Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

subz3r0 wrote: »
    It's a differentiation question so you differentiate.

Nope. It says the formula gives the speed after t seconds, so it's already there, no need to differentiate. If it was asking for acceleration then you'd differentiate, but its asking for speed, so you've got the equation right there. And if you pop in 10 for t like I got, it ends up as 96, which was what the question asked :pac:

Bit of a weird one really, usually it gives the equation for the distance and f '(x) is the speed... dunno why it gives it straight away here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

So how was everyone's Halloween night, I went out to a house party didn't get home until 4, has to be said 'twas a great night!

Also got a fair amount done with regards to study today considering I'm running on about 6hrs of sleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Am I the only person finding it hard to fit time for study? My homework takes me ages.. This week has been a disaster study-wise for other reasons -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Am I the only person finding it hard to fit time for study? My homework takes me ages.. This week has been a disaster study-wise for other reasons -_-
    Yes! I genuinely don't have the time with all the homework!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I haven't studied since Monday and I'm going out all day tomorrow. Argh..

• Advertisement

Yes! I genuinely don't have the time with all the homework!

So I'm not the only one haha :) The teachers expect too much of us I'm afraid..

0mega wrote: »
    I haven't studied since Monday and I'm going out all day tomorrow. Argh..
    Ugh, it just doesn't get easier does it :(

I went out last Friday, drank Tequila for the first time and then fainted in a cubicle in the bathroom. I recovered by Monday just in time to welcome my friends who only left yesterday. And I've got a test on all of Regional Geography on Monday which is roughly 25% of the course. :eek:

Does anyone know what the questions for the French document are? My teacher said there are 3 questions you can be asked but she didn't actually tell us. Also, does anyone have any advice for it? Like how long should it be? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Does anyone know what the questions for the French document are? My teacher said there are 3 questions you can be asked but she didn't actually tell us. Also, does anyone have any advice for it? Like how long should it be? Thanks.

From my understanding they can ask you anything based on what they see.

I'm working on mine at the moment too. What are you doing yours on?

decisions wrote: »

From my understanding they can ask you anything based on what they see.

I'm working on mine at the moment too. What are you doing yours on?
    Oh right, thank you! I don't want to say why exactly it is because it could give away quite a lot about me but it's one of my hobbies (no one else in my school does this hobby so it might be a bit different). I was just going I talk about it, why I love it, benefits etc and basically anything that comes along with it but my teacher says I need to bring something else into it like compare it to something else :/ I don't think I want to though do I'll probably just leave it at that. She not a very good teacher anyway. What are you doing yours on? I've no idea where to start :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Some of you have already began studying your document? Are you just early or is my teacher late? She hasn't even talked about our oral yet! :eek:

Some of you have already began studying your document? Are you just early or is my teacher late? She hasn't even talked about our oral yet! :eek:
    We were meant to do it in 5th year apparently but we just never did. My teacher isn't very good, doesn't correct things, makes loads of mistakes etc so I suppose she probably wants it out of the way so she doesn't have to correct it or do much more work on it. According to her we've finished our oral preparation.. And most of the class can't even string one sentence together!
    Don't worry though you have loads of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

we haven't started our document either, the teacher talked about it and said we'll start it after Mid-term .. Most of the work will be done for homework, and then the teacher corrects it so it won't take too long.. I had planned to start my document during the mid term.... Haven't yet. May attempt at it today though! I'm going to do mine on either a French poster about racism, or a French poster about drink-driving. :)

..btw iLikePiano99, the only thing my teacher has been doing really since the start of 5th year is oral.. :L Every class she talks about topics we did the previous day and we have to say stuff about them like for example about the problems of alcohol, she'll ask everyone in the class to translate one sentence from English to French, orally.. I feel really prepared for the French oral, not so much the Irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

We had to hand up our docummemt on its own at the start of October and then our teacher gave it back to us with individual lists of questions which we had to prepare and hand up before mid term. So all we've got to do is get back the corrections and learn it. We have most other stuff prepared, some of it just needs to be developed and all of it needs to be learned. If I can manage that I should be okay......then there's pronunciation which is a whole other kettle of fish.......

I'm also doing mine on a bit of a niche hobby. My teacher said it could be brilliant but I'm not sure if I have the French to pull it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

then there's pronunciation which is a whole other kettle of fish.......

I'm hoping for the full or almost 20 marks for pronunciation. I'm able to pronounce it perfectly I think, maybe a few words a bit iffy but grand :P I think it's because I listen to so much foreign songs (not only French, Spanish/Italian etc) and I picked it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Yeah we haven't even talked about our document yet, I really don't have a clue what to do it on. Our orals are very late this year though so I suppose there's plenty of time. I think I'll be OK on the actual content of my oral but my pronunciation is woeful. Getting there though....:p

I just did out an accounting Q1 and a tiny mistake prevented it from balancing so I feel good about life. :)

Slow Show wrote: »
    Yeah we haven't even talked about our document yet, I really don't have a clue what to do it on. Our orals are very late this year though so I suppose there's plenty of time. I think I'll be OK on the actual content of my oral but my pronunciation is woeful. Getting there though....:p

I just did out an accounting Q1 and a tiny mistake prevented it from balancing so I feel good about life. :)
    The moment of joy when you're accounting balances :')

Struggling with what to write here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

We have our document essentially done, mines a picture of when we went to Paris while on a French exchange. :)

I absolutely adore speaking French, my pronounciation is fairly good and I can speak fairly flowingly also ever since I did the French exchange. The written pieces are where I fall down in though, I'm just so lazy about making sure I've the grammar right :L

Google.fr :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭moriz

I'm starting my French project next week. No clue as to what I'm doing it on.. do I ever have a clue about anything?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Anyone know any sites that will help me to get my ,Circle geometry and Logarithms back on track

Try Khan Academy

http://www.khanacademy.org/

Just click on "Practice your maths skills" and use the search function at the top of the page :)

Some really good tutorial videos there!

The 5th year thread has more posts than us :( and this was our 5th year one aswell!

The 5th year thread has more posts than us :( and this was our 5th year one aswell!
    That's because we are all studying.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I'm also doing mine on a bit of a niche hobby. My teacher said it could be brilliant but I'm not sure if I have the French to pull it off.
    Sounds interesting. What's the hobby do you mind me asking?

Jackobyte wrote: »

Parkour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Parkour.

...that's works pretty damn well actually. Sadly my interests are nowhere near as fun... or French.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I did my French document on French and Irish foods and just talked about the different foods in the pictures and the I did my abstract topic on the differences between Ireland and France :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I like 6th year.
    But I hate the whole working part of 6th year. Hard life is hard.
    Gonna find something real interesting to tie my document into too.. I swear ill find something intersting though.
    Our teacher hasnt even mentioned it yet..

• Advertisement

Jackobyte wrote: »
    What black hole did you reappear out of? Haven't seen you post in weeks.
    :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement