Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once Upon A Time (ABC) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I guess whether this was a good idea or not depends on whehter Ruby/Meghan Ory is disappearing from the show again. If she does go and that's the totality of the gay storyline then, yeah, that does seem a bit underwhelming.
    I do believe that they got scared of having Mulan as a lesbian that this may have prompted a nutjob group in the U.S. to boycott her Disney merchandise.
    That a gay kiss can prompt viewer outrage even in this day and age is very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

31914460.jpg

They should go one better and now kill one of those 3 off since that's also causing outrage among the LGBTQ community with the "Bury your gays" trope after a few shows killed off gay characters

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

to be fair Dorothy did kinda come outta nowhere!

Haven't watched the latest episode yet, but was just thinking watching last week's episode how unhygienic it must be to constantly remove and replace a person's heart, in unsensitised areas and placing it in an unsensitised box or bag. Never even see them wash their hands first

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Haven't watched the latest episode yet, but was just thinking watching last week's episode how unhygienic it must be to constantly remove and replace a person's heart, in unsensitised areas and placing it in an unsensitised box or bag. Never even see them wash their hands first

It's magic, hearts probably have in-built germ fighting layers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Second half of the season has been bad a few really terrible episodes.

I feel like it's getting more and more ridiculous every week. Zelina for example. Why make her good? She was a deadly villain! And the whole thing with Robin Hood is just weird!
    The only character I actually like anymore is Regina. Gold is just pathetic. I thought it would be cool having Pan back but he isn't as evil as I though he would be!

Sigh. I miss season1 and 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

SarahBM wrote: »
    I feel like it's getting more and more ridiculous every week. Zelina for example. Why make her good? She was a deadly villain! And the whole thing with Robin Hood is just weird!
    The only character I actually like anymore is Regina. Gold is just pathetic. I thought it would be cool having Pan back but he isn't as evil as I though he would be!

Same. The early seasons were just very enjoyable and exciting to watch.

Only tuning in to see Regina now too. Bex Mader and Lana Parrilla are playing the only characters holding my interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Well that was a terrible episode. Just... terrible. Couldn't wait for it to end! At least things may get interesting with
    Gold back as the baddie.
    But with only a couple of episodes left, I dunno!

Pfft, kids today. They know how to work mobile phones to receive texts yet apparently need a bus explained to them. :)

So have I forgotten the rules of Storybrooke? I thought no one could leave for whatever reason, yet Henry, Violet, Regina, Gold and Emma all left.

Or even the rules of the show. Henry destroyed all the magic yet Emma, Regina and Gold still had magic and they were able to restore magic to Storybrooke. Somehow I doubt they got that much magic from the wishes.

And now they gave up on using a load of different realms and instead are just using a catch all realm to get more characters in there. Having all these Forgotten Stories (I'm pretty sure we all know Jekyll and Hyde) along with the picture of Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox reminded me of Golden Boughs in the Jack of Fables comic.
    I thought having Jekyll and Hyde would lead to other characters like Dorian Gray, Allan Quatermain, etc. Maybe even be from the same world as Victor Frankenstein.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya I'm finding it hard to follow the Zelena and Robin Hood storyline as Hades is in love with her but she doesn't trust him. I am still watching RTE series so might not be up to date to the American channel. I can't seem to find it on Sky. I don't mind reading spoilers I like to just see how things pan out on screen and how the characters evolve!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I do admit I like the fact they are turning the evil baddies into good people but could be just the case of saving Storybrook and get them out of the underworld? Hades brought a bit of life into the show but is likeable/dislikeable character! They all seem to have a story a love story at that!?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

During the latest episode, I kept expecting Aladdin to shout "by order of the Peaky F***ing Blinders" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I think that is Jafar not Jasmine

So are they going to totally ignore Wonderland for this version of Jafar?

Looks that way thought the wonderland version looked more like the cartoon villian.

I know they had to change the actor due to him having another role, but I liked Wonderland and it already seemed like they were ignoring it when they had Will Scarlet in OUAT after Wonderland ended

I know they had to change the actor due to him having another role, but I liked Wonderland and it already seemed like they were ignoring it when they had Will Scarlet in OUAT after Wonderland ended

A lot of characters seem to double dipp on roles mainly Rumple being the one we know most about. Cora too being the millers daughter and the queen of hearts. Will I think was the knave of hearts and Will Scarlet

• Advertisement

I meant Naveen Andrews, who played Jafar, got a role in another series so wasn't available to play Jafar again. And yeah Will was Will Scarlet and the Knave. Same charcter but took on the new name when he moved to Wonderland.

Remember when they had the cliffhanger last season and the opening this season of all the untold stories arriving in Storybrooke, possibly setting up loads of new characters and stories? Yeah, seems the writers of this series have forgotten.

I am kind of just watching for the sake of it now. I think it has all gotten a bit ridiculous. the only good thing about the show is Regina.

I am kind of just watching for the sake of it now. I think it has all gotten a bit ridiculous. the only good thing about the show is Regina.

Rumple is always gold on screen, gotta admit I hope this ends soon as the stories are too farfetched at this stage, star wars or marvel storyline are among the only areas not yet done which I hope they don't do either areas. Evil Queen still the best thing ever though, Regina is too whiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭bren2001

It so repetitive. It's the same story-lines thrown up again and again in slightly different ways. This time, its Regina and Emma stuck in a different world. It's a show that I really want to end. There's a few fantastic episodes to be made there.

Regina and Rumple are the only reason I continue to watch.

The charmings would have been great as an evil duo for a few weeks, they really are flogging a dead horse with the alternate land storys. I am glad they didn't do the genie ala Robin Williams on screen.

Yeah for ones who are always threatening people, Rumple and The Evil Queen aren't very good at being evil.

Then they rush to get Aladdin as the genie by not even having Jafar in the lamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭bren2001

Yeah for ones who are always threatening people, Rumple and The Evil Queen aren't very good at being evil.

Then they rush to get Aladdin as the genie by not even having Jafar in the lamp.

My understanding of genie lamps, which is quite limited, is that whoever is "master of the genie" remains master until their 3 wishes expire. It isn't whoever is holding the bloody lamp. Incredibly lazy writing.

For the handful of people interested, it looks like this is back this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

For the handful of people interested, it looks like this is back this weekend

my interest is waning but ill still watch it but im not sure if its going to hold my interest for another season

Advertisement