Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stanley Cup Finals 2011 Canucks vs Bruins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

SantryRed wrote: »
    ANyone got a link for tonight? Not at home so can't watch it on sky.

Good Veetle stream here: http://www.kiiwii.co.uk/

More here: http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=120426&part=sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

An Citeog wrote: »

Savage Veetle stream there! Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭StevoTG

Bergeron has Boston 1-0 up. Currently 3:14 to go in the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Bruins 2-0 up in the second. Marchand with the goal. Big PP coming up for Vancouver now.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭pmurphy00

3-0 over..
    canucks look out of ideas imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

3-0 at the end of the second. Over the moon here. Just need to shut this game down now and defend defend defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭StevoTG

Vancouver don't look like beating Thomas once, let alone 3 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Well, that sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

tolosenc wrote: »
    Well, that sucked.

i happened to think it was AWESOME!!!!!!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

bruins.415.tx.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Riots in downtown Vancouver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jun/16/vancouver-canucks-fans-riot-stanley-cup

Yeah congratulations to the Boston Bruins as Stanley cup champions. They swept my Flyers in the eastern semi finals and Tim Thomas was quality especially in game two of that series. So I wasnt surprised to see him get the Conn Smythe trophy. Didnt see all the Finals games but looking at Thomas stats he was unbelievable in the games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Recorded this last night and plan on watching it when I go home. Really wanted the Canucks to win for personal reasons but after watching the series progress I just felt that the Bruins would win it. Granted I didn't expect it to be as easy as the scoreline suggests!

The games in TD Gardens were embarrassing from a Canucks perspective and completely out of context with their performance on the road throughout the rest of the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Riots in downtown Vancouver.

Here I was thinking the Canadians were a civilised bunch!

703_9767_web_8column.jpg

703_9778_web_8column.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/06/15/bc-stanley-cup-fans-post-game-7.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Gutted for Vancouver. The city deserves a cup after years of dedicated support (obviously those d1ckheads who started the riots don't deserve a Stanley Cup win). But Boston were the best side on the night, and in the series. Tim Thomas was an absolute wall. Patrick Roy-esque.

So the last 2 seasons has seen some long droughts ended. Chicago last year ended a 49 year wait for the cup, and now Boston end 39 years of waiting. Any chance that my Sabres can not only end their long wait for a first cup, but also give the wonderful city of Buffalo a first title in ANY of the big 4 sports leagues? I'll keep hoping but very unlikey :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

04072511 wrote: »
    Gutted for Vancouver. The city deserves a cup after years of dedicated support (obviously those d1ckheads who started the riots don't deserve a Stanley Cup win). But Boston were the best side on the night, and in the series. Tim Thomas was an absolute wall. Patrick Roy-esque.

So the last 2 seasons has seen some long droughts ended. Chicago last year ended a 49 year wait for the cup, and now Boston end 39 years of waiting. Any chance that my Sabres can not only end their long wait for a first cup, but also give the wonderful city of Buffalo a first title in ANY of the big 4 sports leagues? I'll keep hoping but very unlikey :(

Buffalo has been snake bit for too long. They have bee so close, so many times you have to scratch your head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭melb

Don't be ridiculous. The way those "fans" from Van are acting now they don't deserve anything.

melb wrote: »
    Don't be ridiculous. The way those "fans" from Van are acting now they don't deserve anything.

Hardly fair on the majority who support their team with pride and class.

In any case here's a video:

Buffalo has been snake bit for too long. They have bee so close, so many times you have to scratch your head.

CURSED!

The city is absolutely cursed. Some of the most ridiculous moments in US sport is centred around Buffalo.

1) Wide Right - trailing by a point with 8 seconds remaining in the Superbowl against NY Giants. Field goal attempt. Hasn't missed a kick all year, and he puts the thing wide right.

2) Only team in NFL history to reach FOUR Superbowls in a row........... and lose all four!!

3) NO GOAL - In triple overtime in Game 6 of the 1999 Stanley Cup Final in Buffalo against Dallas, Brett Hull scores a goal that was illegal at the time, but it was given by the officials, which immediately ended the series.

4) Music City Miracle - Bills leading the Titans in a playoff game with seconds remaining, and the ball deep in Titans territory, and the Bills somehow manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.... again.

But on the plus side there is...

5) The Comeback - The Bills trailed by 32 points in the 3rd quarter of a playoff game against the Hoston Oilers and came back and won by 3 in OT.

So no cups for Buffalo, but lots of crazy stories.

• Advertisement

5) The Comeback - The Bills trailed by 32 points in the 3rd quarter of a playoff game against the Hoston Oilers and came back and won by 3 in OT.

The 'Frank Reich' game. This was the end of the Run and Shoot offense as well as the entire Houston coaching staff. Epic comeback.

NEARLY 150 INJURED, SOME SERIOUSLY, IN VANCOUVER RIOT

VANCOUVER -- As hospitals tended to almost 150 injured in Vancouver's hockey riots, dawn broke with dozens of volunteers patrolling the city's entertainment strip, picking up debris and garbage.

Al Cyrenne carried his broom downtown as he made his way downtown on the Canada Line.

"I'm all choked up," he said, as he surveyed broken windows and debris on a downtown street.

"I can't believe the scene. Just talking about it bring me to tears. I can't believe the people of Vancouver would do this.

Stay classy Vancouver !! j/k lol

While I have no love for the Canucks or their fans, my thoughts go out to the people who were injured by these clowns. It's a shame that these idiots are going to give the entire city a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Stay classy Vancouver !! LOL

This was my favourite article about the Vancouver Canucks......ever.

Smacks of jealousy and sour grapes. Would have been so much better if we'd just swept in Game 4 and saved everyone the hassle of thinking for a second that the Hawks were anything more than a mediocre team that fluked its way into the playoffs...
    melb wrote: »

If you think those morons are representative of Canucks fans or the people of BC, then you are sadly mistaken. The scum exploited the large crowd as cover to cause the trouble they did. They were organised, and this was premeditated, win or lose.

Seeing the scenes from downtown last night hurts more than losing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭cena

Too cap it all off. watch this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBSHbxfUPdQ

tolosenc wrote: »
    Smacks of jealousy and sour grapes. Would have been so much better if we'd just swept in Game 4 and saved everyone the hassle of thinking for a second that the Hawks were anything more than a mediocre team that fluked its way into the playoffs

Funny. It took you seven games to beat a team that was half as good as they were the year before.

The Canucks were a fluke. They won the Presidents Trophy because they play in the worst division in hockey. Any half decent team playing Colorado, Edmonton, Minnesota and Calgary 24 times per season is going to put up huge numbers.

Vancouver now has an anchor around their neck in the form of the most over-paid, over-hyped and under-achieving goaltender in the NHL in Luongo. He has a porcelain spine and will never be an elite goaltender. The Canucks achieved in spite of him, not because of him. Just like Team Canada in the 2010 Olympics.

With the exception of Kesler, and possibly Bieksa, Vancouver is soul-less. A bunch of soft, whining cheap shot artists who should be diving for Diving Plongeon Canada

The true colours of the Vancouver players, organisation and faithful were on display for the world to see. This was this team's one shot at immortality and they came up lacking ....again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Funny. It took you seven games to beat a team that was half as good as they were the year before.

The Canucks were a fluke. They won the Presidents Trophy because they play in the worst division in hockey. Any half decent team playing Colorado, Edmonton, Minnesota and Calgary 24 times per season is going to put up huge numbers.

Vancouver now has an anchor around their neck in the form of the most over-paid, over-hyped and under-achieving goaltender in the NHL in Luongo. He has a porcelain spine and will never be an elite goaltender. The Canucks achieved in spite of him, not because of him. Just like Team Canada in the 2010 Olympics.

With the exception of Kesler, and possibly Bieksa, Vancouver is soul-less. A bunch of soft, whining cheap shot artists who should be diving for Diving Plongeon Canada

The true colours of the Vancouver players, organisation and faithful were on display for the world to see. This was this team's one shot at immortality and they came up lacking ....again.

Not a Canucks fan I'm guessing! :) Watched the game last night when I went home and they were gutless. No passion, no fight, the Bruins were never going to lose that game. I said in my post yesterday that the scoreline made it look like an easy victory for the Bruins and it was too easy. Another goal or 2 wouldn't have been unjust. The game was over by the start of the 3rd period.

COYW wrote: »
    Not a Canucks fan I'm guessing! :) Watched the game last night when I went home and they were gutless. No passion, no fight, the Bruins were never going to lose that game. I said in my post yesterday that the scoreline made it look like an easy victory for the Bruins and it was too easy. Another goal or 2 wouldn't have been unjust. The game was over by the start of the 3rd period.

First of all, let me say (as I have in the past), that Vancouver is a very talented team. I don't think anyone can deny them that. My issue is the constant crying and whining about the officials and the NHL front office conspiring against them. Then you watch the team and you have gutless little pukes like Burrows biting, diving, pulling hair. There is very little 'honour' amongst the Canucks.

I do like Ryan Kesler. I think his a warrior in every respect. He is everything that the higher priced talent on the Canucks should aspire to be. He never quits and battles every shift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 rismak7

If you think the Canucks names would have dishonored the Stanley Cup, you'd be hard pressed to argue Charra's name doesn't do likewise after that horrible hit on Max Pacioretty back in March.

rismak7 wrote: »
    If you think the Canucks names would have dishonored the Stanley Cup, you'd be hard pressed to argue Charra's name doesn't do likewise after that horrible hit on Max Pacioretty back in March.

I have no problem with the Chara hit. I have watched it dozens of times and there was ZERO malice intended and there was not a penalty or suspension called on the play.

While I feel for Pacioretty, he got caught in a bad place. The design of the benches/partitions are in the process of being re-designed because of this accident.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 rismak7

I have no problem with the Chara hit. I have watched it dozens of times and there was ZERO malice intended and there was not a penalty or suspension called on the play.

While I feel for Pacioretty, he got caught in a bad place. The design of the benches/partitions are in the process of being re-designed because of this accident.

I disagree with your assessment. Max and Charra had priors before this incident and while I don't think Charra wanted to hurt him as bad as he did, I think he wanted to get revenge on Max. I don't buy the design of the rink argument either. Charra should have been aware of where he was on the rink and had the common sense to realise that since he's bigger than most players in the league, there is a much greater chance of him seriously hurting someone if he's not careful.

By the way, there was a penalty called for the hit and Charra did get a game misconduct for it as well.

Advertisement