Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

No more patches until after Dreamhack :/
    Gonna have to put with Eve, Vayne and Vlad for the next few weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Need more ban slots :(

On a side note we should probably move future posts to the League of legends thread in the strategy forum, so we aren't constantly bumped off page 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Reading alot about Vayne being overpowered and have to disagree.

I play mostly Ashe and Shaco and most Vaynes you play are mid, with me as ash.

Its pretty easy to square her early game, as she tumbles a volley and auto attack pretty much does the trick.

The problem is most people are believing her to be OP, and backing off, shes the best chaser in game so your going to get ****ed, best bet is hitting her head on, organise ganks on her cause end game she does get very powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

TheDoc wrote: »

Its pretty easy to square her early game, as she tumbles a volley and auto attack pretty much does the trick.

The problem is most people are believing her to be OP, and backing off, shes the best chaser in game so your going to get ****ed, best bet is hitting her head on, organise ganks on her cause end game she does get very powerful.

I heard all that qq about her, but I can't ses her being so op as people make it.

Anyway few of us were on the ather day and we decided to go for our first pvp game. We were all on vent and had 2 lvl 30s and the rest of us pure noobs.

Holy crap that was fun and stressful lol.

1. Holy **** mid is gone! I can't see him!!! FFs lads watch your backs!!!! Damn FFs where is he?!?! Oh wait he was just down to his tower.

2. Jungle diving lol. You go in t jungle, mind your own ****, then you see yourself flooring it bal to your tower shouting: shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, while 3 people chasing you lol.

3. Was funny when they tried to kill baron thingy and i accsidemtly cought them! " lads! They are killing big f*g worm!" someone shouts back: gang them!!!!! " . Lol
    Killed 4 of them lost 1. They just gave up after it.

Tention all game. Was pro!

Tryed few champions from new rotation.

Nocturne? - played him once and pretty loved him. Very strong in begging. Tried him only vs bots. So I presume his ultimate is not used out properly.

Sniper girl? - pretty cool, loved the traps and spells, but ultimate is really annoying. I know that ather champions can be in the way to take a blast, but few times I Shot running away bot and it just missed or something. There were no ather bots near by.

Engineer fella with turrets - holy Jesus how op it is vs bots... After I started game I came back to town to buy gear with 3.5k gold... And I came back not because I needed, but because I wanted to see how gear changes me. Cool fella, would be great for ****s and giggles, but not proper full time.

She kicks out insane damage from level one with crazy mobility. And if you do manage to get near her she can just use her E (which is basically Trist's ult but it can stun) to knock you back. She also snowballs so hard when she gets a few kills.
    She's pretty much perma-banned in ranked.
    While I don't think Ashe beats Vayne 1v1 it's not really relevant as she's gonna be bot with a support.
    She'll be nerfed next patch, the only question is how hard.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be the best at balancing issues, but if veyne being needed so hard, how come the allow such stuff like annys burst/stun. I honestly just stay away from that bitch no matter what I play.

Having 3/4 of your solid hp burned in 1 sec and a pedo bear runing after you while you stunned is not considered op?

I know I like veyne, and I might sound like defender, but I just don't see what is that bad with her as I havent played this game so much. I have a very nice solid build for her, but even then it is sooooo hard vs 18 warrick cho'gath or any self healing bastord. :(. You have to have a perfect kiting skills.

I wouldn't be the best at balancing issues, but if veyne being needed so hard, how come the allow such stuff like annys burst/stun. I honestly just stay away from that bitch no matter what I play.

Having 3/4 of your solid hp burned in 1 sec and a pedo bear runing after you while you stunned is not considered op?

I know I like veyne, and I might sound like defender, but I just don't see what is that bad with her as I havent played this game so much. I have a very nice solid build for her, but even then it is sooooo hard vs 18 warrick cho'gath or any self healing bastord. :(. You have to have a perfect kiting skills.

Annie is very strong since they buffed her ratios in the last patch. So she may be toned downed a tiny bit in the future too.
    The difference however, is that Annie has to hit 6 before she can do her full combo. And after she blows her combo she then has to wait for her cooldowns before she can contribute again.
    Vayne kicks out crazy damage from level one and since most of her damage comes from her autoattacks (with the crazy % true damage) she is constantly dealing it.
    She also has a very easy time escaping due to tumble, her knockback and her ult. Annie maybe has her stun up.

I think its best you just take our word on this lads, i dont think you have too much experience with full flat AD + armor pen rune page vaynes that can cripple you from level 1 and just steamroll from there.

She's a ranged carry that bursts as well as some of the best assassination champions with as little as a triforce.

Her mobility and short cd escapes can run circles around counter carries like poppy and her true damage %health just so happens to eat through tanks that try to max armor or health to deal with her.

Relative novices can pick up vayne and do a lot better than they should, but are countered, because they overextend, position themselves badly and get next to no last hits in lane.

When you meet a good vayne player, you'll know why shes banned in almost every high elo match.

Finally broke 1700 :D:D:D

I stopes playing veyne for awile lads. Want to see where it will settle down. Don't want to get used to champ and then get it complete changed in next patches.

Playing a bit nocturne which is pretty fun if you are not underfed.

What's the story with that turret bastord? He looked op as hell!

Btw I tried that gargoyle fella, galio? He looked prety solid support champ, but I don't see him being tank at all. Magic ressists is pure awesome sauce, but he is not tank...

• Advertisement

What's the story with that turret bastord? He looked op as hell!
    Heimer isn't OP he just makes for a very boring and unfun lane. Never fight him near his turrets if you are solo. And try to get your jungler to come gank him as much as possible. His turrets die when he does.
    Btw I tried that gargoyle fella, galio? He looked prety solid support champ, but I don't see him being tank at all. Magic ressists is pure awesome sauce, but he is not tank...
    Galio is a great tank due to his ultimate and shield. While it is a bit counterintuitive, you can't just stack magic resist on him (despite what his passive is). You have to build him like a standard tank i.e. MR, armour and health. You can also build him AP/MR if you wanna play him as a caster.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bellylint

Seifer wrote: »
    Finally broke 1700 :D:D:D

hope your talking IP!

thats games then I take it? thats quite a few. might be on 1k mark myself

bellylint wrote: »
    hope your talking IP!

thats games then I take it? thats quite a few. might be on 1k mark myself
    No, solo ranked 5v5 elo.

Thats madness, well done seifer, i really cant touch that rating. everytime i break 1350 i get totally outplayed and go on an epic loosing streak.

cant create games, all bugged to ****. something is wrong with theyr servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

These servers ffs.

I think its best you just take our word on this lads, i dont think you have too much experience with full flat AD + armor pen rune page vaynes that can cripple you from level 1 and just steamroll from there.

She's a ranged carry that bursts as well as some of the best assassination champions with as little as a triforce.

Her mobility and short cd escapes can run circles around counter carries like poppy and her true damage %health just so happens to eat through tanks that try to max armor or health to deal with her.

Relative novices can pick up vayne and do a lot better than they should, but are countered, because they overextend, position themselves badly and get next to no last hits in lane.

When you meet a good vayne player, you'll know why shes banned in almost every high elo match.

Erm I'm not being bigheaded, but I'm playing the game just shortly after its release, so ive been around for the arrival of vayne.

And while in the right hands yes she is deadly, my experience is that any AD Carry in the right hands is deadly, as much is any character.

Vayne has died off big time since her free week, cause as I said above, early pressure on vayne is relatively easy, and focus mid to late game takes her out of commision.

The Vaynes doing well are the ones being fed from my experience.

On a seperate note

Most recently I've been playing alot of Shaco and doing well with him in lanes, getting good early pressure and he turns into a beast late game, but hes definitly made of paper, very hard to not get focused in team fights.

I'm seeing alot of Evelyn in random pugs where skill isnt to high and she is causing alot of problems and I'm coming up against her every second game, can just about match her for damage but always gets the first jump, most of my income is going on wards and oracles to give myself a chance.

Have to say I genuinely hate playing with random players it detracts from the experience and is so frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tryndamere has really been getting on my nerves lately, when he sperges in unless you can get out really fast you're a gonner. If idiotic team-mates feed him early on he can become an almost unstoppable force.

Really liking Twisted Fate's passive atm though. Gold gold gold.

And while in the right hands yes she is deadly, my experience is that any AD Carry in the right hands is deadly, as much is any character.
    That statement essentially says that all champions are balanced and all that matters is player skill. That is simply not true.
    Why Vayne is OP has already been explained. It has subsequently been confirmed on the Riot forums that she will be nerfed next patch (along with Eve, Vlad and Jarvan).
    Vayne has died off big time since her free week, cause as I said above, early pressure on vayne is relatively easy, and focus mid to late game takes her out of commision.
    Vayne has only "died off" because she is banned every game.

Ah, just hAd a cool night of lol. 4 of us pvp normal. I played vayne and noone had problem with that. In fact she is already nerfed. I am a noob and I am just having fun :).

4 of us on skype was pro. Out of 3 games we won 2. Bouth wins we were behind but later Om we
    Just fought back and overwhelmed them!

Damn this game can eat up time! If only I would have my mouse. :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

RopeDrink wrote: »
    From that point onward, even after killing said killers multiple times afterwards to redeem myself (Tristana / Teemo), the guy spent the entire game calling me a noob. Thats ok, I get that a lot, but it was ALL the time and constantly demanding both teams 'report' me despite it literally being 2v5 mostly with me on 8/8/9 despite our lack of power versus a 20kill fed Akali and a ranged team chewing up everyone, including an Eve who got fed midgame.

At level 4 he decided to 'leave the noob on a solo lane' which I welcomed, leveled up twice his level at one point while he went off solo'ing blue golem for 10minutes at level 4 and wandering around being useless while I had to defend against said Teemo/Tristana.

I don't get people like him at all - One mistake and the rest of the game was just a slagging match - Eventually reported the guy for harassment as I was 2nd highest on the score table for our team and clearly doing a lot of effort against a long-lost snowball match with said Eve/Fed Akali tearing everyone up. The guy had 7+ more deaths than me, to boot.

I don't mind being called out on errors and being told to stop doing something, or that generally what I did is wrong, but I won't stand for constant berating especially when I'm clearly one of the few making any form of impact for my own losing team. I was the first to defend turrets when needed, was in 95% of all teamfights and had the second best score (as bad as it was).

I love the game but it suffers the same problem that many games have and that is completely immature keyboard-warrior children making themselves feel better by ragging on anyone who makes a mistake - God forbid, it's part of being human :rolleyes:

in HoN that happens every game

no im being unfair, it happens 99% of games. these types of games attract nothing but pure scum. LoL is definately the better of the 2 for the community though

I've put Shaco on the bench, hes just an early game character and can be slightly effective in gankins coming in from jungle.

Late game hes too squishy along with midgame and too easy to focus fire.

I'm too happy in fairness playing Ashe, simple to pickup and at the point now where I'm finishing most games with pretty high scores.

I guess aswell in our team setup I play the ranged carry and I havnt really found anyone better then ashe, early game a tiny bit squishy but her build order is easy to get up relatively quickly and with one or two early kills or assists midgame can be pretty storng, and late game is just domination

I remember a solid 6 month permanent shaco ban i ranked. In fact i refused to play normal matches because i would just come up against a shaco and have nothing to counter him with.

While he has been nerfed, his escapes are the best in the game at the moment. Though he does belong to those special group of champions that start insanely strong and get progressively more difficult to play and succeed with as the game progresses (see evelyn and especially leblanc).

I would never say shaco is unviable or even weak, hes just risky and has a very high skill cap. Every time i think shaco is just flat out bad i meet one that completely knocks me on my ass and leaves my head spinning.

Went from a 15 kill streak game to a 0 kill one:confused: Then the server booted me off, bloody login queues are a pain in the ass.

Seems everyones trying out Orianna, and nobody is any good with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Went from a 15 kill streak game to a 0 kill one:confused: Then the server booted me off, bloody login queues are a pain in the ass.

Seems everyones trying out Orianna, and nobody is any good with her.

They ll be down till tomorrow they'v been DDoS

RopeDrink wrote: »
    For **** sake, just had two matches with two mates (one here, you know who you are, hope you see this) and it kept saying "Disconnected from chat" after the match. Thats not a problem but halfway through typing a sentance it just says "Client Closing" and on attempt to log back in, OVER 9000, please wait 45minutes...

Jesus.

Yeah, as above, US Servers were DDos'd, which appears to affect chat too, and kicks sessions.

Actually took Shaco up for two games again last night just to see how I got on in random games and idd pretty well.

Forget the stats but first game was a very positive score and the second game was a faceroll, finished 13-1 and then game was less then 20 minutes.

I just dont know how to take him, in the premades I play with the lads I just dont do well with him, enemy teams focus me constantly and orcastrate ganks on me early to kill momentum.

But in randoms they seem to just let me loose to jungle and gank at will, and when I'm laning the amount of people that chase me into bushes where I have my boxes set is unbelieveable.

I definitly think I'm refining my Shaco play and my I still feel he is squishy and that a team that isnt **** will have no problem dealing with him. I dont think he brings alot to the table in terms of serious endgame domination in premades.

But in randoms he is definitly strong alright, second game last night I was 3-0-1 after about 8 minutes with three kills on an Ashe character.

My Ashe play has been seriously refined in recent weeks and everygame I'm going into I'm coming out with seriously positive scores.

Must grab a few of your names for my friends list, most of my lads play late night but i do be looking for a new afternoon and evening games if your about

Be on today from about 4:30

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Have they ported Lycan ? :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭erinsoup

Warwick is very viable in lane. He's just much stronger and is really safe in the jungle. He can deal with most 1v1 matchups just through pure sustainability

• Advertisement

erinsoup wrote: »
    Warwick is very viable in lane. He's just much stronger and is really safe in the jungle. He can deal with most 1v1 matchups just through pure sustainability
    This.
    Since the nerfs to other tanky dps he has become a very popular lane choice. Some might say he's too strong. Doran's ring -> sorc boots -> usual tanky stuff. He's pretty much unharassable due to his lifesteal and Q.

Advertisement