Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenge [** Spoilers **] ABC - US

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Wow, now that was a finale! Brilliant stuff.

The truth finally dawns on Jack, Emily gives up her secret, Declan becomes yet another Grayson casualty, Aiden may or may not be dead and Victoria's long-lost son finally makes an appearance (I'm guessing he's the guy in Takeda's photo...). Fantastic episode from start to finish.

Can't wait to see what happens in season 3 now. Poor Nolan always seems to get it in the neck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,274 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Wow, now that was a finale! Brilliant stuff.

The truth finally dawns on Jack, Emily gives up her secret, Declan becomes yet another Grayson casualty, Aiden may or may not be dead and Victoria's long-lost son finally makes an appearance (I'm guessing he's the guy in Takeda's photo...). Fantastic episode from start to finish.

Can't wait to see what happens in season 3 now. Poor Nolan always seems to get it in the neck :(

Might have been an idea to use spoilers, some of us haven't seen it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Your fault for coming into this thread in fairness... Every TV thread here works the same way. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 85,057 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Might have been an idea to use spoilers, some of us haven't seen it yet.

TBF finale has already aired

Poor Jack has lost the most :( but didn't expect Emily to tell him she is Amanda Clarke :eek:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    TBF finale has already aired

Poor Jack has lost the most :( but didn't expect Emily to tell him she is Amanda Clarke :eek:

I take it this thread isn't going at RTE pace then.

What's TBF?

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Your fault for coming into this thread in fairness... Every TV thread here works the same way. :o

Yeah well I didn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

I take it this thread isn't going at RTE pace then.

What's TBF?

This one is "Revenge" - RTE Pace [** Spoilers **] http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79301492

TBF = To be fair

TBF you have 11 posts in RTE Pace thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

This thread probably should have "US Pace" in the title like most other Us pace threads,someone not familiar might assume it is based on Irish pace,especially if they haven't seen the RTE thread.

Glad Emily told Jack who she really is, they could only drag that out so long. Poor Jack has gotten screwed the most, Nolan tends to take the brunt of it as well!

Ohhhh that Conrad is a slippery eel! :) Great he is back for series 3. He is just like Nidge from Love/Hate in a sense that you are almost rooting for his knieving skullduggery and the show would be at an awful loss without him.

I'm assuming that Daniel killed Aiden so. Did Aiden sell out Nolan to get out of jail or did they trace the programme back to Nolan?

I have to say apart from the paleness, Declan looked the most unscathed and healthiest bomb victim i have ever seen :rolleyes: Thankfully ive never been had the unfortunate experience of the devastation of the aftermath that a bomb does to those affected nor do i wish to neither but i'm assuming they wouldnt be sitting up in the bed talking normally and smiling as if they were just going into hospital for a routine bunion removal. That said, im open to correction on the matter but i would hazard a guess he would be a bit more immobile then that especially if it had damaged his vital organs.

Victoria knew immediately her son who she last seen as a baby :rolleyes: Amazing he could just walk up to the door of a high security mansion like that and just ring the bell :D A total stranger. Emily seems to come and go as she pleases also.

Speak of the mansion the lawn is savage. I think as children, when we all treated our backyards as if it was Wembley, etc; it is hardly to imagine that its a reality for some people. Bloody hell the gardener should be headhunted by Premier league clubs. Its quite a sight.

As for poor old Jack. Oh Jack, Jack, Jackie Jackie Jackie :rolleyes:....surely in gods name you had some inkling that the girl you used fancy the arse off a mere 17/18 years ago would more than likely grow up to be caucasian Emily Thorne then foreign looking Amanda Clarke.. I mean c'mon now Jack think about it....and put that gun down ffs or you'll injure yourself.

The big question i would have is whether David Clarke is alive or not. I reckon he is still alive personally

brian_t wrote: »
    This one is "Revenge" - RTE Pace [** Spoilers **] http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79301492

TBF = To be fair

TBF you have 11 posts in RTE Pace thread.

I got mixed up between the 2 threads, ok, I thought this was the one I was following.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

tvnutz wrote: »
    This thread probably should have "US Pace" in the title like most other Us pace threads,someone not familiar might assume it is based on Irish pace,especially if they haven't seen the RTE thread.

Glad Emily told Jack who she really is, they could only drag that out so long. Poor Jack has gotten screwed the most, Nolan tends to take the brunt of it as well!

Agreed, dunno why it hasen't been labeled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

3rd finale I've watched tonight. A very hit and miss season no doubt, but what a fúcking finale that was. Absolutely brilliant from start to finish - leaves it in a very strong place going into season 3, and a lot of the dead weight has been trimmed from the cast. I doubt it'll go longer than S3 IMO, so should end in some style.

Lets hope that these great cliffhangers don't let down like the Season 1 ones did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Finale rescued it a bit, at least they've gotten rid of that stupid 'Initiative' story line, and the whole Falcon thing was ridiculous. Hopefully a new show runner for next season might get it back to it's roots, such as they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

I watched the finale again, because it was that good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Am I the only one who thought the final was 'meh'?

I hate Nolan. I don't know if it's the actor or the character but he's just so over dramatic.

I hate Nolan. I don't know if it's the actor or the character but he's just so over dramatic.

:eek:

I love Nolan, I even think he was underused in Season 2

I wanted Daniel to die more than Aidan (still hope he is alive) and Declan

Nolan can be dramatic at times alright but i dont really mind him tbh. He was better in Series 1 but then again so was the whole show. Season 2 was just baffling.

Ashley Madekwe aka Ashley is leaving

I read somewhere that it could be some time before series 3 returns, maybe something like 12 months I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It's the character. Gabriel Mann has done quieter roles too e.g. Danny Zorn in The Bourne Supremacy. He was the young CIA agent who (after examining some evidence) suspected that Bourne was being framed - which got him killed by Ward Abbott (Brian Cox).

I've just watched the S2 final 2-parter, and I'm particularly intrigued by the possibilities for S3, many of which start with the fact that Conrad Grayson is now Governor of New York:
    - Grayson Global is wiped out (literally and financially), so the Graysons will want to get money from somewhere. Not that they'll be going poor, not with the new job and a large Hamptons estate that's easily worth $7figures.
    - But I note that Conrad was explicit in what his new job will mean: a chance to triple his wealth, he says. So, I suspect he already has some ideas for a new "Initiative" and some suitably sleazy corruption. As Governor he'll be in a very influential position indeeed. From Wikipedia:
    The governor has a duty to enforce state laws, and the power to either approve or veto bills passed by the New York State Legislature, to convene the legislature, and to grant pardons, except in cases of treason and impeachment.
    The governor of New York is often considered a potential candidate for President. Ten governors have been major-party candidates for president, and six - including Martin Van Buren, Grover Cleveland, Theodore Roosevelt, and Franklin D. Roosevelt - have won.

Logically, the location will move from the Hamptons to Albany, in upstate New York. This is the real Governor's Mansion:

MANSION1-articleLarge.jpg
    Looks a bit Addams Family to me. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ashley Madekwe aka Ashley is leaving

no big loss

no big loss

Ah I don't know, I think Ashley redeemed herself in the last few episodes.

Delighted Declan is gone though, he was an annoying character who served no useful purpose in the storyline.

One more thing that has me wondering: if the whole Carrion story ends up in the hands of the FBI (if Nolan spills it), that has implications for Conrad Grayson too. Carrion links the blackout to the Amanda Clarke Foundation, a.k.a. the Graysons' scheme for laundering their assets and hiding them from the authorities.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

I read somewhere that it could be some time before series 3 returns, maybe something like 12 months I think.

Ah here. They are doing very well to keep people tuned in as it is and avoiding the show being shelved altogether at the same time. Really pushing our patience if you ask me and to be honest mine has run out.

bnt wrote: »
    One more thing that has me wondering: if the whole Carrion story ends up in the hands of the FBI (if Nolan spills it), that has implications for Conrad Grayson too. Carrion links the blackout to the Amanda Clarke Foundation, a.k.a. the Graysons' scheme for laundering their assets and hiding them from the authorities.

I think Aidan ended up being the sacrificed lamb there though

I'm pretty sure Season 3 will start on Sept 2013

I think Aidan ended up being the sacrificed lamb there though
    Not as far as I can tell: the FBI let Aidan go, sating "the focus of our investigation has shifted", and then they arrested Nolan. Hmmm ...

bnt wrote: »
    Not as far as I can tell: the FBI let Aidan go, sating "the focus of our investigation has shifted", and then they arrested Nolan. Hmmm ...

True enough. Sure only a few weeks ago i asked if Aiden had sold Nolan out what am i thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

Totally cast to be some kind of love interest for Emily lol. I hope they do something good with this Patrick thing apart from just inevitably having him hook up with or attempt to hook up with Emily.

Advertisement