Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenge [** Spoilers **] ABC - US

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

So is
    the white haired man's piece of fluff Emily's mother?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

So is
    the white haired man's piece of fluff Emily's mother?

Looks like it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Of course no-one can
    stand near a railing without going over it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Starting to wish they never introduced Emily's mother. This storyline is boring me to tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭poppet84

So her mom is evil!!and tried to kill her!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trendy88

Jeez the mother is bat**** crazy! And Poor Fauxmanda, she's pretty irritating but still I'd hate to see her killed off. I guess she'll prob be in a coma for a while to come or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

i'm liking season 2, i like how it's fast paced and there's shocks in every episode-despite how unrealistic these are (
    amanda falling over the bannister when a check is pulled off her would be one :P
    )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Of course no-one can
    stand near a railing without going over it

;) ...it's classic soap opera stuff :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm not as comfy with the show this season either. I think this week's episode might be getting things back on track but
    Fauxmanda's coma
    just reminded me of the BS that got pulled in Dynasty and Dallas in the 80's. That whole sequence felt particularly Soapy. I kind of miss Victoria & Emily squaring off against each other directly. I'm still enjoying the show but it's not my go-to viewing in quite the same way it was last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

It has lost its appeal for me too so far this season. Not too sure if i'll bother sticking with it for much longer. Pity as I loved season 1 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

They could have made a really good, really tight one-season show but there's this reluctance in American tv to ever do that.

I'm still enjoying it, to be honest. Once you embrace the old-fashioned soapiness of it (I actually rolled me eyes at the
    coma thing
    ) it's good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

poppet84 wrote: »
    So her mom is evil!!and tried to kill her!!:eek:

yeah I dont quite believe that...my thinking is that maybe
    someone was after them and she was trying to hide Emily

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

Anyone else finding it's getting a bit strange at this point when Emily is using Amanda when she's speaking to Fauxmanda? Anyone else also having problems with the fact that Fauxmanda is being completley set up as the real Amanda, even in the eyes of Charlotte? It's kind of getting silly. Fauxmanda being introduced initially was great initially in that it was a means to an end and was all very tightly managed. Letting her linger on like a bad smell is just adding to the silliness of the plot this season.

I'll put it this way. Last season Revenge looked like a smart show for smart people with a nod to 80's soap. This year it looks like an 80's soap with a small nod to a smarter audience.

Ive looked forward to this series but so far its a bit of an anticlimax tbh. The yanks being the yanks will take this otherwise decent series with loads of promise, down a mad road
    If i was to bet who got Fauxmanda up the spout i would think Aidan the Brit after Mr Takeya took her off for her hiatus.

The Grayson's reminds me of the Irish Govt the way they weasel out of everything. I think Conrad is absolutely brilliant. A true villain. You would get the impression that behind all his greed and his self verification that the main motivational factor is to make his father proud
    I would hope that that father and son team of rats trying to con Jack and Declan out of the pub will get their comeuppance. I think Emily will foil their plan and they will suffer big time.

I will stay with it but if it keeps veering off i might have to decide if i have better things to do of a monday evening (when i get to download it)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The story so far = a complete shambles.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Treadwell knows everything and agrees to go to jail must be expecting a big pay day or new novel ideas :rolleyes:

Not sure if Emily can truly trust Aiden

ejmaztec wrote: »
    The story so far = a complete shambles.:(

It's lost ALOT of traction and fandom since season 2 started, i think what people said at the start of season 1 was true....the premise only lends itself to a season, not multiple.

The takedown of the week was great but they had to drop that and stretch it out, season 1 was superb...it regenerated the soap genre, but this season has been woeful.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    They could have made a really good, really tight one-season show but there's this reluctance in American tv to ever do that.

I'm still enjoying it, to be honest. Once you embrace the old-fashioned soapiness of it (I actually rolled me eyes at the
    coma thing
    ) it's good fun.

Bang on Fouxy....

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

i think i'm the only one here actually enjoying season 2 xD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I've only watched up as far as ep 6 but it's not back until the 25th, so i'll have time to watch the next one.
    I dont know about the extra characters 'jumping the gun' springs to mind, as they dont add anything great to the story, as they're stretching it out.
    Aidan feels out of place at times & sometimes the acting is stiff.
    Kara Clarke is just creepy & lost at times & Fauxmanda
    recovering after a coma, after falling of a bannister

There's not enough backstabbing done as it's been pulled back by lame stories, but here's hoping;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Just watched ep 8 and I'm feeling pretty 'meh' about the whole season 2. I think it has really lost its way :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I've just watched the first episode of this, and..... does it get better?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

cloud493 wrote: »
    I've just watched the first episode of this, and..... does it get better?

Season 1 or 2?

If you didn't like season 1 ep 1 then you won't like any of it.

If you mean season 2 then unfrotunatley no :( Season 2 has been the biggest let down...i really feel now it should have been a one series show. There has only been one ep so far in season two that goes backs to the roots of season 1 with emily getting revenge. The way it is going now Emily doesn't need to get revenge...the graysons are destroying themselves without her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

season 1. That one with the english accent is so annoying :mad:

Oh! dear!....mideseason finale did not go down well on the interwebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

Oh! dear!....mideseason finale did not go down well on the interwebs.

Apart from a blip for the fourth episode every week has lost viewers.

Surely it's not too early to call it. Cancelled after this series ??

brian_t wrote: »
    Apart from a blip for the fourth episode every week has lost viewers.

Surely it's not too early to call it. Cancelled after this series ??

way too early, think its safe for a third season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm delighted Ashley is finally gone!I really really didn't like her and sure Aiden replaces her British accent perfectly.

I still like the show but I find the Innitiative stuff to be a bit confusing they always seem so vague.

If it goes to a third series i think ill give up on it tbh. Dragging the absolute sh*te out of it as it is and at the same time not really going anywhere with the story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

It's starting to remind me of Prison Break at this stage- "the Company" was introduced and phased in to prison Break in the same way that "the Initiative" are being phased into Revenge.

Lets just introduce a shady power crazy covert organisation as a new foe for the protagonist in a bid to squeeze a few extra seasons out of a show. Prison Break was excellent until they deviated from the original intended two season story line of the show. They seem to be making the same mistakes with Revenge.

Actually; another mistake Prison Break made was to introduce a mother who had been presumed to be deceased all along, only to reveal said mother to be a psycho. Prison Break for a finish was a muddled mess of double crossing and people changing sides and so on.

Revenge can be saved if season two is the final season. A third season would kill it stone dead.

Advertisement