Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know your Survivalists

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Just something that cropped up in another thread. Free Running.

We need a free runner to train the more athletic of us.
    Imagine being backed into a blocked alley by a hoard. You could just vertically spider walk up and out of danger lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    become an active member in the forum and you'll get a bit more say :)

I select roles based on exactly what you've written

Hang on Paul, if he looks like this..
    small
    maybe he should get the job!

Just moving back to ChaseThisLight's post, i think a lot more kids would survive than anyone would expect. Though the younger they are the more prone they are to becoming a danger to survivors and possibly feral in the process too.
    Education is a great suggestion imo. This could also work for keyroles - training of vital skills to other survivors incase the worst happened.
    The likes of First Aid should be the first thing on the agenda in that respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

haha totally! :P

you know AWOL stands for absent wihtout leave right? :P
    not crazy XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    you know AWOL stands for absent wihtout leave right? :P
    not crazy XD

I do now!

• Advertisement

Survivors so with Roles:

1. Smiley Paul: PR: scavenger/ medic SR: Design team for new constructions
    2. Degrassinoel: PR: Mechanic*/ Scout SR: Search and rescue planner
    3. Kromdar: PR: Medic/ Communications SR: Negotiator
    4. Ginja Ninja: PR: Mechanic*/ Horticulturalist SR: maintenance of food supplies
    5. Sonic: PR: Scavenger/ scout SR: Search and rescue
    6. Chasethislight: PR: cook/ Scavenger SR: Preperation of youth
    7. Adser: PR: scavenger/ Scout SR: Search and rescue
    8. Peatcass: PR: Mechanic/ Scavenger SR: maintenance of defence
    9. Phil: PR: Defence/ Scavenger SR: Search and rescue
    10. DakotaYoda: PR: Educator/ Armorer SR: Preperation of youth
    11. Big Duffman: PR:Scavenger/ Educator SR: Advanced training in survival/ PT
    12. MahatmaCoat: PR: Mechanic/ Horticulturist SR: Chemistry (fuels etc...)
    13.Lady Pip: PR: Horticulturist/ Cook SR: Feeding the masses
    14. DoBhrionn: PR: Scout/ Scavenger SR: Search and rescue
    15. Jme2010: PR: Defence/ Communications SR: Engineer
    16. Manic Moran: PR: Armorer/ Defence SR: Trainer
    17. Oranage2: PR: Communications/ Bait SR: Feeding the masses
    18. Yakult: PR: Driver/ bait SR: Still the driver
    19. Kriss: PR: Educator/ bait SR: Preperation of youth
    20. Mark: PR: Entertainer/ Carer SR: Recreation Manager

Numbers of roles for each:

Scavenger: 8

Scout: 4

Defence: 3

Horticulturalist: 3

Cook: 2

Mechanic: 5

Communications: 3

Medic: 2

Armorer: 2

Educator: 3

Driver: 1

Bait: 2

Entertainer: 1

Carer: 1

Notes:

1. Paradigms I believe, while many positions above are very straightforward, there are thousands of ways each may be applied.

2. *Mechanic: where I have named a person a mechanic I do not mean engines and what not, I have taken from this anyone who has said to be handy with tools, shelter building, defenses, electronics as well as other things. basically these are our handymen, and in my opinion the back bone of a long survival

3. Use in Short stories?I was thinking we could actually use these bios in the stories, means that we have thicker characters already with built in pasts?

4.Education The educator is a role given to hunters who I believe have a huge capacity of knowledge in many fields which will benifit the entire group, other roles may be held.

5.Leadership. I don't believe leadership should be taken into consideration, especially if we are going to be using these characters in our stories (which are still our real personalities) I believe that every story with have a different protagonist and it's the authors choice at the end of the day who takes lead

6.Future roles. if you don't see a role that suits you put your bio down anyways and we'll find something that suits you

7.Underlined characters If your name is underlined than you are (in my opinion) a well known hunter in this area.

8. Scavenger teams Shortly I will split the scavengers into 2 teams depending on their abilities to get the most even cut amount of skill, we cant have a group of 10 people wandering around together, we'll get ourselves killed

9. Long term roles. As shown above not only are Survivalists fitted with appropriate roles for the coming months after the Zompocalypse they are also attached (where my knowledge allows) roles which members will be able to perform once a strong enough... stability, has come to the new found society.

10. PR/SR: These are abbreviations for Primary roles and Secondary roles (see 9)

11. Search and Rescue: Simply put search and rescue teams move out from our position to find survivors/ livestock/ food/ fuel/ vehicles and more of the long term resources that we will need to survive.

Edited with a lot of changed J
    I hope you enjoy.

Feel free to continue to add ideas for it or spread it round to mates on other forums

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

I feel Id be useful in an education role as have plans to become a primary school teacher in the future. Mayhaps i could combine my horticulture and education roles and train the next generation in self sustainability?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

ladypip wrote: »
    I feel Id be useful in an education role as have plans to become a primary school teacher in the future. Mayhaps i could combine my horticulture and education roles and train the next generation in self sustainability?

How about starting now and putting a thread up about it? I am keen to know how much land you need to feed a family or 4? What are the best foods to grow? What are the easiest herbs to grow to improve shoite taste of survival food? etc etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Theres already a Resoursces thread, I'll bump it up later

as for Feedin a family

if you had an acre of Spuds Y'd last out the winter, Cabbage, Onions, Turnips, Carrots, Rhubarb, apples, all grow relativley easily and store well, Blackberries, Mushrooms, Sloes etc are fairly abundanty when in season and can be preserved easily enough.

Meat is the issue, if you are sensible enough you will locate yourself beside a body of water, Ideally at the mouth of a river which gives you access to the Sea for Fish, Crabs, Lobster... and the rivers whichb give you fresh water and other fish.

Survivors so with Roles:

1. Smiley Paul: PR: scavenger/ medic SR: Design team for new constructions
    2. Degrassinoel: PR: Mechanic*/ Scout SR: Search and rescue planner
    3. Kromdar: PR: Medic/ Communications SR: Negotiator
    4. Ginja Ninja: PR: Mechanic*/ Horticulturalist SR: maintenance of food supplies
    5. Sonic: PR: Scavenger/ scout SR: Search and rescue
    6. Chasethislight: PR: cook/ Scavenger SR: Preperation of youth
    7. Adser: PR: scavenger/ Scout SR: Search and rescue
    8. Peatcass: PR: Mechanic/ Scavenger SR: maintenance of defence
    9. Phil: PR: Defence/ Scavenger SR: Search and rescue
    10. DakotaYoda: PR: Educator/ Armorer SR: Preperation of youth
    11. Big Duffman: PR:Scavenger/ Educator SR: Advanced training in survival/ PT
    12. MahatmaCoat: PR: Mechanic/ Horticulturist SR: Chemistry (fuels etc...)
    13.Lady Pip: PR: Horticulturist/ Cook SR: Education in teaching the masses to feed themselves
    14. DoBhrionn: PR: Scout/ Scavenger SR: Search and rescue
    15. Jme2010: PR: Defence/ Communications SR: Engineer
    16. Manic Moran: PR: Armorer/ Defence SR: Trainer
    17. Oranage2: PR: Communications/ Bait SR: Feeding the masses
    18. Yakult: PR: Driver/ bait SR: Still the driver
    19. Kriss: PR: Educator/ bait SR: Preperation of youth
    20. Mark: PR: Entertainer/ Carer SR: Recreation Manager

Numbers of roles for each:

Scavenger: 8

Scout: 4

Defence: 3

Horticulturalist: 3

Cook: 2

Mechanic: 5

Communications: 3

Medic: 2

Armorer: 2

Educator: 3

Driver: 1

Bait: 2

Entertainer: 1

Carer: 1

Notes:

1. Paradigms I believe, while many positions above are very straightforward, there are thousands of ways each may be applied.

2. *Mechanic: where I have named a person a mechanic I do not mean engines and what not, I have taken from this anyone who has said to be handy with tools, shelter building, defenses, electronics as well as other things. basically these are our handymen, and in my opinion the back bone of a long survival

3. Use in Short stories?I was thinking we could actually use these bios in the stories, means that we have thicker characters already with built in pasts?

4.Education The educator is a role given to hunters who I believe have a huge capacity of knowledge in many fields which will benifit the entire group, other roles may be held.

5.Leadership. I don't believe leadership should be taken into consideration, especially if we are going to be using these characters in our stories (which are still our real personalities) I believe that every story with have a different protagonist and it's the authors choice at the end of the day who takes lead

6.Future roles. if you don't see a role that suits you put your bio down anyways and we'll find something that suits you

7.Underlined characters If your name is underlined than you are (in my opinion) a well known hunter in this area.

8. Scavenger teams Shortly I will split the scavengers into 2 teams depending on their abilities to get the most even cut amount of skill, we cant have a group of 10 people wandering around together, we'll get ourselves killed

9. Long term roles. As shown above not only are Survivalists fitted with appropriate roles for the coming months after the Zompocalypse they are also attached (where my knowledge allows) roles which members will be able to perform once a strong enough... stability, has come to the new found society.

10. PR/SR: These are abbreviations for Primary roles and Secondary roles (see 9)

11. Search and Rescue: Simply put search and rescue teams move out from our position to find survivors/ livestock/ food/ fuel/ vehicles and more of the long term resources that we will need to survive.

Edited with a lot of changed J
    I hope you enjoy.

Feel free to continue to add ideas for it or spread it round to mates on other forums

*ladypips SR changed to fit*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

there really does need to be a thread on zombie sustainability. i wouln't know where to begin with farming. and the river for fish? i'd rather the coast. god knows how many floating corpses they're mgiht be in a river. at least if ya got offshore, you know that bodies are going to be washed inshore. last thing you want while fishing is that scene from war of the worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

As recreation manager I would like to know do zombies take bank holiday weekends off? coz I mite try organise a trip to a theme park or something for the group (free rides whoop!)

Gandalph wrote: »
    As recreation manager I would like to know do zombies take bank holiday weekends off? coz I mite try organise a trip to a theme park or something for the group (free rides whoop!)

I'll race ye there in the (Zombie)Monk's "free" Humvee

Advertisement