Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stanley Cup Finals 2011 Canucks vs Bruins

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

rismak7 wrote: »
    I disagree with your assessment. Max and Charra had priors before this incident and while I don't think Charra wanted to hurt him as bad as he did, I think he wanted to get revenge on Max. I don't buy the design of the rink argument either. Charra should have been aware of where he was on the rink and had the common sense to realise that since he's bigger than most players in the league, there is a much greater chance of him seriously hurting someone if he's not careful.

By the way, there was a penalty called for the hit and Charra did get a game misconduct for it as well.

The day that happens the NHL might as well close it doors. The reason that he has won a Norris Trophy is directly in part to his size. NHL players are getting bigger and bigger every season. That rationale is (sorry to say) ridiculous.

I am not a Boston Bruins fan (outside of this seasons Finals). I have no interest in either team. I saw no malice in that hit. It was unfortunate for the Canadiens, but it happened.

You were absolutely correct that there was a penalty and a misconduct on the play. He was late coming in, so I could see it as an interference call, but I didn't see the need for a misconduct.

This area of the arena is going to be redesigned in the off-season because of this injury. As a matter of fact when the Canadiens players returned to the arena after a road trip they were upset that this had not already been corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 rismak7

The day that happens the NHL might as well close it doors. The reason that he has won a Norris Trophy is directly in part to his size. NHL players are getting bigger and bigger every season. That rationale is (sorry to say) ridiculous.

There's nothing ridiculous about expecting a player to be aware of what's around him while he's on the ice and to expect him to hit other players in a sensible fashion. The last thing I want to see in the NHL is a player die on the ice because of some awful hit.

I'm not doubting Charra is a good player either, I just think he just could have done better with that hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfZNJHK3J5o

Speaking of massive hits, this one from game 3 is up there with the biggest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

This is how you celebrate a Stanley Cup

bar_tab_bruins.jpg
    included the now-famous $100,000.00 bottle of Ace of Spades "Midas" champagne

Shrine owners Ed Kane, Joe Kane, and Randy Greenstein hand-delivered the 30-liter "Midas" bottle, which is one of six in existence. The bottle was double the size of the 15-liter Ace of Spades brut that Mavericks owner Mark Cuban purchased for his team after its NBA championship just one week ago.

Ha Mark Cuban you cheapskate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Advertisement