Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poisoned by our own government!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

Please read this report before coming out with such rubbish. This Forum was set to review virtually every scientific paper of any worth on the subject.

http://www.fluoridationforum.ie/forum_reports2.htm

A quote from final report:

of more significance might be comparative study of dental caries in Dublin, where the water is fluoridated and Glasgow, where the water is not fluoridated. The similar demographic structure and similar levels of deprivation facilitated meaningful comparisons to be made. There was a difference of 45% in the level of dental caries between the two cities indicating that there was significantly more dental decay in the non-fluoridated city.

Fluoridation helps the less advantaged children substantially more than the more advantaged, those that might not regularly wash their teeth and therefore their ownly exposure to fluorine is in the water supply.

You'll have to do better than that to dissuade me from insisting my children don't drink from the tap. So you're saying that i should expose my children to a potential poison just because some parents don't bother to get their kids to brush?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

the fluoride compound is a toxic by-product waste from the fertiliser

manufacturing industry in the Netherlands. Sodium Hexafluoride (correct me i'm wrong). No other country will accept it,

so how do the Dutc h conveniently dispose of it?

Yes, they send it to us! hmph!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

To put it simply, according to the Leaving Cert chemistry book, the Fluoride we put into our tap water is Sodium Fluoride...
    This is Sodium Fluoride...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

sup_dude wrote: »
    To put it simply, according to the Leaving Cert chemistry book, the Fluoride we put into our tap water is Sodium Fluoride...

Hexafluorosilicic acid is what's used in Ireland.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article4968462.ece

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

The worst part of all this is that it is not a conspiracy theory at all but the government have normal people not believing that the water is safe to drink and in 2 years they are going to charge us for water that is full of Poison.
    mute101 wrote: »
    For the past 47 years, the Irish Government have been adding fluoride to our drinking water, and making us sick.
    Sound crazy? It's crazy alright, but true unfortunately.
    So maybe im exaggerating about the dangers of fluoride? Well every single country in Europe has banned the stuff, so whats so different about us? Does it not cause cancer and osteoporosis in Irish people? It does! It also lowers the IQ in young children.
    If you are not familiar with this serious issue, please don't start an argument.
    I want the Irish people to wake up and know their rights. You CANNOT be drugged against your will!
    I have put this website together which highlights some of the most credible sources.
    Please spread the word and lets get the F out NOW!!
    Peace.

http://irishfluoridescandal.org/videos/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Its worked too, Just have a good look around and think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Sparticle

sup_dude wrote: »

And if you did Chemistry you would also realise the dosage makes the poison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Talk E

I have been taking fluoride my whole life and i'm grand, I support it :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Treora

Talk E wrote: »
    I have been taking fluoride my whole life and i'm grand, I support it :D:D:D

Fair enough, but why pay twice for it.

Ireland buys enough fluoride toothpaste for a population 4 times its size, but we are never trained properly and consistantly to use it. The US, UK and most other countries have a state run oral hygiene education week. Most European countries have a daily class at tooth brushing for every 6 year old. Ireland has one day.

The €6+ million we pay to buy the stuff is less than 20% of the administration, storage, transport, maintenance, operations, testing, insurance and HSE/local authority bureaucractic boards use to sustain this industry.

Irish dental authorities quote the WHO on water fluoridation, but the writers of the WHO reports are the same Irish dental experts and paid by the Irish government to run our dental research, create the dental students curriculum and teach all Irish dentists. Its a closed loop. Its like asking bankers to self regulate and hand out instructions to all new entrants "read these rules and don't question them".

These samed WHO experts / Irish government employees also say you don't need water fluoridation if there is high enough education as in Sweden.

http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutrientschap14.pdf Part V last paragraph - hugely important but a compromise paragraph for the Swedish author at his government's insistance. So rushed it has spelling errors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭conscious

Red lemonade is also banned in most european countries because it dyes the inside of your body! But Ireland are glad to sell it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

conscious wrote: »
    Red lemonade is also banned in most european countries because it dyes the inside of your body!
    Any source on that? And why should we care what colour we are inside? Are we worried about inverse racism? :)

Treora wrote: »
    Fair enough, but why pay twice for it.

Ireland buys enough fluoride toothpaste for a population 4 times its size, but we are never trained properly and consistantly to use it. The US, UK and most other countries have a state run oral hygiene education week. Most European countries have a daily class at tooth brushing for every 6 year old. Ireland has one day.

The €6+ million we pay to buy the stuff is less than 20% of the administration, storage, transport, maintenance, operations, testing, insurance and HSE/local authority bureaucractic boards use to sustain this industry.

Irish dental authorities quote the WHO on water fluoridation, but the writers of the WHO reports are the same Irish dental experts and paid by the Irish government to run our dental research, create the dental students curriculum and teach all Irish dentists. Its a closed loop. Its like asking bankers to self regulate and hand out instructions to all new entrants "read these rules and don't question them".

These samed WHO experts / Irish government employees also say you don't need water fluoridation if there is high enough education as in Sweden.

http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutrientschap14.pdf Part V last paragraph - hugely important but a compromise paragraph for the Swedish author at his government's insistance. So rushed it has spelling errors.

My last post was made by a fluoride junkey, dont listen to me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Any source on that? And why should we care what colour we are inside? Are we worried about inverse racism? :)

Some chemical used in making red lemonade is banned in Europe, but I think cause it causes cancer, not changes the colour of your insides, still goes down well with whiskey though :)

Aspertame ? Used in most diet and some non diet drinks.

Oh.. and the producers of bottled natural spring water are concerned about our teeth too, so they add fluoride to their bottled water. Nice of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,452 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not but surely its the first thing anyone who doesnt know anything about the topic should have a read of?
    http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/publications/fluoride_drinking_water_full.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Treora

Oh.. and the producers of bottled natural spring water are concerned about our teeth too, so they add fluoride to their bottled water. Nice of them :D

Some do, volvic sure doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Fluoride is a bad idea, its too simple. Just adding this optimally to water in perfectly safe amounts as proved by the last 40 years in many countries reduces the decay rate in half, especially in children than are at risk and dont get access to toothpaste and brushes. This has been shown by stupid logical and well executed studies between north and south ireland removing the confounding effect of the flouride halo and toothpaste, but best not to read these or at the very least discredit them as self serving.

I say get rid of it, I need to do more fillings (white ones they dont last as long and cost more) root canals and extractions to make my mortgage repayments. Ever since the government stopped paying me to place radio transmitters in peoples teeth (now they read peoples minds) income is down.

Revolt people......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Fluoride is deadly that is why it says that children use only a pea size amount because if a small child swallowed a lot of tooth paste it would KILL them.

No. Its because if they use more than a pea size amount then the foamy mouth it would give them would rival Santa Claus's beard.

As many people already know the commonly used sodium fluoride is extremely toxic, and contrary to most “medical professionals” it is not good for the human body. But if you have become health conscious and stopped drinking fluoridated water, your good right? Yes and No.

If you were raised in a community that fluoridates the water, it has built up in your system. Sodium fluoride is an accumulative poison. If you are like me, born and raised in a fluoridated city, it has built up in your body. Mainly in your bones, thyroid glad, and pineal gland. So how do you get that fluoride out of your system?
    That is a very complicated question. There is no 100% verified method of totally detoxing fluorides from your body. But there is several methods that I have used (along with many others), that can make a huge difference. For example: Joint pain disappearing, Chronic headaches gone, an ability to think clearer, and weight loss.
    Number one of coarse is to stop fluoride exposure as much as you can. Even though you may have stopped drinking it in your water, many preserved foods contain it.

Second is to start using a sauna regularly. Saunas expel many heavy metals and toxins (including fluoride) from your system. Third, getting enough sunlight daily plays a large role in detoxing the pineal gland. As well as getting enough time in the dark. Sounds strange I know. But the right balance of light and darkness helps to regulate the melatonin production (the main function of the pineal gland). Forth is getting enough exercise (which also helps regulate melatonin production). And fifth is doing a raw liver detox. The raw detox is were most people cringe and get turned away. But it is very simple and effective. All that you need to do is drink two cups of tea a day, cut back on preserved foods, and increase your intake of raw foods. Here is the tea recipe that I use.

* 1 thick slice of lemon
    * 1 piece of fresh ginger, 2/3″ long, peeled and bruised
    * 1 cup boiling water

Place lemon and ginger in cup. Add boiling water and leave to infuse for two minutes. Remove lemon and ginger and drink immediately.
    Using these five methods is very effective! But it is not a quick fix. It took all of that fluoride years to accumulate, and it will take years to get it all out. Everyone is different and can expect different results, but for myself I started to feel a large difference in 3 months. I have now been doing it for 3 years, and have felt great! I am at the point that if I drink a cup of coffee that contains fluoridated water, or eat a processed food that has fluoride, I become physically ill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Oh dear :D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Fluoride is a bad idea, its too simple. Just adding this optimally to water in perfectly safe amounts as proved by the last 40 years in many countries reduces the decay rate in half, especially in children than are at risk and dont get access to toothpaste and brushes. This has been shown by stupid logical and well executed studies between north and south ireland removing the confounding effect of the flouride halo and toothpaste, but best not to read these or at the very least discredit them as self serving.

I say get rid of it, I need to do more fillings (white ones they dont last as long and cost more) root canals and extractions to make my mortgage repayments. Ever since the government stopped paying me to place radio transmitters in peoples teeth (now they read peoples minds) income is down.

Revolt people......

Putting your smugness aside for a minute, are you a dentist? Or a spokesperson?

Surely a dentist would be aware of fluorosis?

This is what it looks like in case you don't know

dental_fluorosis-1063.jpg

Now to take the data from a one of the "logical and well executed studies"

Source: Dept. of Health and Children
    http://www.dohc.ie/publications/pdf/coral.pdf?direct=1
    Figure 18c: 15-year-olds

Full Fluoridated ROI %

Severe 1
    Moderate 1
    Mild 5
    Very Mild 10
    Questionable 19
    Normal 69

Non Fluoridated ROI %

Severe 0
    Moderate 0
    Mild 3
    Very Mild 4
    Questionable 10
    Normal 81

Here is data showing a year-on-year improvement in oral health in Sweden over a 13 year period. But Sweden's water has never been fluoridated. AHHHHHHH but how can that be............?
    swedft12y.jpg
    http://www.whocollab.od.mah.se/euro/sweden/data/swedft12y.html

This guy was the main reason the water was never fluoridated in Sweden a Dr Carlsson, a Nobel Prize winning scientist.

He says nations The Nations "that are using it should feel ashamed of themselves. It's against science."
    http://www.fluoridealert.org/carlsson-interview.html

Revolt people......

Care to address any of the points I raised in the following post, or are you happy enough to dwell on the ridiculous to prove your point? Bad science that!
    The argument of the 'dangers' of water fluoridation really draw attention away from the logical arguments against it.. ie. that medicating everyone to alleviate problems faced by a few, is not right.

Here's a couple of studies which suggest that the cessation of water fluoridation has little effect on the incidence of dental cavities -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9758426
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10601780

A list of foodstuffs which contain fluoride (pdf) -

http://www.ars.usda.gov/SP2UserFiles/Place/12354500/Data/Fluoride/F02.pdf

That, together with the fact that people have easier access to dentistry and other medical support today, as opposed to 50 odd years ago when water fluoridation was introduced, should make anyone question why exactly the mass medication of water supplies is still necessary in 2011 just to protect the tiny minority who simply refuse to look after themselves... And yet those who dare to question that are the ones called irrational, or accused of ignoring facts?!

Also, lmao at the bolded piece of your post. It's 2011 ffs.. is it not about time we began to ensure the people without access to toothpaste were given access.. you know, target the at-risk groups directly instead relying on a 50 year old practice to reduce slightly a problem experienced by a minority..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

As many people already know the commonly used sodium fluoride is extremely toxic, and contrary to most “medical professionals” it is not good for the human body. But if you have become health conscious and stopped drinking fluoridated water, your good right? Yes and No.

If you were raised in a community that fluoridates the water, it has built up in your system. Sodium fluoride is an accumulative poison. If you are like me, born and raised in a fluoridated city, it has built up in your body. Mainly in your bones, thyroid glad, and pineal gland. So how do you get that fluoride out of your system?
    That is a very complicated question. There is no 100% verified method of totally detoxing fluorides from your body. But there is several methods that I have used (along with many others), that can make a huge difference. For example: Joint pain disappearing, Chronic headaches gone, an ability to think clearer, and weight loss.
    Number one of coarse is to stop fluoride exposure as much as you can. Even though you may have stopped drinking it in your water, many preserved foods contain it.

Second is to start using a sauna regularly. Saunas expel many heavy metals and toxins (including fluoride) from your system. Third, getting enough sunlight daily plays a large role in detoxing the pineal gland. As well as getting enough time in the dark. Sounds strange I know. But the right balance of light and darkness helps to regulate the melatonin production (the main function of the pineal gland). Forth is getting enough exercise (which also helps regulate melatonin production). And fifth is doing a raw liver detox. The raw detox is were most people cringe and get turned away. But it is very simple and effective. All that you need to do is drink two cups of tea a day, cut back on preserved foods, and increase your intake of raw foods. Here is the tea recipe that I use.

* 1 thick slice of lemon
    * 1 piece of fresh ginger, 2/3″ long, peeled and bruised
    * 1 cup boiling water

Place lemon and ginger in cup. Add boiling water and leave to infuse for two minutes. Remove lemon and ginger and drink immediately.
    Using these five methods is very effective! But it is not a quick fix. It took all of that fluoride years to accumulate, and it will take years to get it all out. Everyone is different and can expect different results, but for myself I started to feel a large difference in 3 months. I have now been doing it for 3 years, and have felt great! I am at the point that if I drink a cup of coffee that contains fluoridated water, or eat a processed food that has fluoride, I become physically ill.

Detox drinks / kits etc is a myth, Boots admitted it in the House of Lords last year and it was debunked on some BBC docu last year that also debunked bacteria containing yogurts, only your kidneys can detox you

Just another Big "alternative medicine industry" money making marketing ploy not just Big pharma liberal with the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Lefticus Loonaticus

Water fluoridation is the same as using depleted uranium in ammunitions. Like the US during the first gulf war. The stuff is so hard to store and get rid of, might aswell just make bullets and bombs out of it and blast it all over the place. Have to get rid of it somhow.

The irish government and the dentists who back up this practice are complicit in a major crime against the irish people. Even if they think they are doing right, they are just full of bullsh1t and are trotting out the same old mantra, unable to understand or comprehend that we are one of the very few countries that still partakes in this scam.

Obviously theres some directive from dentist HQ and then the herd mentality kicks in. Since when do dentists have access to the public water supply to dump in whatever they want? Sure why not just give any gang any amount of access to some public service to play with it as they please.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

I'd rather not have it myself.
    I have heard that the topical application of flouride to teeth can have some small benefit, however ingesting it is supposedly of no real benefit to dental health.
    I have stopped using flouride toothpaste, and in the three years since I have had no more fillings, previously I was having fillings far too often. This might be circumstantial evidence and perculiar to me but in my experience I'm better of since I gave up using flouridated toothpaste.
    Surely people should at least be allowed to decide if they want these additives in their water?

There's also ongoing discussion as to whether or not Lithium should be added to water supplies. Apparently it reduces the incidence of suicide and therefore it's a good idea to give it to everyone.

Has the world completely and utterly lost the run of itself?!

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2009/05/lithium-in-drinking-water-has.html
    http://www.imt.ie/opinion/guests/2009/05/lithium-for-water-supply.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

There's also ongoing discussion as to whether or not Lithium should be added to water supplies. Apparently it reduces the incidence of suicide and therefore it's a good idea to give it to everyone.

Has the world completely and utterly lost the run of itself?!

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2009/05/lithium-in-drinking-water-has.html
    http://www.imt.ie/opinion/guests/2009/05/lithium-for-water-supply.html

Excellent and interesting articles, although the first discusses whether sub-clinical doses of Lithium have any effect on suicide rates at all and the second briefly discusses ethics of 'mass medication' folic acid in bread, calcium, iodine etc, it only then briefly touches on the subject of small doses of lithium having an effect on suicide.

According to those two articles, nowhere does it say it's a 'good idea to give it to everyone'.
    Dr John Connolly, Psychiatrist and Secretary of the Irish Association of Suicidology, agreed that lithium did seem to have an antisuicide effect. However, it may prove difficult to achieve any benefit by adding lithium to the water supply, and it could even be potentially dangerous, he said.
    Mater Psychiatrist Dr Kelly believes that overall, the findings of this latest Japanese study do not present sufficient evidence for a change in public health policy with regard to drinking water. “Nor do they provide any guidance for individual behaviour in this regard,” he stated.

Judging from your conclusions, it would seem that the world has lost the run of it's self.

In another and slightly related note :

Putting your smugness aside for a minute, are you a dentist? Or a spokesperson?

Surely a dentist would be aware of fluorosis?

This is what it looks like in case you don't know

dental_fluorosis-1063.jpg

This fine picture of fluorosis which was so carefully copied doesn't actually mean anything in the discussion for or against water fluoridation.

What the poster fails to point out is that this condition happens 'naturally' without artificial water fluoridation. In fact the connection between fluoride and the prevention of tooth decay was discovered through the investigation of the condition illustrated. It was found that the background levels of fluoride in the water was causing fluorosis, long before any lizards started putting it into domestic water supplies.
    The condition is more prevalent in rural areas where drinking water is derived from shallow wells or hand pumps. It is also more likely to occur in areas where the drinking water has a fluoride content greater than 1 ppm (part per million), and in children who have a poor intake of calcium.
    The severity of dental fluorosis depends on the amount of fluoride exposure, the age of the child, individual response, as well as other factors including nutrition. Although water fluoridation can cause fluorosis, most of this is mild and not usually of aesthetic concern. Severe cases can be caused by exposure to water that is naturally fluoridated to levels well above the recommended levels, or by exposure to other fluoride sources such as brick tea or pollution from high fluoride coal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I have now been doing it for 3 years, and have felt great! I am at the point that if I drink a cup of coffee that contains fluoridated water, or eat a processed food that has fluoride, I become physically ill.

Out of interest, where do you get this non fluoridated water?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I am at the point that if I drink a cup of coffee that contains fluoridated water, or eat a processed food that has fluoride, I become physically ill.

I'll bet if you didn't know there was fluoride in it you'd not notice the difference and wouldn't feel sick at all :)

• Advertisement

Dave! wrote: »
    I'll bet if you didn't know there was fluoride in it you'd not notice the difference and wouldn't feel sick at all :)

Reverse placebo ? :D

Advertisement