Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Dorie wrote: »
    i sent the form away on the 16 of july recieved no confirmation txt or anything really worried now i barely got my girls uniforms still have to pay for book rentals school insurance etc im sick to death waiting:confused::confused::confused::mad:

I sent mine on 15th, rang today and was told it has been awarded and will be in my account tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dorie

just rang the 1890 numnber the lady said it should be in the post office nextweek i hope so fingers crossed thanks for all the help everyone its nice to know theres people on here that you can talk too

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dorie wrote: »
    i sent the form away on the 16 of july recieved no confirmation txt or anything really worried now i barely got my girls uniforms still have to pay for book rentals school insurance etc im sick to death waiting:confused::confused::confused::mad:

Hi, I sent mine on the 15th and didnt recieve a confirmation txt, I dont think many people did. I phoned just now and the lady told me that it was recieved on the 21st and that they are dealing with applications recieved on the 20th. She said that it wud probably be next week when i recieve it. I wud advise u to ring just to make sure they have your form, its better to know than worrying about it thats why I phoned. |Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

lorflem wrote: »
    Hi, I sent mine on the 15th and didnt recieve a confirmation txt, I dont think many people did. I phoned just now and the lady told me that it was recieved on the 21st and that they are dealing with applications recieved on the 20th. She said that it wud probably be next week when i recieve it. I wud advise u to ring just to make sure they have your form, its better to know than worrying about it thats why I phoned. |Hope that helps

Sorry only just your post after i put this on. Thats great, hopefully everyone elses will be sorted out soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

My application was received on the 20th of July. Got a letter seeking confirmation from my employer that I'm not being paid while on maternity. I've requested the letter and should have it sent back in the next day or two. Not sure if I'll then be put to the bottom of the list or whether they'll deal with it when they receive it. It's a little frustrating to be honest as I would have filled in the income from employment section of the form if I was being paid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gerryandliza

Tried phoning the 1890 number again this morning, its not working again :eek: :mad:Phoned 071 9157100 and spoke to a lady there who told us that they are now busy with applications received on the 21 July. She reckoned that there were 2000 applications received per day at that time and that they are processing about 1200 per day at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I think they are about 8 weeks behind the current date . If you have any worries give them a ring they seem ok to talk to

Hopefully after the volume of applications received this year, they'll be more prepared next year. No doubt the budget will push even more people below the limit for the scheme so there will be a lot more applications next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mabsme1

Anyone know what date they r on now? my application was recieved Augs 3rd so i suppose i will be waiting a while longer.

mabsme1 wrote: »
    Anyone know what date they r on now? my application was recieved Augs 3rd so i suppose i will be waiting a while longer.

They were busy with applications received on the 21st July on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 kaydensmummy

i rang this morning and on the info part it says there working on the 25th but when i spoke to someone they said there on the 21st and that i would be waiting about another week to 10 days they said they recieved mine on the 25th july ......heres hoping for next week

I received a letter last week from them looking for a letter from my employer. I sent this to them on Thursday last and telephoned this morning to make sure they received it. I was told today that if it has been received (which they couldn't confirm) that it will be at least another couple of weeks before it gets processed. So looks like anybody who has to provide extra information gets put to the bottom of the list :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mabsme1

Thats terrible Egan, I just hope my application is all in order as i really need this money soon, to pay off bills, money that i used to send the kids back to school cant cope with this worry much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

My application was received 22nd July, got the payment to my account today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭jayjayxxx

My application was received 22nd July, got the payment to my account today.

mine was recieved same day... are you due payment in post office 2day? my payment was in yesterday but no btsa... is it worth checking?

Just phoned the line again and was told they are processing forms received on the 27th July. Was told that my payment would be in my bank account tomorrow. :D I am so relieved! I hope everyone is sorted out soon. This stress we have all gone through is terrible, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Just phoned the line again and was told they are processing forms received on the 27th July. Was told that my payment would be in my bank account tomorrow. :D I am so relieved! I hope everyone is sorted out soon. This stress we have all gone through is terrible, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

do you know when your form was recieved?

jayjayxxx wrote: »
    do you know when your form was recieved?

The received my form on the 26th of July.

The received my form on the 26th of July.

they said my form was recieved 22nd going to have to ring them again tomorrow see what's happening..

they said my form was recieved 22nd going to have to ring them again tomorrow see what's happening..

I would give them a buzz first thing in the morning, if you haven't received your money yet then it could mean that they want additional info or something. Good luck and let us know.

• Advertisement

I would give them a buzz first thing in the morning, if you haven't received your money yet then it could mean that they want additional info or something. Good luck and let us know.

i will... God i hope i don't need to send them more info... i'll post tomorrow after i ring....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

what num do i ring to find out weather ive been approved or not im not sure of exact date i sent off my application think it was early july and still have not heard or received anything??

shamrock55 wrote: »
    what num do i ring to find out weather ive been approved or not im not sure of exact date i sent off my application think it was early july and still have not heard or received anything??

1890 66 22 44 don't press any keys wait and it will ring and get you through to someone otherwise you get automated voice telling you what date there dealing with.

1890 66 22 44 don't press any keys wait and it will ring and get you through to someone otherwise you get automated voice telling you what date there dealing with.

Just something to note - if you're on bill pay with your mobile phone and you have free minutes to landline numbers, the 1890 is not classed as a landline (with Vodafone, don't know about other networks). I checked my bill on line and have been charged almost 6 euro for a 25 minute phonecall to them last week - and I didn't even manage to get to speak to someone as I was on hold all the time and eventually just hung up. So if this applies to you, ring them on 071 9193313.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

thanks for that guys;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kaydensmummy

hi all just to let u know i rang on monday was told it would be a week to ten days but checked my bank this morning and it was there they recieved my application on the 25th july im delighted couldnt be better timing i was panicking about my sons bday next week every penny i had had gone onto the school stuff :) hope everyone gets theres soon !

Got mine in my bank account this morning. So glad that it is done! :D I hope everyone else gets theirs real soon.

got mine in post office 2day....

got mine in post office 2day....

Yay! So glad for you. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

They say they didn't get mine until 23rd August!!!! And i'll prob have to appeal/review because i'm just over the limit (although I sent all extra documentation they could ever need with the first application on the off chance!)

It'll be Christmas at this stage by the time I get processed....if I even get it!

Advertisement