Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 16/05/11 - *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

GTR63 wrote: »
    Cena's selling is comically bad hit by a pipe several times & recovers like superman on steroids. Pretty meh Raw overall.

time and time and time (and time) again!! I'm f*cking sick of no sell super cena!
    and again his punches are pathetic - the mad swings at miz was just shocking!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I didn't think it was all bad. R-Truth's madness is getting very believable. Kong/Karma was very impressive. Sure, even the Swagger/Cena match was good, whatever about the rubbish afterwards. The reference back to Lawlor's match with Bret in the 90s was a nice touch too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I didn't think it was all bad. R-Truth's madness is getting very believable. Kong/Karma was very impressive. Sure, even the Swagger/Cena match was good, whatever about the rubbish afterwards. The reference back to Lawlor's match with Bret in the 90s was a nice touch too.

I'd agree with that about R-Truth. R-Truth is the man on Raw these past few weeks. Nice to see Swagger in the main event.

Overall all though, it was a pretty meh Raw. Not exactly the most entertaining TV I've ever watched.

I imagine Miz has a cunning plan for Sunday which will probably involve replaying Cena saying I quit from last night or else attacking his mother or something hokey like that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

R-Truth steals the show again. I was also glad to see Nexus have a good night. When did perfect jr last pin anyone on raw? And what sort of top rope move was that from Del Rio?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

GTR63 wrote: »
    Cena's selling is comically bad hit by a pipe several times & recovers like superman on steroids. Pretty meh Raw overall.

miz sold for no more than a split second when cena hit him in the mid-drift with the pipe, anyway raws become the no sell show, kong no selling all the other girls offense and punk no selling the rko the other week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Cena is actually getting worse.

i've had all the patience in the world for him, but even i'm starting to get sick of it.

not necessarily the Super Cena, but the bad selling, and fúcking horrific punches. they're horrendous, and destroy my suspension of belief completely in an instant.

as i say, he's getting worse. i'm not even joking.

I've reached the point where I don't care how bad Cena is any more. I have found peace and accepted his awfulness :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Not a great Raw alright. Think the draft has really damaged the show, it lost an awful lot of its actual "wrestling" talent. Bryan, Sheamus, Sin Cara and, can't believe I'm saying this, Randy Orton. Most of those seem quite dependable in the ring to put on entertaining matches, I know Cara started off shaky but he clearly has talent
    While Raw still have talent there like Punk, Del Rio, Ziggler a lot of those are in serious danger of getting lost in the squeeze beneath Cena's disgustingly built weight, and have lost serious momentum recently. Del Rio's in no man's land, Ziggler has done F.A. since changing his image and Punk badly needs to get into singles action and lose the Nexus (but I doubt he will as long as he owns the rights to his name).
    Swagger isn't bad either but I can't stand his character.

Really don't want to be jumping on the Cena bashing bandwagon but he really does seem to be getting incredibly lazy in his matches. Take a beating for the vast majority of a match, do his few moves and win.
    Nice to see him giving screen time to Zack Ryder though!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Monday's WWE Raw scored a 3.08 rating, which is down from the 3.18 rating the show drew last week. The show averaged roughly 4.7 million viewers.

Powell's POV: The rating continues to drop and in this case the company can't point to strong NBA playoff competition. It was the lowest rating the show has drawn since January 10. Obviously, this doesn't bode well for Sunday's Over The Limit pay-per-view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I've only started to watch raw again since The Rocks return, so can someone explain to me this Kharma plot? Cos they're really trying to sell the idea hard :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its funny. You can tell how good/bad Raw is by looking at the amount of posts the thread has the following day. Sure enough, this weeks was terrible. Managed to get through it in about 25 mins. Fast forward all the way. Watched the Punk Kofi match alright which was decent. The rest was utter rot.

I've only started to watch raw again since The Rocks return, so can someone explain to me this Kharma plot? Cos they're really trying to sell the idea hard :confused:

Not much to explain thus far. So far, all she's been doing is attacking divas. They seem to be going down a route where she's somewhat obsessed with K2, having not attacked her but having got real close to her a few times, but that's all we've seen so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,979 ✭✭✭cena

gimmick wrote: »
    Its funny. You can tell how good/bad Raw is by looking at the amount of posts the thread has the following day. Sure enough, this weeks was terrible. Managed to get through it in about 25 mins. Fast forward all the way. Watched the Punk Kofi match alright which was decent. The rest was utter rot.

I too have been thinking this the last two weeks just by the amount of posts on the raw threads

Yeah the forward button on Sky Plus was needed by me as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

K-Kwik 'stealing' the show, lol. i watched that raw in 15 mins, so much crap. wrasslin needs fixing

Jazzy wrote: »
    K-Kwik 'stealing' the show, lol. i watched that raw in 15 mins, so much crap. wrasslin needs fixing

In fairness I'm sure there were people lol-ing when Rocky Maivia stole the show on Raws past as well.

Before the hordes descend, I'm not saying R-Truth and The Rock are one and the same. Just that even the most successful wrestlers (HHH, The Rock, Steve Austin etc) have had poor spells in their career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

The way they depicted Miz picking an opponent for Cena, like Swagger was the bottom of the barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why couldnt they have Cena and Ryder go against Miz and Riley in a tag match

Truth's new look reminded me of 50 Cent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I'm not minding Miz too much at the moment. He's playing the perfect heal. They should probably allow Riley to score a pinfall at some stage though.

I dont get why Riley was drafted to SD since he is always on Raw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I dont get why Riley was drafted to SD since he is always on Raw
    It was a pure waste of a draft pick like. Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They probably had some idea of separating him from the Miz then decided against it at the last minute. Heel Truth is a breath of fresh air he used to bore the hell out of me and he looks like he's enjoying his new role.

Pentecost wrote: »
    They probably had some idea of separating him from the Miz then decided against it at the last minute. .

Wouldn't be the first time. Remember when he was "Fired", only to return three weeks later?

Where is Beth Phoenix? Didnt she get drafted to Raw :confused: I wanna see her confront Kharma

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where is Beth Phoenix? Didnt she get drafted to Raw :confused: I wanna see her confront Kharma

I think they're holding off on that until Kharma gets her hands on Kelly Kelly.

I enjoyed RAW this week, and thankfully it looks like Cole V Lawler will wrap up at OTL with King finally getting the victory!

Garseys wrote: »
    I think they're holding off on that until Kharma gets her hands on Kelly Kelly.

I enjoyed RAW this week, and thankfully it looks like Cole V Lawler will wrap up at OTL with King finally getting the victory!

Pfft, I've thought that twice now. Won't get my hopes up. I can see them letting Cole win and brag about his HoF ring...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Pfft, I've thought that twice now. Won't get my hopes up. I can see them letting Cole win and brag about his HoF ring...

You'd think so after all that we've seen, but they wouldn't just sh1t on the HoF like that....Would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Cianan2 wrote: »
    You'd think so after all that we've seen, but they wouldn't just sh1t on the HoF like that....Would they?

no i think this will officially be the end of it! even if it is a different ring the whole "ill give you my hof ring" just would not pan out! even for a storyline - and especially now that cole is apologetic and afraid to speak coz swagger left!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

I thought the show was so-so (Mysterio is seemingly filling in for injured Morrison, the Kharma stuff is what it is until she has a match and The Corre has been switched out for New Nexus in the Big Show and Kane fued) but apart from the groan factor of a contract signing and Swagger going down to the AA/STF combo, I was satisfied with the overall theme of Miz looking for an opponent for Cena and how the Lawler/Cole fued played into it.

For a Raw broadcast, this thread is unusually short on posts. If you're going by thread length, the Smackdown Christian lost the title was the best ever before any us had even seen it. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

something must be done.

that rating has to start worrying Vince enough; alligned with the shít PPV figures.

surely someone sees it? SURELY?!

and surely someone can put it down to writing rather than booking. whether they like it or not, as much as they want to be 'entertainment', they are sports entertainment, using the sport of wrestling. that means until they get believable characters, and until matches means something, and until new talent is pushed, and until they go back to basics with feud storytelling, i'm telling you, things will not improve save the odd Rock or Austin appearance.

it's so basic.

Paul Heyman 101, as i've said in here before.

wánker heels built up against likeable and/or charismatic babyfaces, to the point where you pay to see the face beat him. you can do it with anyone with any performers with an ounce of charisma and wrestling ability.

the problem is, i just think the rot has festered too deep now.

and will HHH fix it when he's in charge?

Advertisement