Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poisoned by our own government!!!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

33 wrote: »
    My feeling towards flouride is that it is a kind of sedative

Thats certainly interesting. What makes you believe that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Thats certainly interesting. What makes you believe that?
    Google
    >Hitler and flouride

The "Nazis used flouride" claim has been made numerous times, but this claim is throughly undocumented and therefore carries no weight.

It's mostly attributed to a man called Charles E Perkins in a book he wrote called The Truth about Water Fluoridation. However, said book contains no reference to the Nazis at all, but rather he claims it's a communist plot.
    But he fail to detail this in any way, he simply states it as a fact and moves on.

The other variations on the tale have it coming from a letter by Mr Perkins (said letter can be found in the first quarter of the page located here) and this time he does mention the Nazis, but, once again, there is no evidence to back this up, simply he states that
    "I was told of this entire scheme by a German chemist who was an official of the great I.G. Farben chemical industries and was also prominent in the Nazi movement at the time."
    Interesting, but hardly compelling.

Also - article cited "The Crime and Punishment of I.G. Farben" as a source on the use of fluoride by the nazis. The book is available and searchable on google books, however the words fluoride fluoridation or sodium fluoride don't appear anywhere in the book.

So, this particular aspect of the fluoridation controversy is, as far as i can see, false.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

The "Nazis used flouride" claim has been made numerous times, but this claim is throughly undocumented and therefore carries no weight.

It's mostly attributed to a man called Charles E Perkins in a book he wrote called The Truth about Water Fluoridation. However, said book contains no reference to the Nazis at all, but rather he claims it's a communist plot.
    But he fail to detail this in any way, he simply states it as a fact and moves on.

The other variations on the tale have it coming from a letter by Mr Perkins (said letter can be found in the first quarter of the page located here) and this time he does mention the Nazis, but, once again, there is no evidence to back this up, simply he states that
    "I was told of this entire scheme by a German chemist who was an official of the great I.G. Farben chemical industries and was also prominent in the Nazi movement at the time."
    Interesting, but hardly compelling.

Also - article cited "The Crime and Punishment of I.G. Farben" as a source on the use of fluoride by the nazis. The book is available and searchable on google books, however the words fluoride fluoridation or sodium fluoride don't appear anywhere in the book.

So, this particular aspect of the fluoridation controversy is, as far as i can see, false.

Even if true it's all moot obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Jesus, people will believe anything they read on the net, as long as it has a domain name and some sort of word like "organization" in it. That site is just a crappy wordpress site anyone could do, and every single article is solely to do with fluoride.

It is exactly the same as all those sites who proclaim to be about health etc but all they have are articles about how aspartame will kill you/ rape you.

Jesus wept

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Talk E

Spunge wrote: »
    That site is just a crappy wordpress site anyone could do.

Yeah!! Sock it to em !! FOOLS !!

There is a link there about the EU cracking down on herbal remedies tho..:o

As far as that goes - i agree with that particular EU directive.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Treora

33 wrote: »
    My feeling towards flouride is that it is a kind of sedative, where's the "Fighting Irish" gone?, maybe down the drain!

+1

An notice how the language barrier keeps the lack of balanced, deep and intense scientific scrutiny in the English speaking world at bay. [large parts, though not all, of the UK use or are constantly lobbied for FW]

who-dmft.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

I guess the basic thing is that we dont often know whats in our food or water or perhaps what the effects are. By right, if there is government interference with our essentials such a food (GM's, E', Salts etc), water and drink (flouride, arsenic, aspertame, etc) and air ( I've heard things mentioned on chemtrails ) then there should be full independant analysis hosted.
    To say its true or false on any of these is a bit much considering we were'nt involved in any of these processes or the research. I think its fine to be concerned about what goes into food and water.
    On the flouride issue they are putting a chemical in the water against peoples consent. The reason is something to do with dental hygene. Shouldnt people have to right to take responsibility for their own teeth while also having the right to chemical free water?
    Considering the fact that our governments have f*cked us in the past whats to say they wouldnt f*ck with the water?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭macco66

shanered wrote: »
    What do you expect, nearly like everything they say pre-election cannot be counted on at all once in power

It's not the fact that they failed to enact once in power. It's the fact that a political party, who consequently came to power, had these views on the use of sodium fluoride in the Country's drinking water.

Were the Green Party paranoid kooks or grossly misinformed as well then?

• Advertisement

macco66 wrote: »

If they were looking to change the practice of fluoridating Ireland's water on the basis that it is a sedative, is lowering the IQs of Irish people, is a major health risk or any combination of the above then, in my opinion, they'd be grossly misinformed kooks.

If their objection stemmed from the ethical implications of mass medication of the populace without there being a reasonable alternative for those who wish to opt out then they'd be on more solid ground.

If people seriously want an end to the practice of fluoridating water then they'd be better served arguing on the ethical implications then engaging in reductio ad Hitlerum

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

macco66 wrote: »
    It's not the fact that they failed to enact once in power. It's the fact that a political party, who consequently came to power, had these views on the use of sodium fluoride in the Country's drinking water.

Did someone not put a link on the first page showing that its not sodium fluoride in the water?

As for us being one of the few EU countries that do it, as far as I can see we are also the ones that actually drink from the tap. I dont know off hand of any of my family or other people I know in Germany that drink the tap water. They all buy bottled and look at me a bit odd for drinking from the tap. They dont seem to see the tap water as particularly nice. People are also told not to get ice in some meditaranian countries because the tap water isnt drinkable either. I got cramps for a few hours before in Spain myself when the only variable seemed to be tap water. Anecdotal, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Did someone not put a link on the first page showing that its not sodium fluoride in the water?

As for us being one of the few EU countries that do it, as far as I can see we are also the ones that actually drink from the tap. I dont know off hand of any of my family or other people I know in Germany that drink the tap water. They all buy bottled and look at me a bit odd for drinking from the tap. They dont seem to see the tap water as particularly nice. People are also told not to get ice in some meditaranian countries because the tap water isnt drinkable either. I got cramps for a few hours before in Spain myself when the only variable seemed to be tap water. Anecdotal, but still.

The reasoning I've heard is that the local water will have a different mineral content which mightn't be agreeable to a foreigner's digestive system.

Advertisement