Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

There shall be some serious work done from tomorrow.

Hopefully.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Skinhead Kane

MGMTea wrote: »
    Dunno if any of ye's have seen this http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/education/2012/1002/1224324712122.html

the guy wrote an ebook about how he managed the leaving, it's actually good tbh

*starts hunting torrents*

Halfway through a 40 mark comparative essay............ . .. I think I can make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Halfway through a 40 mark comparative essay............ . .. I think I can make it.
    2 pages into my 70 marker. Teacher says 10 pages.. I don't think I can make it :P

2 pages into my 70 marker. Teacher says 10 pages.. I don't think I can make it :P
    Just finished my 40 marker it's 6 pages!! :O
    Don't think I'd have any problem working my way up to 10 pages for a 70 marker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Just finished my 40 marker it's 6 pages!! :O
    Don't think I'd have any problem working my way up to 10 pages for a 70 marker!

I normally find myself writing too much! :L Take for example my poetry answer which is meant to contain 5 poems.So far I am on my third page and just starting to talk about the second poem :P

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

10 pages? fúck no! i just go by the quality it's wrote at. Say one person has really good material wrote, and it's 3 and a half pages, and another person has 10 pages, half of it sh*t and the other bit ok. Who do you think will get more marks? obviously the guy who had it short and sweet..
    i could never be able to write 10 pages.. that's crazy. I'd write about 4 or 5, and that would be perfect. :p

... not long finished my Irish debate I had to do, took forever, glad I have it over with now though. I just started homework/study TODAY, i feel like I wasted the whole weekend. Went out though and got slightly pissed so it's all good :D

I've just spent the last half an hour watching McFly videos. Do I feel guilty in the slightest? Not one single bit. They're just so damn catchy!!

Ah memories......

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

I've just spent the last half an hour watching McFly videos. Do I feel guilty in the slightest? Not one single bit. They're just so damn catchy!!

Ah memories......

Aah, I love McFly! They're definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. :)

Aah, I love McFly! They're definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. :)
    From my point fo view there's nothing guilty about it. <3<3<3<3 Dougie <3<3<3<3<3<3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

From my point fo view there's nothing guilty about it. <3<3<3<3 Dougie <3<3<3<3<3<3

Haha :) I LOVE Dougie! He is my absolute favourite! Last year when he was on I'm a Celeb, he had me in stitches in front of the TV every night. Do you have a fav song? Mine is Transylvania. :) They haven't been here in aages though so if they come on tour here, I'm going!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SleepAlone

Haven't opened my bag yet lads. Got too drunk at the weekend and only realised today was tuesday at about 6pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Never a wasted weekend.
    I was meant to get work today but I'm now out in the freezing cold redirecting traffic.
    as the fact I'm typing this indicates, I'm not exactly busy and neither is the road

Haha :) I LOVE Dougie! He is my absolute favourite! Last year when he was on I'm a Celeb, he had me in stitches in front of the TV every night. Do you have a fav song? Mine is Transylvania. :) They haven't been here in aages though so if they come on tour here, I'm going!
    I don't think I could pick a favourite. I actually love so many of them Transylvania, Obvioisly, Do Ya, All About You, One For The Radio and a load of other ones tha I only remember the tune to. I've only heard their new one once and I love it too already.

Don't cause any traffic pile ups now Colm! Should I ask why you're directing traffic? You haven't been an undercover guard this whole time have you! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Anyone doing anything tonight for Halloween?

My dad's in construction, some road works and they need someone to work on low pay signalling people to not crash into things.
    So far successful but there's a serious wind and I'm still dying of cold under all these layers. Rain didn't help either.

No fatalities yet, be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Possibly going (=crashing, all the same really!) to a party tonight, if that falls through I'll probably do the best night of study ever cause I'll be avoiding all the neighbours and young children downstairs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Just doing my maths homework that was assigned to us to do by way of revision during the week. Doing a differentation question now and failing epically to remember how to do it( we did it as our 1st topic september of 5th year.) So if any of ye math fiends could jog my memory as to how to do this question that would be great, thanks in advance :

The speed, v, of an object at time t is given by :

v = 96 + 40t - 4t²

where t is in seconds and v is in metres per seconds

At what times will the speed of the object be 96 metres be 96 m/s?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

if theres one thing ill have learnt this midterm it's that sráith pictúir are the hardest thing possible to learn:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

0mega wrote: »
    Anyone doing anything tonight for Halloween?
    Not much tbh..Just heading to my friends for a few drinks :L Have an 18th on Saturday so.. :D
    if theres one thing ill have learnt this midterm it's that sráith pictúir are the hardest thing possible to learn:mad:
    I find this years ones a lot harder than last years! :/ Just harder to talk about really..A lot of pictures with not a whole lot going on :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

buyer95 wrote: »
    Just doing my maths homework that was assigned to us to do by way of revision during the week. Doing a differentation question now and failing epically to remember how to do it( we did it as our 1st topic september of 5th year.) So if any of ye math fiends could jog my memory as to how to do this question that would be great, thanks in advance :

The speed, v, of an object at time t is given by :

v = 96 + 40t - 4t²

where t is in seconds and v is in metres per seconds

At what times will the speed of the object be 96 metres be 96 m/s?

Put 96 in for v anyway, should cancel out the other 96 and you'll be left with 40t - 4t² = 0. Not exactly sure how it would go from there, I think you factorise and get:

t(40-4t) = 0
    t = 0 seconds

40-4t = 0
    4t = 40
    t = 10 seconds

Obviously it can't be 96 m/s at 0 seconds so the answer is 10... I could be wrong but thats my attempt at it! :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Uhhh Ill look back on this as being a great midterm but Ill also look back and remember I didnt do a tap.
    Ive done the teeniest little bit but I dont have much time over the next few days to even do more.
    Gonna be a stressful Sunday, I can feeeeel it >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Worst.mid-term.ever :(

Did 6 hours today to make up for only doing 2 yesterday. Really annoyed that teachers put off the exams until after midterm so they wouldn't have to correct over it.

So much to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

No festivities tonight, party at the weekend though so that'll keep me going! Ah lawds, I've done NOTHING this week. I've been so so busy apart from Sunday, and errr we just won't discuss how I spent my Sunday. Busy all weekend too so I just have tomorrow and most of Friday to do everything ever. Ugh, be grand...I definitely could be utilising my time better though. I always know the LC's getting to me when I have one of my occasional I NEED TO QUIT MY JOB NOOOOOOOOOOW OR I'LL BE STUCK THERE FOREVER phases.

Can't study all the time lads. You just can't.

I make no sense.

I still have that RIDICULOUS number of Business questions to get done. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow. But I planned to do it today.

Also lads anyone looking for career advice I can tell ya that the life of a traffic guard must be absolute hell. That said I was gettin' money all day. Cash Rules Everything Around Me, yo'

seriously though I've been so long out in the cold that my warm house is now making me uncomfortably hot. definition of first world problem right there.

Sitting in the sitting room with no lights on except the tv and the candle in the pumpkin. A sure fire way to deter trick-or-treaters. Any that do come we just ignore, out of the whole 1 group that has come so far.............the good thing about living in a single row of houses and not an estate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Quiet down fireworks/barking dogs, I'm trying to study here!

(Good God what has my life come to)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭moriz

Reading that 'How to exceed your expectations' book now. Getting motivated :D

Anyone any idea what kind of questions they might ask in a River Island interview for a part-time job?:/ It says its a recruitment event so I'm suspecting it to be a group interview.. Any tips for interviews in general? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

curly135 wrote: »
    Put 96 in for v anyway, should cancel out the other 96 and you'll be left with 40t - 4t² = 0. Not exactly sure how it would go from there, I think you factorise and get:

t(40-4t) = 0
    t = 0 seconds

40-4t = 0
    4t = 40
    t = 10 seconds

Obviously it can't be 96 m/s at 0 seconds so the answer is 10... I could be wrong but thats my attempt at it! :p

It's a differentiation question so you differentiate.
    deise_girl wrote: »
    Uhhh Ill look back on this as being a great midterm but Ill also look back and remember I didnt do a tap.
    Ive done the teeniest little bit but I dont have much time over the next few days to even do more.
    Gonna be a stressful Sunday, I can feeeeel it >.<

Relax the cacks, it's only midterm.
    kevin12345 wrote: »
    Worst.mid-term.ever :(

Did 6 hours today to make up for only doing 2 yesterday. Really annoyed that teachers put off the exams until after midterm so they wouldn't have to correct over it.

So much to do!

Slow Show wrote: »
    Ah lawds, I've done NOTHING this week. I've been so so busy apart from Sunday, and errr we just won't discuss how I spent my Sunday. Busy all weekend too so I just have tomorrow and most of Friday to do everything ever. Ugh, be grand...I definitely could be utilising my time better though. I always know the LC's getting to me when I have one of my occasional I NEED TO QUIT MY JOB NOOOOOOOOOOW OR I'LL BE STUCK THERE FOREVER phases.

Can't study all the time lads. You just can't.

I make no sense.

Quiet down fireworks/barking dogs, I'm trying to study here!

(Good God what has my life come to)

Conclusion: would ye all feckin relax? :pac: Leaving Cert is not as challenging as it's made out to be. As long as you're doing all the homework and understanding material you're fine. Start studying a bit during XMas hols, then when you go back gradually start picking up pace. Take it relatively easy now cos you're in for a hectic few months after New Year. Mocks, Orals, Practicals.
    Also, DON'T measure study in terms of hours done, measure it in terms of work done e.g. you've revised a whole chapter, grand, you're done for today, LEAVE IT. Even if you only studied for 30 mins. Time is not your benchmark, work done is. Don't forget to treat yourself for productive study done!

Source: myself. I did 8 subjects, got the highest points in my school by a mile and won a bursary. Did I sound like a bragging douchebag? Yes, I just did. Why did I say it? So that you'll listen and take heed. Don't burn yourselves out. Enjoy the rest of 2012 and all that's in it. Cos next year the 'fun' starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone know any sites that will help me to get my ,Circle geometry and Logarithms back on track

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement