Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dearly departed....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Dale Winton passed away a few days ago. He wasn't one of my favourite TV presenters but his life was so sad I just thought he should be remembered here anyway.

I understand, no one wants to be in this thread, its too morbid. However. My 'art. Eet eez bro-ken. Charles Aznavour has left us, he was 94. When he sang........I.......melted!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New Home wrote: »

Aw, that's sad. Poor Zippy, George & Bungle will miss him so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Peggy Sue has died.
    Peggy Sue Gerron, the inspiration for Buddy Holly's 1957 hit song, has died in Lubbock, Texas, aged 78.
    While she was the focus of the single, Peggy Sue was in fact in a relationship with Buddy Holly's band mate in The Crickets, Jerry Allison.
    She and Allison would marry in 1958, inspiring Holly's song, Peggy Sue Got Married, released after Holly was killed in a plane crash in 1959.
    Gerron died at the University Medical Center in Lubbock early on Monday.
    Born in Olton, Texas, in 1940, Gerron grew up in Lubbock and went to high school with Holly and Allison.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And now, Montserrat Cabballé. :(

And Ray Galton of Galton & Simpson fame, creators of Steptoe & Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Rip Stan Lee the creator of Spider-Man and so many other comic characters that were such a big part of my boyhood years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

John Wilson RIP, brought fishing to so many youngsters through his Go Fishing programme, passed away aged 75

John Wilson RIP, brought fishing to so many youngsters through his Go Fishing programme, passed away aged 75

He seemed so full of life and fun. R.I.P.

• Advertisement

Sr. Wendy (Beckett) nun and art historian. She seemed to be a great character. R.I.P.

I liked her a lot, she had a mischieovous twinkle in her eye. :) May she rest in peace.

Clive Swift passed away, better known for his part as Richard Bucket, long suffering husband to Hyacinth "Bouquet".

Clive Swift passed away, better known for his part as Richard Bucket, long suffering husband to Hyacinth "Bouquet".

He played the part to perfection.

As someone said on another thread; he kicked the bouquet.

R.I.P.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Aw no, so sad to hear that. Great actor.

It wasn't bucket, it was booo kayyy.... :)

He said that the Richard Bucket part was a curse as it was what most people knew him for though he was a Shakespearian actor and appeared in many other theatre and film productions. He played that part brilliantly though, and yes Richard should have left her years ago!!

To a certain extent it's the same for Patricia Routledge, she's an amazing, amazing dramatic actress and a trained opera singer (IIRC), but the role of Hyacinth will always haunt her.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

To a certain extent it's the same for Patricia Routledge, she's an amazing, amazing dramatic actress and a trained opera singer (IIRC), but the role of Hyacinth will always haunt her.

Her Alan Bennett monologues are beyond fantastic.

Agreed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

R. I. P. Albert Finney star of so many great films

• Advertisement

Ah jeepers... RIP. :(

And Arthur Murphy of RTEs Mailbag. He made it to 90.

Apparently he had a music career, produced by George Martin, under the name of Mark Dwayne.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Ah jeepers... RIP. :(

Sad to hear
    When did Jeepers pass?

Just before creepers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Sad to hear
    When did Jeepers pass?
    not funny
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Rubecula wrote: »
    not funny
    :mad:

Don't be mad Rubecula, no offence meant.......

But it was funny.....:pac:

Gordon Banks, aged 81

I still remember the save from Pele's header

John Haynes, creator of the Haynes car manuals, gone to the great garage in the sky aged 80 - RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

https://www.booktopia.com.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/fdfd.png
    Gotta love a good Haynes manual, probably the only book that accrues in stature when it gets oil-stains on every page.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

The great Swiss actor Bruno Ganz died today. He was 77.

Among his films were The American Friend (1977), Wings of Desire (1987), Faraway, So Close! (1993), and Bread and Tulips (2000). He also played Adolf Hitler in Downfall (2004).

May he rest in peace.

Advertisement