Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once Upon A Time (ABC) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Regina teaching Emma magic? I'm sorry, is this fanfiction or is this a reality?
    I think I'll be fangirling over that for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

So peter pan is mr gold/rump.... son? Trying to follow all the characters where they all come from between storybrook and the magical world!

It interesting twist about how the captain became 'hook' rump...looking like a croc but not a croc. Consider him quiet hansom - hook of course he was under another name before he captured rump....wife.

Never realised this but the 'huntsman' is one of the leading characters in the irish/bbc tv series the fall! He seems to play well as a killer. Though he let snow go....but under regina he still died cause of the tart or his heart was taken by someone or was that when regina was the wicked queen?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,132 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sean Maguire will play Robin Hood now instead of Tom Ellis

Lesigh. So we have Peter Pan, Rufio, Tinkerbell, Ariel, Regina's new love interest and now an extended Robin Hood arc....have they learned nothing from season 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,132 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DeWitt wrote: »
    Lesigh. So we have Peter Pan, Rufio, Tinkerbell, Ariel, Regina's new love interest and now an extended Robin Hood arc....have they learned nothing from season 2?

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/25/once-upon-a-time-tinkerbell/

Once Upon a Time has just cast Tinkerbell for season 3.
    Actress Rose McIver has landed the ABC hit’s take on the classic role, and will appear in multiple episodes next season

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

She was in The Lovely Bones, possibly the only good thing about that mess of a film.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

:p .....Regina is awesome in this! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

They all awesome! :)

Super excited for tonight. Advanced screenings got top marks from the critics.

Come back to me, Regina. Oh my baby, how I've missed you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

Come back to me, Regina. Oh my baby, how I've missed you.

My sentiments exactly :)

I can't find the place I usually live stream it. Feeling a bit lost in the big internet right now

I've seen #SaveHenry doing the rounds on twitter. Can they not just leave him where he is and go off and have adventures somewhere else?

Yeah, same goes for Neal. I could do without him.

I kinda sorta loved the premiere. Got a lot of stuff character wise in these 40mins that they should have been building on from the season one finale.
    I'm cautiously optimistic for the rest of the season.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I watched this as I was falling asleep and it seemed to be 42 minutes of people shouting on a boat. What actually happened?

I watched this as I was falling asleep and it seemed to be 42 minutes of people shouting on a boat. What actually happened?

They got off the boat at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

They got off the boat at the end.
    Ah come on, you could have warned about the spoilers!!!

:p

Johnmb wrote: »
    Ah come on, you could have warned about the spoilers!!!

:p

My bad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I don't think the premiere was all that bad. They got rid of some of the annoying characters introduced at the end of last season and Gold/Rumpel is back to his bad ass self. Only issue I had was that the new robin hood actor they brought in does look a bit more pantomime then the previous one.

I watched this weeks episode "live" and it was torture for 2 reasons. 1 - adverts every 2 minutes. 2 - I couldn't skip through the boring bits.

I don't really care for the flashbacks every episode. I know that's how it's been since the start but I don't think they always ad to the present day story. Doesn't help that I find Snow and Charming endlessly annoying. Their constant pep talks to Emma drive me nuts!

I liked when
    Emma said she saw herself in the look in the Lost Boy's eyes. Hook said the same thing to her way back last year when they were climbing the beanstalk. Nice bit of continuity there.

Who ever makes this show must have serious abandonment issues. I think every single character has been abandoned by a parent and they use it to explain away everything they do. It's not sending out a great message about adoption or orphans or what have you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Who ever makes this show must have serious abandonment issues. I think every single character has been abandoned by a parent and they use it to explain away everything they do. It's not sending out a great message about adoption or orphans or what have you.

The show's creators are probably just continuing what they wrote for Lost, where a lot of the main characters had issues with their parents.

Seems like they are also continuing along a similar path to Lost with regard to the overall story and (lack of) endgame.

In season 1 they had a clear endgame for that season (the characters would eventually remember their real identities and learn about the curse). Season 2 didn't have an overall story and now I don't know where they are heading with the show.

The writers have said that they dropped characters' arcs (e.g. for Ruby/Red) in season 2 when they got ideas for their new characters (Neverland). It seems like they don't have any overall endgame for the show and are just making it on the fly. Now I know Lost did that but it had lots of mysteries that kept me hooked and it always felt they were building towards something, but Once now just feels like a good fantasy drama show which is lacking on an overall "what's it all about, what's going to happen" mystery driving it.

Is this season another 22 episodes? I don't know if I will follow season 3 if it is, surely there will be lots of filler again. I might wait a bit and watch a few episodes first, as I still like the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭gazzer

The show's creators are probably just continuing what they wrote for Lost, where a lot of the main characters had issues with their parents.

Seems like they are also continuing along a similar path to Lost with regard to the overall story and (lack of) endgame.

In season 1 they had a clear endgame for that season (the characters would eventually remember their real identities and learn about the curse). Season 2 didn't have an overall story and now I don't know where they are heading with the show.

The writers have said that they dropped characters' arcs (e.g. for Ruby/Red) in season 2 when they got ideas for their new characters (Neverland). It seems like they don't have any overall endgame for the show and are just making it on the fly. Now I know Lost did that but it had lots of mysteries that kept me hooked and it always felt they were building towards something, but Once now just feels like a good fantasy drama show which is lacking on an overall "what's it all about, what's going to happen" mystery driving it.

Is this season another 22 episodes? I don't know if I will follow season 3 if it is, surely there will be lots of filler again. I might wait a bit and watch a few episodes first, as I still like the show.

There are going to be 2 mini seasons this season. Each are 12 episodes long. The current one finishes in December and the second half airs from March 2014 to May 2014

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Don't forget the Wonderland spin-off starting this week... I think it's just spread itself too thin and I've lost interest completely.

I'm more interested in it this year because there seems to be a tighter focus on one set of characters. I hated the 2nd series because of how many characters there were and how much it jumped around and changed focus.

I agree with Psychedelic though, I'm not sure they have an over all arch in mind. They seem to do it season by season, or even half season by half season. They set up a pile of stuff last season and then dropped it all this season. Not that I liked any of the stuff they were doing towards the end of last year but it's still weird that they just chop and change as they feel like it.

All that said.... it still seems bizarrely popular and is getting huge figures again, so I guess they'll keep doing what they're doing.

I saw a promo for the Wonderland thing and I thought it looked really interesting but then she jumped through a hole and it was wall to wall CGI. Can't be bothered with that. I hate all the CGI on Once too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭bren2001

I've only watched the first episode of this season. Towards the end of last season I was quite close to stopping, one or two episodes kept me ticking over. The things that really bother me (apart from the lack of proper arcs) is the cop outs i.e.

1. Henry knowing how to use the pixie dust by just "believing"
    2. Neal using the globe by thinking about "how much he loves her"

The very last episode of last season being the worst. Some people should be able to use magic, some not. I want real problems where each character has to use their own traits to get out of and not somehow just use magic.

I'll give it a few episodes this season as it looks ok.

Evil Regals, Sunday is going to kill us. I just watched the latest sneak peek, and I'm a freaking ball of emotion right now.

What is an Evil Regal?

Regina supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

Evil Regals, Sunday is going to kill us. I just watched the latest sneak peek, and I'm a freaking ball of emotion right now.

I haven't seen it yet. Is it going to kill me? I'm afraid to look

• Advertisement

I haven't seen it yet. Is it going to kill me? I'm afraid to look

There's a line of dialogue that comes with some pretty heavy implications.

Advertisement