Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alert: New Ferguson HD DTT/Sat Combo Box - €63 before postage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Tony can you recommend another combo box that has one channel list and will play divx movies from an attached hard-drive?

I think it would be better if someone other than me answered your question so you can get an objective answer.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Tony can you recommend another combo box that has one channel list and will play divx movies from an attached hard-drive?

you could try satellite.ie for your needs;)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭willyb007

pissed wrote: »
    Hi tried your list and its excellent, all works apart from the RTE's. I am receiving from Clermont Carn so thats my problem. Is there any way to edit manually rather than do a rescan as this will mess up your list.

I have posted same list with built in new firmware on this thread a day or two ago. That mite be better option for you if experiencing any sync problems, however you will have to re-scan DTT if you are receiving from Clermont Carn :( As I am receiving from Carinn Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Sky Atlantic only shows old repeats of stuff originally shown on the fta channels.
    Like repeats of Blue Bloods, Boardwalk Empire, Game Of Thrones, you tell me what other Channel had those on before Sky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

200motels wrote: »
    Like repeats of Blue Bloods, Boardwalk Empire, Game Of Thrones, you tell me what other Channel had those on before Sky?

I suppose "before" is the operative word. Some people like to see stuff straight away - even in the cinema. Others - like moi - are prepared to wait. RTE are now up to the eighth episode of Blue Bloods. Different strokes for different folks.

• Advertisement

200motels wrote: »
    Like repeats of Blue Bloods,

As I said previously your particular discussion belongs on another thread. This thread is about the 120 Combo, what part of that do you not understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Tony wrote: »
    Thanks for the update, it seems the scart is ok for almost everybody but the HDMI output is still showing a problem here on ITV HD London feed.

using scart for mine and tv3 is noticable out of sync.

using scart for mine and tv3 is noticable out of sync.

Thanks I'll check that out here too.

Edit: Just checked and scart is ok but the problem is HDMI looks Ok too so . Does anyone else notice the problem coming and going on TV3 terrestrial ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Thanks I'll check that out here too.

Edit: Just checked and scart is ok but the problem is HDMI looks Ok too so . Does anyone else notice the problem coming and going on TV3 terrestrial ?

I have also noticed that TV3 is not always out. When I checked it last night it was fine on HDMI but this is not always the case.

I only use this box in my bedroom and it does not get used for very long at a time so I can't say for sure how often it works / does not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

willyb007 wrote: »
    I have posted same list with built in new firmware on this thread a day or two ago. That mite be better option for you if experiencing any sync problems, however you will have to re-scan DTT if you are receiving from Clermont Carn :( As I am receiving from Carinn Hill.

OK just loaded up your file, deleted the terrestrial channels and completed a scan for terrestrial for my location. Channel list is all messed up again after scan. Any ideas where I am going wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭An.Duine.Eile

willyb007 wrote: »

Thanks for the file.

I am receiving from Maghera, so edited the file with the Ariva Editor. Edited the DTT freq of 682000 and changed to 690000. There was a second setting on that screen that was 0, and had to changed to 1000, to save the new freq.

Loaded it onto the box and it worked great. No need to rescan and channels not messed up.

For Carinn Hill use Freq 730000
    http://www.mpeg4ireland.com/dtt-muxes#mapping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭user1842

OK just loaded up your file, deleted the terrestrial channels and completed a scan for terrestrial for my location. Channel list is all messed up again after scan. Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Umm something is going wrong here. Are you sure it has messed up your SAT channel list and not your DTT list?

Also how many channels is your scan picking up?

Umm something is going wrong here. Are you sure it has messed up your SAT channel list and not your DTT list?

Also how many channels is your scan picking up?

Hi, scan picked up the RTE's, TV3, TG4, 3E, News Now, JNR. I have reloaded the file again but can you tell me how you edit the frequency? I dont see an option within the editor or through the box. Thanks.

Hi, scan picked up the RTE's, TV3, TG4, 3E, News Now, JNR. I have reloaded the file again but can you tell me how you edit the frequency? I dont see an option within the editor or through the box. Thanks.

Sorry not at my box at the moment and cant remember off the top of my head.
    It really should not be messing up your SAT channel list. Stupid question, are you 100% sure you are saving your SAT channel list after you change them? It will ask you to save.

Not really sure what you mean about saving. I have downloaded the channel list from this thread. Inserted USB into receiver. Upgrade by USB and selected file. The box upgrades and reboots. All channels are still in order at this stage. Selected the terrestrial channels and deleted them from the list. Rescanned terrestrial only. After the rescan my Sat list is garbled???

Sorry should have mentioned after terrestrial rescan it asks me to save and I accept.

Not really sure what you mean about saving. I have downloaded the channel list from this thread. Inserted USB into receiver. Upgrade by USB and selected file. The box upgrades and reboots. All channels are still in order at this stage. Selected the terrestrial channels and deleted them from the list. Rescanned terrestrial only. After the rescan my Sat list is garbled???

This makes no sense and did not happen for me. Where is the box getting the info to change the SAT channel order :confused:. Sorry I cant be of more help. May I ask are you using the new firmware? If so this could be a problem with it.

No I was about to load the new firmware earlier but got a bin mismatch or some warning so decided to just stay on original 09 may 2011. I have gone through ariva channel editor and the editor within the box itself and dont see any option to change frequenty:confused:

- Download editor from http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/func-startdown/841/

- Download listing from http://www.mediafire.com/?9czjk8m8tyv76om ( Thanks Willyb007)

- Open file
    - Expand 'All Services'
    - Expand 'Satellite Information'
    - Scroll to bottom and expand 'DVB-T'
    - Right Click 'TP_6820_V_0' and select Edit
    - Change Freq to new setting ( Carinn Hill use Freq 7300, try sym rate 1000 )
    - click Okay
    - Save File

Load onto the box.

Good Luck
    [IMG]file:///C:/TEMP/arivaeditor.JPG[/IMG]

Screen shoot of editor

Great stuff , thats what I was looking for. Off to bed after a nightshift but will play around with it later on. Thanks for all your help .

• Advertisement

No I was about to load the new firmware earlier but got a bin mismatch or some warning so decided to just stay on original 09 may 2011. I have gone through ariva channel editor and the editor within the box itself and dont see any option to change frequenty:confused:

The 'bin mismatch' message occurs because you are installing a newer version. It does not match the installed version. Click Yes to continue.

All sorted, thanks to everyone for their help.
    I had to change the frequency for the first two in the DVB-T list and all worked out fine. All channels in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

The 'bin mismatch' message occurs because you are installing a newer version. It does not match the installed version. Click Yes to continue.

And it should always be 4096k in file size!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

All sorted, thanks to everyone for their help.
    I had to change the frequency for the first two in the DVB-T list and all worked out fine. All channels in order.

How is it all sorted shor the lipsync issue is not resolved :confused:

darth_maul wrote: »
    ok to get the channel list to work with new firmware this is what is needed.

Open ariva editor and open you channels list.
    go to file export and save it as a udf (user database)
    close arivaeditor and open again
    open udf file
    the goto file export and save it over the new firmware abs file
    this now has new firmware and your channel list

put usb drive back in combo box
    goto upgrade by usb
    upgrade mode userdb
    select the new firmware file
    click start

have one ready here if anyone needs it

Taking it a step further..... The Clarketech Editor Studio v3.17 downloads the latest settings and info for each ANY satellite and which you can export that to Ferguson format as a UDF file and do what Darth Maul has suggested above to incorporate it in the firmware.

It is a blind scan without scanning! And will enable/enforce stations not found by conventionel and time consuming scan methods.

Instructions for usage (change the language to english by the way from the menu - its italian on default even after choosing english on install - its on the menu that comes up - language)

Instructions

File, Import, Choose Web,

Choose Satellite

Then whether you want TV or Radio or All.

Thats it. Then Export it to your satellite box type using Export (Ferguson would be Ali Generic CAS). And export to UDF (so that you can then do Darth Maul suggestion OR you can export directly in firmware, in the save dialog just select the firmware and confirm the overwrite, in fact the original file will be overwritten, but only added an ending to the name, eg. "_List01.)

Of course if this is all over your head, dont attempt it.

@STB copy I d/loaded last week does not have the english option. Rapidshare link seems broken , do you have anthr D/load URL ?

@STB copy I d/loaded last week does not have the english option. Rapidshare link seems broken , do you have anthr D/load URL ?

Meant to mention that - the link above - use anything other than the first link which is rapidshare on that multi-upload list. Eg Hotfile works.

Tony - when you install that - run the program and change the language under "Opzioni" and Linguaggio to English. Its a menu option!

Its on the one you already installed.

STB wrote: »

Tony - when you install that - run the program and change the language under "Opzioni" and Linguaggio to English. Its a menu option!

Its on the one you already installed.

Have to disagree the one I have intslaled just has default no languages at all. I'll re install 3.17, thanks for the links.

Edit:this one has english :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

Hi Tony,

was watching vincent brown on tv3 last night, audio was out of sync, drove me mad. Do you think their will be a fix for this soon.

Kind Regards
    Fergal.

• Advertisement

Hi Fergal, I hope so but i have no control over this, its ferguson who are writing the firmware. Has anyone noticed any diffrence between programmes Tv3 make themselves and imported shows?

At this pont I'm not certain the TV3 issue is the same as the ITV one as all the terrestrial channels should show the same delay as they are all on the same transponder using (as far as I'm aware) the same audio transmission.

fergald wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

was watching vincent brown on tv3 last night, audio was out of sync, drove me mad. Do you think their will be a fix for this soon.

Kind Regards
    Fergal.

Advertisement