Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will CM Punk stay or leave WWE this year?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

They will book him to win the MITB i'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I thought there was a more recent thread than this, but I cannot find it.

Punk has said on Twitter than he is gone on July 17th.

Presumably it will just be a hiatus. Still though, this is a huge loss as he is, without doubt, the best thing on WWE for the last 12 months.

I also fear for The Nexus guys, as without him, their only place is really on the Future Endeavours list.

EDIT : Found it and merged them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

gimmick wrote: »
    I thought there was a more recent thread than this, but I cannot find it.

Punk has said on Twitter than he is gone on July 17th.

Presumably it will just be a hiatus. Still though, this is a huge loss as he is, without doubt, the best thing on WWE for the last 12 months.

I also fear for The Nexus guys, as without him, their only place is really on the Future Endeavours list.

EDIT : Found it and merged them.

except for ryan - hes the new batista - vince loves his big roid freaks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

ayatollah wrote: »
    except for ryan - hes the new batista - vince loves his big roid freaks

he can have Rob Terry if he wants him then, gawd knows TNA don't need him

maybe do a straight swap for Punk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

jesus yeah i hate terry he's a disaster in the ring - most definately going t oseriously hurt someone unless he gets a dose of cop on - stick him in the ring with steiner - he'll put manners on him :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

A lot of my friends are saying that if punk does walk away in the coming months that it will be the end of them watching wwe, is anyone else like that?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

No
    I don't know if i'll ever just stop watching; i'd keep in touch via podcasts etc and probably still catch the PPVs. WWE always do _something_ so keep me hooked.

I likely said this before; if it's not Jericho, it's Punk, if it's not Punk, it's Truth. Take away Truth without replacing him and i'll consider it. I've already dropped every other WWE show except RAW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

CMpunked wrote: »
    A lot of my friends are saying that if punk does walk away in the coming months that it will be the end of them watching wwe, is anyone else like that?

CM Punk brought me back to the WWE after about a year of just checking the results every so often.

I said it on the Raw thread, I'm not sure I can keep watching every week without him. I don't know what else on Raw there is for me without him. I'd check on here, read Raw results etc but I think that would be it for and Raw. I'll keep plugging away with Smackdown though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

ayatollah wrote: »
    jesus yeah i hate terry he's a disaster in the ring - most definately going t oseriously hurt someone unless he gets a dose of cop on - stick him in the ring with steiner - he'll put manners on him :p

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheHumanOnion

CMpunked wrote: »

I'm fairly close to it. Punk is pretty much the only reason I'm watching RAW at the moment. If they pushed Bourne or gave Ryder a decent chance it would keep me on board... doubt either of those will ever happen though!!

The other issue this raises is that they need to get Jericho back in as soon as possible, because without Punk they're missing that natural antagonistic heel that can get heat from any crowd. While Truth is doing a good job so far, Jericho is much closer to Punk's level when it comes to getting a reaction from the crowd, and his wrestling ability

• Advertisement
Advertisement