Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will CM Punk stay or leave WWE this year?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

He was with Maria before he even got to the main roster,some boy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

He was with Daffney too, and Tracy Brooks (which is a coincidence because they both have the same last name) years ago though before he was with the WWE. This promiscuous life-style isn't very straight edge is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

From PWinsider.com

'On the WWE PPV calendar, the WWE Night of Champions PPV concept has been officially dropped from the schedule. The date is still scheduled for a PPV on September 18th at the HSBC Arena in Buffalo, NY, but is now listed at "TBA" for the name of the show.'

Wonder if this is related to rumours of them unifying the titles...

The Sun seems to be saying something similar too.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3552942/Could-WWE-be-set-for-a-new-era.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Punk, on the other hand, goes through the divas like there's no tomorrow....

Well I don't know if he really sticks to that Straight Edge lifestyle of no drugs, alcohol or cigarettes. But it's obvious he's really sticking to something else though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

G-Money wrote: »
    Well I don't know if he really sticks to that Straight Edge lifestyle of no drugs, alcohol or cigarettes. But it's obvious he's really sticking to something else though :pac:

Just my opinion and it may ruffle feathers, but I think that straight-edge thing is just a gimmick. He's had plenty of women, which as far as I know is against the straight edge lifestyle. And judging by the size of his arms, i'd guess that he has also taken gear in earlier days of his career (before the wellness policy came about)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    ^ Punk and Beth a couple :eek:

Probably would in fairness. She's attractive enough in a way bigger than me kinda way. More understandable than say Chyna ever was.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Charisteas wrote: »
    Just my opinion and it may ruffle feathers, but I think that straight-edge thing is just a gimmick. He's had plenty of women, which as far as I know is against the straight edge lifestyle. And judging by the size of his arms, i'd guess that he has also taken gear in earlier days of his career (before the wellness policy came about)

I really don't think its a gimmick but then I guess I have no more proff than you :/

As for the whole sex thing, my understanding is that the staight edge lifestyle frowns on promiscious sex, not sex in general. My understanding is that sex in a stable relationship is perfectly acceptable (presumably because you have more of an idea of what possible long term and short term effects could arise as a result...). Just no one night stands, random nights of passion with strangers, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Charisteas wrote: »

His arms don't look like the arms of a man on anything. He has lean, natural muscle. The chest area is always the tell-tale sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

AFAIK the straight edge thing is totally legit.

Yeah it is 100% legit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

He has it tatooed on his stomach AND his knuckles! of course its legit!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

No
    You've heard the stories -- Punk's contract is almost up, WWE's offered a new deal but Punk's neglected to renew so far.

Consider the following bits of info :
    • Punk's contract is almost up
    • WWE's offered him a new deal
    • Punk's neglected to renew (so far)
    • His reason why is cited to be "burnout with being on the road for years and unhappiness with his position in the company over the last year."
    • Punk's generally been overlooked by WWE when they look for new talent to lead the company (Sheamus, Miz, Barrett etc all pushed ahead of him in 09-10, even now in 2011, Del Rio, Truth and Morrison are in better spots, obviously Orton, Christian on SmackDown)
    • Punk generally loses all of his matches and feuds
    • Punk's an indy darling (i.e. massively talented wrestler/promo/unique look but smaller size)
    • Could Punk be just lobbying for a better position in the company?
    • There's talk of WWE wanting Punk to sign his name away (which Punk owns)
    • He's started in a little twitter feud with KENTA (originator of the GTS) ...might Punk be eyeing the exit and laying the groundwork for a feud in ROH/Japan etc? Or just fuelling discussion?

Long story short - go out on a limb - will CM Punk re-sign with WWE or leave? We'll know for sure come later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

No
    I'd say he'll sign a new contract. Neither that or he'll go the Jericho root, taking time off then going back again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 McCann_Man

As much as I would like to see Punk go for one more run in ROH & PWG,
    I simply cannot see that happening, it's no secret that Punk is currently being underutilized he went from being a shoe in for the main event at WM 27 with Cena to being randomly thrown into this new nexus storyline which I really don't like at all.

Many wrestlers have been stating on twitter that Punk deserves better and for me right now he is my favorite on the roster but I agree with Dare_2_Defy, if he doesnt resign it will be to take time off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

i think he's just playing hardball to be honest - plus the E know what an asset he is i dont see vince letting him go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

He should take a break for a few months ala Jericho shouldn't take wwe long to realise just how much he adds to their product.I just hope he doesn't sign a extension and then get a short title reign to sweeten the deal. Like what Mysterio got when he wasn't allowed to take a break after smashing Taker's orbital bone in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

No
    ayatollah wrote: »
    i think he's just playing hardball to be honest - plus the E know what an asset he is i dont see vince letting him go.
    I do, Vince like his guys big and beefy, indy background, small, popular on the internet are all things that is against him for Vince as Vince did not build him up.

I'd say he'll not sign, do the odd RoH show or two and then return with in a year; I'd very surprised if he went to TNA though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I personally feel he's lost the spring in his step since S.E.S split up. He was thrown into a ****ty Nexus.

I'd love to see him freshen up the indy scene but he'll probably end up resigning with the WWE.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

No
    I answered yes. I think he'll stall for about 2 months after his contract runs out (extending it by a month, twice); and he'll re-sign, WWE 'caving' and having much bigger pay and keeping his own name.

He's a smart lad and WWE will realise that he's saved his money, he doesn't need WWE, he'd rather work the indies as CM Punk than getting the boot down the line and having to wrestle as CM Walker.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Id say he physically needs to take time away from the ring. If he were to say ask for 3 months off when his contract ends Im sure WWE wouldn't have a problem with it. Its not as if he's going to be going back to TNA.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I voted that he'll leave. I just think that, unless they promise him something big (like Stone Cold vs Punk at Mania) and start building him up properly for it, he'll go. He's been horribly misused since Jeff Hardy left to be honest and I can't help but feel he'd be the very one who would notice that....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I voted that he wont go anywhere because he would be the sort of guy whos gonna play hardball with the E.

I think that if he was serious about leaving he would not have replied to Austins tweet last week about him being underused. I also dont think he would have tweeted a few weeks ago when the 'news' broke saying "Anyone hear any good rumors lately?"

Personally i dont think he will leave.
    Maybe im letting my personal preference cloud my judgement here as i would find it hard to tune into wwe without him, and i dont want that to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Probably will but

clay-davis.gif?w=318&h=472

A proper feud with he and KENTA?

clay-davis-sheeeiiiiittt-150x150.gif

Mercy me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

He will stay but will probably get a better downside guarantee and more time off.

According to a good friend of his he is tired of living in airports.

Id say he physically needs to take time away from the ring. If he were to say ask for 3 months off when his contract ends Im sure WWE wouldn't have a problem with it. Its not as if he's going to be going back to TNA.

I'd agree with that. He needs the break as he didn't take enough time to recover from his injury last year. In reality he needed an operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,874 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No
    I hope he resigns he is best damn heel in the WWE currently and should be in the WWE title picture on Raw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I don't find the idea of him feuding with KENTA hugely appealing tbh, he doesn't particularly work a style that would be that suited to puro and his best strength, which is his personality and promo abilities would be wasted on a guy with little English. Having said that I'd love to see him back in ROH doing his stuff again, his little run as champ before he left was booking perfection. I'd love to see him and Cabana have a mega 6 month feud.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio is being advertised for WWE's July 30th RAW show in Rockford, Illinois. It's interesting to note that CM Punk is not being advertised for the show from his home state. It sounds like if Punk does leave WWE this Summer, it will be before the end of July.

http://nodq.com/wwe/308600079.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭glenjamin

According to WWE’s Live Event website, CM Punk is only scheduled to appear at television tapings and the Money in the Bank PPV after returning from the WWE World Tour in Australia on July 6th. All signs are indicating that he will be making an exit from WWE this summer.

The Straight Edge Superstar has not renewed his contract with WWE, so it appears that if he does indeed leave the company, it would be by the end of July.

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/309029516.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Repost

Advertisement