-chapel-and-were-gonna-get.html

Mod edit: Picture resized

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

Eeek sorry for the massive picture!!!

Audrey_L wrote: »
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wN0QhCt2RJc/ThHUwAVu4II/AAAAAAAAAHA/G6hD2stOQUI/s1600/IMG_0769.JPG

Had these nails for a wedding i went to, went down a storm and have yet to chip!!

The how to for doing these nails (my blog) http://nail-affair.blogspot.com/2011/07/going-to-chapel-and-were-gonna-get.html
    :eek: They are GORGEOUS! I'm so jealous.

Going to read your tutorial on doing 'em now :D

Love them AudreyL!

I'm trying them right now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Misguided - Misstaken. Free in this months Cosmopolitan :) Feels like summer holidays

IMAG0415.jpg

IMAG0416.jpg

• Advertisement

Orlee wrote: »
    Misguided - Misstaken. Free in this months Cosmopolitan :) Feels like summer holidays

IMAG0415.jpg

IMAG0416.jpg

I got a misguided nail varnish in Cosmo back in October. It was a gorgeous black colour with a nice gold sheen to it! :) Lovely big bottle too....I kind of want the colours now....but cosmo is ssoooooo expensive!

Advertisement