Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stanley Cup Finals 2011 Canucks vs Bruins

Options
  • 31-05-2011 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey Everyone

I just moved here from Vancouver and was wondering if anyone knew where I could go to watch the Canucks whip the Bruins ? Or if there were other Canuck fans in the city who wanted to get together to watch the games online?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

You can watch on regular tv if you have Sky and add the ESPN package (it's usually the CBC feed). I'm afraid I wouldn't know which pubs might show it as I always watch at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭fred252

It'll be on ESPN America.

I'd say the woolshed would be your best bet but you should call them to find out.

I'd be looking to watch it myself but I'm off on holidays this weekend for 2 weeks.

Go Canucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

fred252 wrote: »
    It'll be on ESPN America.

I'd say the woolshed would be your best bet but you should call them to find out.

I'd be looking to watch it myself but I'm off on holidays this weekend for 2 weeks.

Go Canucks!

Great start to the series;

how van held out for that 1st 4 minute powerplay i dont know.

A million miles an hour this game is started at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 HabsForever

Forget the Woolshed. On a *saturday night* they close at 1AM, which is exactly when the puck drops. Not very impressed, as I was told Dublin was apparently a vibrant multicultural metropolis that never sleeps :P

Your best bet is trying to catch it on ESPN America, though it could very well be the intensely annoying and homer NESN feed and not the CBC (or worse: NBC), or finding it on http://www.myp2p.eu

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Don't worry, the usually the only time they use the NBC feed is a Sunday afternoon game- I've noticed that it's usually CBC, especially when there's a Canadian team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

gerire wrote: »
    Great start to the series;

how van held out for that 1st 4 minute powerplay i dont know.

A million miles an hour this game is started at.

That was a great opening game. It had everything from great scoring chances, solid hits, a few fracases, and even that biting incident.

Not a huge Hockey fan by any means but for some reason I always do enjoy watching the Stanley Cup. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Burrows is such a little ****. I really hope someone buries him in this series.

Burrows is such a little ****. I really hope someone buries him in this series.

The fact he wasn't suspended for that is an utter disgrace.

Shame last nights blowout win by the Bruins was overshadowed by Rome's dirty hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Shame last nights blowout win by the Bruins was overshadowed by Rome's dirty hit.

It was late, but it wasnt really that bad, it was more his head hitting the ice rather than the hit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

TechnoPool wrote: »
    It was late, but it wasnt really that bad, it was more his head hitting the ice rather than the hit

Think you're right there, not the cleanest hit but Horton really should've been more aware.

What an enthralling match though, so intense and so passionate. And wow did the Bruins ever come to life???

Hope this series goes the distance, it has been very watchable so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Hey Everyone

I just moved here from Vancouver and was wondering if anyone knew where I could go to watch the Canucks whip the Bruins ? Or if there were other Canuck fans in the city who wanted to get together to watch the games online?

Cheers

Welcome to Boards, and welcome to Ireland. Where abouts are you based? I wouldn't mind meeting up with a few people from here if this went to a Game 7... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Think you're right there, not the cleanest hit but Horton really should've been more aware.

What an enthralling match though, so intense and so passionate. And wow did the Bruins ever come to life???

Hope this series goes the distance, it has been very watchable so far.

I think the 4-game suspension for Rome was right, it was late, into Horton's head and his skates left the ice. I don't think the hit was malicous just trying to play hard.

I think its BS to say Horton should be more aware. It was a late hit, how long does he have to be aware for?

Its like saying, if driving i'm my car, the road lights just go red and the pedestrian lights go green, i drive tru the red while a pedestrian whos texting while crossing is not aware i'm going tru the red light...its the pedestrian's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Tim Thomas is a bloody hero. Tomorrow nights game in Vancouver should be something else. Possibility of lifting the Stanley Cup in Boston is not lost on the players I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭cena

were ye all watching this. I'v just watched game 3 highlights on youtube. I'm missing all the fun.

cena wrote: »
    were ye all watching this. I'v just watched game 3 highlights on youtube. I'm missing all the fun.

ESPN America.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭cena

I don't have that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Looking forward to this game tonight, beers in the fridge & a pizza in the oven - come on Boston!

We're two periods into Game Five as I type this.

Boston is a true NHL team worthy of being in the Finals.

Vancouver are the most naturally talented team in the NHL this season, but don't deserve to be here with these antics. Burrows fishing for penalties on faceoffs, Lapierre over-embellishing a tap. They're both gutless.

It's a shame that the rest of the NHL have to watch this **** in an NHL final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Enjoyed that game. Well done Vancouver. Luongo answered all his critics. Form is temprary, class is permanent, as they say. Fingers crossed this will go to 7, as I have the day off work for Game 7 :D. I'll miss Game 6, and will have to listen on the NHL radio when at work :(

• Advertisement

We're going the distance.:D

Interestingly I think the Bruins are actually more capable of stealing a game on the road then the Canucks. I think in each of the games at Vancouver the Canucks only have won by a goal and at some point Luongo has to crack at home.

They better hope this doesn't turn out like the Penguins-Red Wings 2009 Stanley Cup finals where the team without home ice finally won a road game in game 7 to win the Stanley Cup.

I was laughing hysterically at the $10 million goalie getting shelled early (and often) again !! Luongo is the most over-paid, over-hyped and under-performing goaltender in the NHL.

If Vancouver does somehow win Game Seven, it will be in spite of Luongo, not because of him......just like Canada in the last Olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

Want the Canucks to win big time but just think the Bruins are gonna nick it.

I pray to God i'm wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

scottjangro-9212-full.jpg
    We're going the distance.:D

Interestingly I think the Bruins are actually more capable of stealing a game on the road then the Canucks. I think in each of the games at Vancouver the Canucks only have won by a goal and at some point Luongo has to crack at home.

They better hope this doesn't turn out like the Penguins-Red Wings 2009 Stanley Cup finals where the team without home ice finally won a road game in game 7 to win the Stanley Cup.

I agree, the bruins are more likely to win on the road than the Canucks are, but i'd still favour the Canucks for Wednesday night...so it'll be another close, nail-bitting game in Canadia...only thing i can wish for is that Luongo's confidence is absolutely fecked after last night.

Can't wait its going to be an epic night in the city on Wednesday...i may have to work from home on Thursday :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

That said, but for the heroics of Tim Thomas, all of the games in Van could easily have been blowouts for the Canucks.

At some point Thomas has to crack. If the Nucks get 2 early goals, his confidence will be tested. Bruins have barely looked like scoring in Vancouver.

The NHL's double standards are nuts, and therefore Boston will win tomorrow. Whatever about Boychuk (he should be banned IMO), the 4 punches Daniel took to the face in full few of the ref without a call was disgraceful.

If Vancouver has a reputation, don't give them the benefit of the doubt, but you can't just not call blatant penalties. 90%+ of the big calls/non-calls in this series have gone to Boston, so as a Canucks fan, it's heartbreaking to watch.

WIN IT FOR MAYRAY, WIN IT WITH MANNY!

tumblr_lmr4dhoCIY1qbtyrvo1_500.jpg

surley still MVP regardless of who wins

Barring a 7 point game for Kesler, yes.

tolosenc wrote: »
    Barring a 7 point game for Kesler, yes.

kessler's been rubbish this series, dont see it changing tonight!!

Boston to win by a scrappy scrappy goal

Yeah, but he was great the rest of the playoffs, and that's what this goes on. Thomas wasn't exactly great against Les Habs.

Rumour has it that MayRay will be there tonight. Expect Boychuk to have a tough night. If the refs continue their nonsense, Boston will win. Otherwise, the Canucks will. Thomas looked shakier than he has all series in the 3rd of G6, an early goal (or even two) will really test him. Luongo will be back to normal (though I want Schneider to start).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

ANyone got a link for tonight? Not at home so can't watch it on sky.

Advertisement