Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenge [** Spoilers **] ABC - US

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

As long as they can milk a show for ratings and advertising revenue networks don't care about storylines or long term plots, its the writers jobs to keep the show going if the network thinks it can continue to make money. There is nothing artistic or high brow about TV shows like there is about say indie movies. All TV shows have to do is generate viewers and income for the channel. Hence why most network shows (ABC, FOX, CBS, NBC) get flogged to death with only a small few bowing out earlier than might be thought. Also explains why reality tv is so lucrative, no writers need to be paid so the budget is so much smaller with similar or even greater advertising revenues.

The crew at Knots Landing for example knew the network might want another one or two seasons with some budget cuts so the show was wrapped up some what earlier since the team weren't willing to make the cuts as the show had suffered massive production cuts already. That rarely happens these days, they milk shows till the bitter end now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Another poor episode and even the endings arent interesting like they were, this should had been a one season and done program imo, will keep watching but wont miss it at all.

As I said no way does any TV network want a one season show. It was never going to be one or two seasons. If viewing figures stayed high they would keep pushing it regardless of content. I'd imagine it'll be a 4 season show and that extra season will probably be only made for syndication reasons.

I actually liked Emily being Nolan's helper for a change. Season 2 for the most part sucked I'm happy this season just went back to the Hamptons and became more basic, it had gotten all conspiracy theory crazy in S2 when its actually just a soap opera for the 21st century a lá Knots Landing.

top episode, the best since the first season with great twists! 3 weeks until the next one though!

Amazing episode, I literally died at the end when she walked from the shadows. LOVE IT.

How will they explain this lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Yeah it was a better episode, loved the line from Nolan, 'Dont Brag after a Shag' Unexpected to see her back
    I thought she was dead?

But what was the point in that little personal thing regarding Charlotte, as it didnt come to anything :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,309 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think they sign posted the return to be honest when the name was mentioned eariler in the episode. But a good twist.

Yeah I agree mentioning the name was suggestive particularly since a SHOCK was expected this episode although must say I still thought it could have been Emily's Mother or Ashley.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

But what was the point in that little personal thing regarding Charlotte, as it didnt come to anything :rolleyes:

It meant that Aidan got access to charlotte's laptop so he could order the murder weapon for Emily from it, somehow framing Victoria.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

With 2 more shows from Dec 8th, it then takes a 3mth Winter Break!
    & this is the schedule i saw when it comes back & moving into a new slot, what does that tell you & look at the name of the show thats taking its old timeslot.
    Sunday, Mar. 9
    9 p.m. - 'Resurrection (New 'Les Revenants' style "zombie" drama about people who return from the dead, seemingly unchanged since the day that they died)
    10 p.m. - 'Revenge' (As you might have noticed, 'Resurrection' is inhabiting 'Revenge's usual 9 p.m. timeslot, requiring the veteran drama to make the jump to 10 p.m. following its winter break)

• Advertisement

Winter Olympics always screws up the schedules since no channel wants to compete. Same in 2010 had to wait ages for shows because of an extended winter break.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Hi guys, I know this is an old thread, don't wanna read through it in case I come across any spoilers :)

Start watching Revenge the other day and pretty much binge watched about 10 episodes in 2 days, LOVED it. The next 5 episodes have gone steadily downhill though, and I see that there's another 2 seasons after it? Is it worth my while to finish the season? Are 2 and 3 worth watching at all? At the moment it just seems tedious. Like c'mon emily stop faffing around and get on with the vengeance plz

rawn wrote: »
    Hi guys, I know this is an old thread, don't wanna read through it in case I come across any spoilers :)

Start watching Revenge the other day and pretty much binge watched about 10 episodes in 2 days, LOVED it. The next 5 episodes have gone steadily downhill though, and I see that there's another 2 seasons after it? Is it worth my while to finish the season? Are 2 and 3 worth watching at all? At the moment it just seems tedious. Like c'mon emily stop faffing around and get on with the vengeance plz

I would definitely finish out the first season and see from there. Great finale and plenty more interesting stories to come. Not going to lie to you, thought season 2 was below par at best but this season is better again but not back at season ones level yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Roll on next week's mid season finale, some good lines from Conrad

that was a top notch episode in fairness, next week should be very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

seriously that plan would have never worked ha :P

So Daniel was the shooter :eek: I hope Emily's amnesia is fake

absolutely delighted with that ending to be honest, long time coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Not sure where they're going to go from here, tbh.

Victoria, Lydia and now Daniel all know that Emily is not who she says she is. Conrad and Charlotte will also soon presumably know.

How will Emily explain the photograph, the fake pregnancy and the general deceit, not to mention Aiden chloroforming Victoria right before Daniel shot her??!

Apparantly, the next episode teaser implies that
    Emily has amnesia (or pretends to have).
    How that would make any difference at this stage, I don't know.

• Advertisement

Yeah should be interesting, although I don't think anyone will know Aiden was there, he came at Victoria from behind and we are supposed to believe Daniel only heard the convo between Emily and Victoria and didn't see or hear Aiden.

Seems Lydia will be almost a main character then for the remainder of the series with her all cozy with Conrad and knowing about Emily.

That spoiler makes a difference cause they'll likely think Victoria was still the shooter.

I would have been fine with that being the last episode tbh, or maybe one episode to wrap it all up.

decent enough episode last night, Madeleine Stowe was brilliant, conrad very watered down lately but seems like he might be getting back to his old self.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I'm loosing interest tbh.....

Rfrip wrote: »
    I'm loosing interest tbh.....

dont blame you, this has to be the last season

awful episode again last night, really struggling to stick with this now, never gave up on a show but this is pushing me very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Raf32 wrote: »
    awful episode again last night, really struggling to stick with this now, never gave up on a show but this is pushing me very close.

Really? I think il just watch the end of this season n skip the next few episodes

Rfrip wrote: »
    Really? I think il just watch the end of this season n skip the next few episodes

ya you wouldnt have missed anything really, they are just going around the long way to the conclusion in this episode and probably the next few. next one not until march so hopefully it comes back vastly improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I really really really hope this is the last season.

I wonder where its going with Emily playing the social crawling ladder.

I still really want her and Jack to end up together somehow....

• Advertisement

Well holy god Conrad and Emily wtf I hope they didn't do the deed yikes

Advertisement