Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What would you do if this was your child?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

That is shocking,poor kids. hopefully he will be prosecuted.

I don't know how some people can be so cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Was whoever recorded it arrested? They are laughing, pricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

If he did that to my child I would walk into the school and punch him in the face. I know that sounds like bravado and internet hardman but if I saw anyone doing that to my child I don’t think I could stop myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Doc wrote: »
    If he did that to my child I would walk into the school and punch him in the face. I know that sounds like bravado and internet hardman but if I saw anyone doing that to my child I don’t think I could stop myself.

I think the majority of people parents or not would agree with you.

It's natural to want to protect those you love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

I'd call that being kind to the guy, if that happened to my child, I'd turn up at the school, clear the room of the kids and put his hand on the desk he used to correct the kids homework and I'd break every finger he had with a ball hammer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

why say my child?
    if you seen a teacher, or anyone doing that to children, theyd get much much worse back.

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    why say my child?
    if you seen a teacher, or anyone doing that to children, theyd get much much worse back.

I did just see it happen to another person’s child but I don’t think I will be getting a flight over to punch him in the face. Though I hope he is punished and would support that punishment I don’t feel personal responsibility to see it enforced. I can’t go around the world fixing everything that everyone dose wrong, but if it was my child I would see it as my responsibility to go and do something about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Lets be thankful he didnt have one of those metal rulers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

what he needs is to be thrown in jail and every hour get a beating with a baseball bat, scum like this do not deserve to be alive in my opinion, we have to protect our children from evil like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

And so it begins

Posters see violence and get understandably angry.

And the solution it seems is to dream up other inventive methods of violence, a beating every hour or take a hammer to their fingers..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

And so it begins

And the solution it seems is to dream up other inventive methods of violence, a beating every hour or take a hammer to their fingers..

tbh, what i posted there is tame compared to what i would really want to happen to him, but i am trying to not be openly sadistic

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Ive seen and experienced that and worse from several teachers, my father got even worse when he was a boy, at no stage was the teacher put under scrutiny for his or her actions or under threat from a parent to my recollection.

Different times, different attitudes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

If it was my kids?
    I won't say what I would do on a public forum, what said here can become evidence.
    Needless to say I wouldn't be happy and might express this.

As for these standing by recording the beatings and observing, not stopping it, they are just as guilty and deserve same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I feel sickened watching that video, yet it's what I endured and watched happening on a regular basis at school in the 70s!

Yet parents then thought nothing of it!

When my children were starting school, I was nervous and terrified for them - I can't imagine what I would have been like if I knew they would endure what was on this video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

What f uckin c unts,
    I actually want to just pick that girl up and cuddle her, I was on the wrong end of beatings as a kid, and as such i could never ever strike a child.

It's more important for me these sadistic animals are permanently stopped from doing this rather than having their hands smashed with hammers.

I even see it was obviously put on as a bit of a show for the camera, who the **** films petrified kids being hit, my daughter is the same age, this has wrecked my day to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

The man, named in Egypt as Magdi el-Shaar, is shown apparently marking the children's homework before hitting them with a ruler.
    He is reported to have blamed the country's revolution earlier this year for his actions, understood to have taken place at a centre in the city of Kafr Shukr, in Gharbiya state.
    Video of the disturbing scenes - which have already been viewed by thousands after being posted online - captures pupils screaming in pain and attempting to avoid the blows.
    More than 10 children, all aged below 10 and some seemingly around six-years-old, are seen being abused.
    Beating and corporal punishment are the best means for disciplining children especially after the January 25 revolt.
    Magdi el-Shaar's alleged reason for the beatings
    Police say the man has been arrested and questioned by local prosecutors, and that the centre has been closed down upon the orders of the Minister of Social Solidarity.
    El-Shaar allegedly told prosecutors: "Beating and corporal punishment are the best means for disciplining children especially after the January 25 revolt."
    The teacher can be seen smiling during his assaults, with one girl dressed in pink receiving a particularly sickening beating as he repeatedly hits her and pulls her hair.
    In the background, at least one other man can be heard laughing at the scenes, which were filmed by an unknown veiled female worker at the centre.
    Uploaded on May 15 the video finishes with the shot panning round to reveal two more adults who have been watching.
    Newspapers in Egypt say the Ministry of Social Solidarity will decide whether to re-open the centre or keep it closed depending on the results of an investigation.

Ministry of Social Solidarity :rolleyes:

Sounds like something from 1984 novel or some backward country with a propaganda division

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

If I saw that happen to ANY child, not just my own, I would shove that ruler sideways so far up his arse he would need a dentist to remove it. HORRIBLE F*CKER

And so it begins

Would you rather the parents hug it out?!

Those kids are only toddlers, I'm with Biggins here on the type of retribution I'd seek. That "teacher" certainly wouldn't do it again that's for sure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I don't understand why this teacher is doing it. If the kids aren't getting their homework right, he should be checking to see if they are all having problems with the same thing and addressing that. It doesn't make sense to me that he's pulling them around the room or smacking them with a ruler.

• Advertisement

TheZohan wrote: »
    Would you rather the parents hug it out?!

Do you read my post? I posted it was understandable to get angry.

But there's a lot of internet hard man talk on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I have seen some sh1t on the net and a lot of it I just shrug off but this sickened me and yes I would happily show this thug some violence of my own and I don't care if that sounds two faced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

I feel quite distressed after watching that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

And so it begins

Ah fuck off would ye.

Humanity in human reaction shocker.

Do you read my post? I posted it was understandable to get angry.

But there's a lot of internet hard man talk on this thread.

In this instance I don't think it's "internet hard man talk", internet hard man talk is when you'd say you'd go after a group of 10 guys, bate them and rip off their heads because they dissed yore ma or something. A proper beating is completely justified and appropriate in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Nothing wrong with that. My own Granda beat up a christian brother for giving a hiding to my uncle. right in the playground too

cowhands wrote: »
    If I saw that happen to ANY child, not just my own, I would shove that ruler sideways so far up his arse he would need a dentist to remove it. HORRIBLE F*CKER

The OP asked
    what would you do if this was your child?

so I told him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Some people need to grow a pair of balls. Jeez i got hit worse than that by teachers in school. It certainly put manners on you and respect for your teachers, it made you hate them alright but you damn well behaved. something kids nowadays are sorely lacking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

After Hours response: they didnt do their home work correct so they deserve it, should have blasted them in the face ... etc

actual response: meh happened to me as a kid and i worked out alright but then it was a different time with different rules.

• Advertisement

TheZohan wrote: »
    A proper beating is completely justified and appropriate in this case.

And I don't realy have an issue with this, marching into school and giving a box in the face if that's what some want to do.
    I wouldn't and the OP asked

But I'm reading taking a hammer to fingers and a beating every hour in jail so sleep deprivation.
    Sure what else can we dream up? Lets get the imaginations working
    Ah fuck off would ye.

Maybe read the above, aren't you wound up before 9am

Advertisement