Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poisoned by our own government!!!

Options
  • 20-05-2011 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

For the past 47 years, the Irish Government have been adding fluoride to our drinking water, and making us sick.
    Sound crazy? It's crazy alright, but true unfortunately.
    So maybe im exaggerating about the dangers of fluoride? Well every single country in Europe has banned the stuff, so whats so different about us? Does it not cause cancer and osteoporosis in Irish people? It does! It also lowers the IQ in young children.
    If you are not familiar with this serious issue, please don't start an argument.
    I want the Irish people to wake up and know their rights. You CANNOT be drugged against your will!
    I have put this website together which highlights some of the most credible sources.
    Please spread the word and lets get the F out NOW!!
    Peace.

http://irishfluoridescandal.org/videos/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I drink loads of tap water and never get sick. So I'm fine with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

I luv drnking tap wter and i dnt thnk it has lwered my IQ or my splling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

DanDan6592 wrote: »

Not everyone will get sick though. I would prefer it wasn't in our water.

Is there any other EU countries that use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I know it's a common thing in the US, Canada, Australia,... but apparently Ireland is the only EU country doing it, which is odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I know it's a common thing in the US, Canada, Australia,... but apparently Ireland is the only EU country doing it, which is odd.

Look at the great teeth the Americans have !

And they're always slagging the Brits about having bad teeth ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Conspiracy theories>>>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 reallyoriginal

i fully agree. They do put it in the water apparently to help teeth (thats what they say) though there is reams of evidence proving it harms teeth just like sugar. Check tooth paste and you will find both ingredients. Fluoride is deadly that is why it says that children use only a pea size amount because if a small child swallowed a lot of tooth paste it would KILL them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

mute101 wrote: »
    Does it not cause cancer
    No, it appears that it does not.
    http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/publications/fluoride_drinking_water_full.pdf
    in spite of the large number of studies conducted in a number of countries, there is no consistent evidence to demonstrate any association between the consumption of controlled fluoridated drinking-water and either morbidity or mortality from cancer (USPHS, 1991; USNRC, 1993; WHO, 1996; IPCS, 2002).
    and osteoporosis in Irish people?
    I think you mean skeletal fluorosis. And no, there is no evidence to support this claim.
    It also lowers the IQ in young children.
    No, there is no evidence to support this claim either.
    If you are not familiar with this serious issue, please don't start an argument.
    I am. I am also familiar with the clear economic effects of adding Fluorides to the public water supply in reducing dental caries and maintaining dental health. From a public expenditure point of view, we should be glad of it.

Perhaps you ought to read this guide
    http://www.bfsweb.org/One%20in%20a%20million/4%20general%20health.pdf

you quoted the world health organisation and the united nations quite a few times there. Look up the evidence put forward by the National health foundation. i do not have the links to it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Sound crazy?

Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

please exit the forum and return when you have scientific proof and documented evidence to support your claims.

(a little bit of knowledge os a dangerous thing)

Ps. I'm not affiliated with any organisation or group promoting or claiming flouride in water is dangerous.

The so-called ''National Health Foundation'' campaign on this issue. If you want to engage with the topic on an objective and evidential basis, using academic research, that's fine. But you cannot call the ''National Health Foundation'' objective, based on its campaigning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

For the past 47 years, the Irish Government have been adding fluoride to our drinking water, and making us sick.
    So maybe im exaggerating about the dangers of fluoride? Well every single country in Europe has banned the stuff, so whats so different about us? Does it not cause cancer and osteoporosis in Irish people? It does! It also lowers the IQ in young children.
    I want the Irish people to wake up and know their rights. You CANNOT be drugged against your will!
    I have put this website together which highlights some of the most credible sources.
    Peace.

Yet another mind falls by the wayside, rolling in the muck of ignorance and hysteria. The train keeps on truckin to the future without you.

http://www.sovereignindependent.com/?p=18003

says how dangerous flouride is

http://www.sovereignindependent.com/?p=18911

both of these quote the National Health Foundation

And someone should counter what i said earlier on tooth paste if they can

both of these quote the National Health Foundation

I can't seem to find any information about this National Health Foundation. You'd think if it wasn't just bullshit made up by someone that they'd have a website or something...

Edit: Haha, I found it! It's actually the National Health Federation. It calls itself an international organisation...but it's name is national. That's pretty strange.
    http://www.thenhfireland.com/

My favourite part though...they don't know how to spell organisation. And no, I'm not talking about the American 'z'. Take a look:
    R04Rb.jpg

That's right, it's a very trustworthy 'orginization'.

Why is it that cultists and conspiracy theorists can never spell correctly?

Zillah wrote: »
    I can't seem to find any information about this National Health Foundation. You'd think if it wasn't just bullshit made up by someone that they'd have a website or something...

wow you looked hard
    http://www.thenhfireland.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

From their website:
    • In the 1960s we coordinated a major drive to help chiropractors become legally licensed in over 40 states.
    • In the 1970s we waged very successful campaigns against fluoridation.
    • In the 1980s we pushed through legislative recognition of acupuncture.
    • In the 1990s we lobbied to pass the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act S-784, fought malathion spraying, promoted public education on the dangers of vaccinations, and continued fighting the fluoridation battle.
    I would suggest they should rebrand as the International Precious Bodily Fluid Foundation.

I found it thanks. No thanks to you getting the name wrong of course. The plot thickens: They have an interview with Joseph Mercola, a notorious crack-pot who doesn't agree with vaccination or prescription medication.

Oh dear oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

So maybe im exaggerating about the dangers of fluoride?

Yes, yes you are.
    Well every single country in Europe has banned the stuff,

No they haven't. Some supplies in the UK are treated, Belgium has law supporting it but has not been implemented, National Health Board of Denmark is in favour and a small percentage of Spain has fluoridated water.
    i fully agree. They do put it in the water apparently to help teeth (thats what they say) though there is reams of evidence proving it harms teeth just like sugar.

Really? Could you quote which scientific papers state that? According to a meta-analysis carried out by The Cochrane Collaboration
    Plain language summary

Fluoride toothpastes for preventing dental caries in children and adolescents

Children who brush their teeth at least once a day with a toothpaste that contains fluoride will have less tooth decay.
    Tooth decay (dental caries) is painful, expensive to treat and can sometimes lead to serious damage to teeth. Fluoride is a mineral that prevents tooth decay. The review of trials found that children aged 5 to 16 years who used a fluoridated toothpaste had fewer decayed, missing and filled permanent teeth after three years (regardless of whether their drinking water was fluoridated). Twice a day use increases the benefit. No conclusion could be reached about the risk that using fluoride toothpastes could mottle teeth (fluorosis), an effect of chronic ingestion of excessive amounts of fluoride when children are young.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/o/cochrane/clsysrev/articles/CD002278/frame.html

For those who don't know much about The Cochrane Collaboration, they take a number of studies and look at the data independently of those that carried it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I dont believe the US puts in fluoride at nearly the same concentration levels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Peace.

i fully agree. They do put it in the water apparently to help teeth (thats what they say) though there is reams of evidence proving it harms teeth just like sugar. Check tooth paste and you will find both ingredients. Fluoride is deadly that is why it says that children use only a pea size amount because if a small child swallowed a lot of tooth paste it would KILL them.

It was only when I read these posts that I realised that there might be some truth in the bit in bold. Either its flouride or something else causing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Why does Ireland have more fluoride in its water than a whole host of other countries?

if a small child swallowed a lot of tooth paste it would KILL them.
    Tapwater contains about 1ppm Fluoride
    http://www.dentalhealth.ie/faqs/

My AquaFresh toothpaste has about 1400ppm of Fluorides.

See the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The argument of the 'dangers' of water fluoridation really draw attention away from the logical arguments against it.. ie. that medicating everyone to alleviate problems faced by a few, is not right.

Here's a couple of studies which suggest that the cessation of water fluoridation has little effect on the incidence of dental cavities -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9758426
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10601780

A list of foodstuffs which contain fluoride (pdf) -

http://www.ars.usda.gov/SP2UserFiles/Place/12354500/Data/Fluoride/F02.pdf

That, together with the fact that people have easier access to dentistry and other medical support today, as opposed to 50 odd years ago when water fluoridation was introduced, should make anyone question why exactly the mass medication of water supplies is still necessary in 2011 just to protect the tiny minority who simply refuse to look after themselves... And yet those who dare to question that are the ones called irrational, or accused of ignoring facts?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

30 pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭whiteonion

I'm against fluoridation of water mainly because it's forced medication. Why should people who don't want fluoride in their tap water have to?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

whiteonion wrote: »
    I'm against fluoridation of water mainly because it's forced medication. Why should people who don't want fluoride in their tap water have to?

I'm sure you'll be met with the "it's not forced" reply.. the "you're free to not drink tap-water" refutation..

yeah, some people have an odd way of defining 'freedom'..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

DanDan6592 wrote: »

Good for you. It must be ok so. Storm in a teacup guys. Panic over.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

this sounds more real to life than a conspiracy should be..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 GalwayAnnie

Please read this report before coming out with such rubbish. This Forum was set to review virtually every scientific paper of any worth on the subject.

http://www.fluoridationforum.ie/forum_reports2.htm

A quote from final report:

of more significance might be comparative study of dental caries in Dublin, where the water is fluoridated and Glasgow, where the water is not fluoridated. The similar demographic structure and similar levels of deprivation facilitated meaningful comparisons to be made. There was a difference of 45% in the level of dental caries between the two cities indicating that there was significantly more dental decay in the non-fluoridated city.

Fluoridation helps the less advantaged children substantially more than the more advantaged, those that might not regularly wash their teeth and therefore their ownly exposure to fluorine is in the water supply.

Advertisement