Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know your Survivalists

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

peatcass wrote: »
    Reckon tesco clarehall would be a good choice. Plenty of supplies, and easily secured. If the glass can keep out the darndale heads, it will have no problem with z's.

Then handy access to the m50 or airport once all the initial panic has "died" down ;-)

I'm sure theres a youtube tutorial on how to fly a chopper/cesna

how long do you think the net will last once an outbreak happens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

phill106 wrote: »
    how long do you think the net will last once an outbreak happens?
    thats why we have to have thiss stuff sorted now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

Members so Far with roles attached:

Smiley Paul: scavenger/ medic
    2. Lady Pip: Horticulturist/ mechanic*
    3. Degrassinoel: Mechanic*/ Scout
    4. Kromdar: Medic/ administration
    5. Ginja Ninja: Mechanic*/ Horticulturalist
    6. DoBhrionn: Scout/ Scavenger
    7. Jme2010: Defence/ Administration
    8. Chasethislight: cook/ Scavenger
    9. Sonic: Scavenger/ scout
    10. Adser: scavenger/ Scout
    11. Peatcass: Mechanic/ Scavenger
    12. Manic Moran: Armorer/ Defence
    13. Phil: Defence/ Scavenger
    14. DakotaYoda: Educator/ Armorer
    15. MahatmaCoat: Mechanic/ Horticulturist

Numbers of roles for each:

Scavenger: 7

Scout: 4

Defence: 3

Horticulturalist: 3

Cook: 1

Mechanic: 5

Administration: 2

Medic: 2

Armorer: 2

Educator: 1

Notes:

I believe, while many positions above are very straightforward, there are thousands of ways each may be applied.

2. *Mechanic: where I have named a person a mechanic I do not mean engines and what not, I have taken from this anyone who has said to be handy with tools, shelter building, defenses, electronics as well as other things. basically these are our handymen, and in my opinion the back bone of a long survival

3. I was thinking we could actually use these bios in the stories, means that we have thicker characters already with built in pasts?

4. The educator is a role given to hunters who I believe have a huge capacity of knowledge in many fields which will benifit the entire group, other roles may be held.

5. I don't believe leadership should be taken into consideration, especially if we are going to be using these characters in our stories (which are still our real personalities) I believe that every story with have a different protagonist and it's the authors choice at the end of the day who takes lead

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Name -Oranage2

I'm never sick - big and strong and have excellent endourance.
    I like to do a lot of stupid things before thinking and I can be very irational most times -

I worked in a take-away a while back so can kinda deep fry stuff and I'm not to bad at electronics/

I'm really good delegator too.

May not be the best team member to have but hopefully yis can fit me in somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Grab yourself a mop Oranage, you can help me and the rest of the Mechs clean up :D

• Advertisement

16. Oranage2: Administration/ mechanic

Mechanic: 6

Administration: 3

Educator: 1

Notes:

I believe, while many positions above are very straightforward, there are thousands of ways each may be applied.

2. *Mechanic: where I have named a person a mechanic I do not mean engines and what not, I have taken from this anyone who has said to be handy with tools, shelter building, defenses, electronics as well as other things. basically these are our handymen, and in my opinion the back bone of a long survival

3. I was thinking we could actually use these bios in the stories, means that we have thicker characters already with built in pasts?

4. The educator is a role given to hunters who I believe have a huge capacity of knowledge in many fields which will benifit the entire group, other roles may be held.

5. I don't believe leadership should be taken into consideration, especially if we are going to be using these characters in our stories (which are still our real personalities) I believe that every story with have a different protagonist and it's the authors choice at the end of the day who takes lead

@Noel, mechanics in my opinion are the most suited to after Z-day life, suited with a lot of improvisation in tools and the ability to mc guyver the **** out of things :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Name - Yakult/Dave

Age - 20

The good bits - 6ft1. Medium build. I work best when put under pressure. Great acceleration and pace. Very good at reading situations and always finding a solution very quickly. Can weld decently. Can drive many motor vehicles from motor bikes to tanks. Will survive on very small amounts of food and water. Team player who will put others first. Fast learner. Can move silently and quickly. (Friends call me Ninja without the fighting ability)

The Bad - Not very strong. lightweight. Sometimes I can be too cautious and over think situations unless I jump straight into them. I tend to tap my feet/fingers too much. Little medical knowledge. Light asthma. Can isolate myself. Very Claustrophobic. Not a leader.

And I think that's it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I have the complete 7 season MacGyver box set :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Name: Kriss

Bio: Overweight and unfit with a bad back and shot knee. Currently work in IT as a consultant, not looking great so far is it?

Useful Skills: 15 years military experience (Gulf war, Bosnia, Rwanda) as a combat engineer and mechanical engineer so expert in explosives, defence, construction, water purification etc. Ex officer so can bring leadership and discipline skills to the table.

Specialized in Bomb disposal and ran a R&D unit which converted construction plant (bulldozers, excavators) to remotely operated machinery to clear land mines and booby traps for both war and peace time mine clearance. Think a 15 tonne armored zombie disposer! Some of my creations are still working today in the Former Yugoslavia with Halo Trust and NPA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

We need another Category

Sacrifice/Bait

• Advertisement

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    Whaaaaaaat?! I went to St. Pauls! and my brother went there in the 90's!
    I live in Killester :D

And yes, yes they are :P

Okay,then we must assume the vincentians have fallen prey to the infection, its a good thing too, i couldnt hack that tub father huge jeans and the other sexually repressed bearded "councillor" lol

In fairness i doubt you'd know me, i was on the hop more often than i was actually in school by 5th year

16. Oranage2: Administration/ mechanic
    17. Yakult: Driver/ bait
    18. Kriss: Educator/ bait

Administration: 3

Educator: 2

Driver: 1

Bait: 2

Notes:

Happy coaty? :P

Yakult and Kriss have too much skills to be labeled as bait, i think everyone should be bait except for people on administration.

ye lick ye :D

I think the brown-nosers should be bait haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Name -Oranage2
    I am big and strong and have excellent endourance
    I like to do a lot of stupid things before thinking
    I can be very irational most times
    I can kinda deep fry stuff

May not be the best team member to have but hopefully yis can fit me in somewhere!
    Yakult and Kriss have too much skills to be labeled as bait, i think everyone should be bait except for people on administration.

Sounds like we have all the bait we need right here!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

can i be changed to medic/comms? administration sounds like another word for bait...

Bait :eek:

Time to fortify my home and hold out alone then:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Name; Mark
    age; 23

Bio; Have completed ever Resident evil game and am always the last sutvivor in left for dead, also have experience work in an old folks home so Im prob the most experienced person in dealing with zombies in the world.

Useful traits; I can juggle (zombies get dizzy easy)

Survivors so with Roles:

4. Kromdar: Medic/ Communications
    7. Jme2010: Defence/ Communications
    16. Oranage2: Communications/ mechanic
    19. Mark: Entertainer/ Carer

Communications: 3

Entertainer: 1

Carer: 1

Notes:

if you don't see a role that suits you put your bio down anyways and we'll find something that suits you

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

I agree with this, not just for that reason but because if you think about it, we're all going to have to work together. It might sound naive, but I like the idea of being equals, helping each other, teaching each other, etc. Ideally, this would be better than one person barking orders at everyone else (though I must back up what was said of your organizational skills, SmileyPaul - very nicely done, and IMO, done in such a way as to not feel like orders, just practical is all).

And damn, but I'm going to be a very busy cook! :eek:

• Advertisement

I agree with this, not just for that reason but because if you think about it, we're all going to have to work together. It might sound naive, but I like the idea of being equals, helping each other, teaching each other, etc. Ideally, this would be better than one person barking orders at everyone else (though I must back up what was said of your organizational skills, SmileyPaul - very nicely done, and IMO, done in such a way as to not feel like orders, just practical is all).

Maybe should take this onto another thread but having strong leadership would be key to survival! Teamwork I agree with 100% but having a team of equals would lead to disaster, having to debate and vote on key group topics would lead to in-fighting and splits and would cause a potential distraction that will kill off most the group.

krissovo wrote: »
    Maybe should take this onto another thread but having strong leadership would be key to survival! Teamwork I agree with 100% but having a team of equals would lead to disaster, having to debate and vote on key group topics would lead to in-fighting and splits and would cause a potential distraction that will kill off most the group.
    I didn't say leadership wouldn't appear in a group situation I said I was not taking it into consideration, mainly because a lot of people on this forum would already count themselves as leadership material and if I was to choose 1 person over another a slight grudge might be held :P

sorry in advance for the double post

Survivors so with Roles:

2.Lady Pip: Horticulturist/ mechanic*

Notes:

1. Paradigms

3. Use in Short stories?I was thinking we could actually use these bios in the stories, means that we have thicker characters already with built in pasts?

4.Education The educator is a role given to hunters who I believe have a huge capacity of knowledge in many fields which will benifit the entire group, other roles may be held.

5.Leadership. I don't believe leadership should be taken into consideration, especially if we are going to be using these characters in our stories (which are still our real personalities) I believe that every story with have a different protagonist and it's the authors choice at the end of the day who takes lead

6.Future roles.
    if you don't see a role that suits you put your bio down anyways and we'll find something that suits you

6.Underlined characters If your name is underlined than you are (in my opinion) a well known hunter in this area.

Survivors so with Roles:

1. Smiley Paul: scavenger/ medic

Notes:

1. Paradigms I believe, while many positions above are very straightforward, there are thousands of ways each may be applied.

3. Use in Short stories?I was thinking we could actually use these bios in the stories, means that we have thicker characters already with built in pasts?

4.Education The educator is a role given to hunters who I believe have a huge capacity of knowledge in many fields which will benifit the entire group, other roles may be held.

5.Leadership. I don't believe leadership should be taken into consideration, especially if we are going to be using these characters in our stories (which are still our real personalities) I believe that every story with have a different protagonist and it's the authors choice at the end of the day who takes lead

6.Future roles. if you don't see a role that suits you put your bio down anyways and we'll find something that suits you

6.Underlined characters If your name is underlined than you are (in my opinion) a well known hunter in this area.

I'm thinking Mechanic is too strong of a word to describe my skills set - i think mine should be :All rounder/Morale Officer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

ha this has to be the most bizzare list I've come across on boards...me likey!

Looking at the numbers of boardsie survivalists in North East Dublin ! There appears to be a hardcore zombie killzone in the mean streets of D3to D7!

Me..

Born of fire, brimstone and sugar plum faries 24 years ago Location: D5 (da nort soyid)

Bio:

7 inch tongue and hips like a labrador puppy :D oh wrong site..ahem.

Working in sports nutrition and as a PT. EFR qualified along with WSFA currently aiming at the Mountain Leader course.

8 years with the Army Reserve (infantry), instructor level so used to training people in on various weapons and leadership under pressure.

Interests include, diving, adventure treks, various martial arts from a young age, clay shooting (aka perfect excuse to have a boomstick).

Most importantly, have experience in the closest things there are to zombies in real life, dealing with scumbags and junkies on the door of many a Dublin night club!

I'm thinking Mechanic is too strong of a word to describe my skills set - i think mine should be :All rounder/Morale Officer
    become an active member in the forum and you'll get a bit more say :)

I select roles based on exactly what you've written

Survivors so with Roles:

1. Smiley Paul: scavenger/ medic
    16. Oranage2: Communications/ Bait
    20. Duffy: Scavenger/ Educator

Scavenger: 8

Educator: 3

Notes:

1. Paradigms I believe, while many positions above are very straightforward, there are thousands of ways each may be applied.

6.Future roles. if you don't see a role that suits you put your bio down anyways and we'll find something that suits you

7.Underlined characters If your name is underlined than you are (in my opinion) a well known hunter in this area.

8. Scavenger teams Shortly I will split the scavengers into 2 teams depending on their abilities to get the most even cut amount of skill, we cant have a group of 10 people wandering around together, we'll get ourselves killed

@oranage2, I fixed your roles :P

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

I watched this new series here in the States the other night - Falling Skies...not zombie related at all, it's about aliens - but the apocalyptic nature of it made me think of this list, because certain people had certain jobs within the group (and they have large groups - 200 civilians plus 100 fighters per survivor group)...and one thing that struck me was, the survivors still had school. I think it was only a handful of months into it, and they were organized enough to make sure kids would still get an education of sorts.

So anyway...my point in rambling about this is, I didn't consider it an important skill when I first posted on this thread so I didn't list it, as I was thinking of surviving straight away, not further down the line - but I could very well add teaching to my skill list. Sure, it was only six years of teaching pre-school (4-5 year olds) but it was teaching nonetheless. Who knows how many school age kids would survive come Z-day, but preparing for that possibility would be important.

Survivors so with Roles:

1. Smiley Paul: PR: scavenger/ medic SR: Design team for new constructions
    2. Degrassinoel: PR: Mechanic*/ Scout SR: Search and rescue planner
    3. Kromdar: PR: Medic/ Communications SR: Negotiator
    4. Ginja Ninja: PR: Mechanic*/ Horticulturalist SR: maintenance of food supplies
    5. Sonic: PR: Scavenger/ scout SR: Search and rescue
    6. Chasethislight: PR: cook/ Scavenger SR: Preperation of youth
    7. Adser: PR: scavenger/ Scout SR: Search and rescue
    8. Peatcass: PR: Mechanic/ Scavenger SR: maintenance of defence
    9. Phil: PR: Defence/ Scavenger SR: Search and rescue
    10. DakotaYoda: PR: Educator/ Armorer SR: Preperation of youth
    11. Duffy: PR:Scavenger/ Educator SR: Advanced training in survival/ PT
    12. MahatmaCoat: PR: Mechanic/ Horticulturist SR: Chemistry (fuels etc...)
    13.Lady Pip: PR: Horticulturist/ Cook SR: Feeding the masses
    14. DoBhrionn: PR: Scout/ Scavenger SR: Search and rescue
    15. Jme2010: PR: Defence/ Communications SR: Engineer
    16. Manic Moran: PR: Armorer/ Defence SR: Trainer
    17. Oranage2: PR: Communications/ Bait SR: Feeding the masses
    18. Yakult: PR: Driver/ bait SR: Still the driver
    19. Kriss: PR: Educator/ bait SR: Preperation of youth
    20. Mark: PR: Entertainer/ Carer SR: Recreation Manager

Scavenger: 8

Cook: 2

Mechanic: 5

Educator: 3

Notes:

7.Underlined characters If your name is underlined than you are (in my opinion) a well known hunter in this area.

8. Scavenger teams Shortly I will split the scavengers into 2 teams depending on their abilities to get the most even cut amount of skill, we cant have a group of 10 people wandering around together, we'll get ourselves killed

9. Long term roles. As shown above not only are Survivalists fitted with appropriate roles for the coming months after the Zompocalypse they are also attached (where my knowledge allows) roles which members will be able to perform once a strong enough... stability, has come to the new found society.

10. PR/SR: These are abbreviations for Primary roles and Secondary roles (see 9)

11. Search and Rescue: Simply put search and rescue teams move out from our position to find survivors/ livestock/ food/ fuel/ vehicles and more of the long term resources that we will need to survive.

Edited with a lot of changed J
    I hope you enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Iv been known to go AWOL in zombie appocolapses in the past so watch out

Advertisement