Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours, one and only Queen thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

Did you see Bertie and Cowen on the news. Enough said.

Did you see Bertie bowing to the Queen on the 9 o'clock news ?

I'm glad she is here and I'm proud of our president and our forces performance today, but I don't think any Irish person should feel the need to bow to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 eiresurfer

never ever go into battle without a packet of Denny Ham as your weapon of choice.

And don't forget to wear your English soccer jersey as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

So where are all the "peaceful" republicans then? To my knowledge the only protesters out today were utter scumbags, much like every person i've met that identifies themselves as a republican.

And isn't it all basically "Brits out" in the end anyway? It's like saying you're a racist but not "that kind of racist".

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

What the fcúk were that crook Ahern and Cowan at on the news?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭WhiteRussian

NotExactly wrote: »
    What the fcúk were that crook Ahern and Cowan at on the news?

They did look very awkward at the Garden of Remembrance as HM walked by, weren't sure how to react.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

So where are all the "peaceful" republicans then? To my knowledge the only protesters out today were utter scumbags, much like every person i've met that identifies themselves as a republican.

And isn't it all basically "Brits out" in the end anyway? It's like saying you're a racist but not "that kind of racist".

You haven't a clue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Wonder will there be any more serious rioting in town tonight... Once the sun comes down I wouldn't be surprised if it all kicks off again Love Ulster style...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Sinn Fein protested peacefully today by releasing black balloons to commemorate those who gave their lives in the cause of Irish freedom. It coincided with the Queen's visit to the Garden of Remembrance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭WhiteRussian

That Harpist was a well put together lady. Oh and so was that ginger student talking.

*faps*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBT4ZWy6Lm4

The knowledge the average Éirigí member has of Irish history

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    Sinn Fein protested peacefully today by releasing black balloons to commemorate those who gave their lives in the cause of Irish freedom. It coincided with the Queen's visit to the Garden of Remembrance.

oh that's what that was? cool.

Bomb disposal outside my apartment building there now. mad stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

You haven't a clue

It's pretty true though

Didn't hear about that at all. Never mind so.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

sherdydan wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBT4ZWy6Lm4

The knowledge the average Éirigí member has of Irish history

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Just watching the Queen on the news, she must be wrecked from all the walking around she did today. She's old, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I was at the commemoration for the 26 people murdered by the Uvf & British military,or as more commonly knowing as the forgotten. But it seems its only republican violence that is remembered here by the usual select few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Wonder will there be any more serious rioting in town tonight... Once the sun comes down I wouldn't be surprised if it all kicks off again Love Ulster style...

I would say they have gone back home until tomorrow. I fear after some of todays scenes it may encourage more trouble makers to come out to the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

prinz wrote: »
    You mean the Kingdom of Norway, the Kingdom of Sweden and the constitutional monarchy that is Canada? :pac:

LOL careful now !!! or you might prove that monarchy look after their people better than republics , but those country's i did mention do look after the citizens ( all citizens ) a lot better than our patriotic republican gangsters

is that anti republican ? no
    its just a fact at the moment

realies wrote: »
    I was at the commemoration for the 26 people murdered by the Uvf & British military,or as more commonly know as the forgotten.But it seems its only republican violence that is remembered here by the usual select few.

That wasn't really a protest though, was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Sinn Fein protested peacefully today by releasing black balloons .

How times have changed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's pretty true though

How is it? The people making comments like 'where were all the peaceful republicans' obviously don't even know the meaning of the term..

According to Micky, everyone who has ever identified themselves as a republican is a scumbag!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

How is it? The people making comments like 'where were all the peaceful republicans' obviously don't even know the meaning of the term..

According to Micky, everyone who has ever identified themselves as a republican is a scumbag!

Well no. I know what he means and what he means is pretty true. I would have taken his point as the classic Oscar Wilde quote "Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious". He ain't wrong in this regard at all.

He did not mean anyone who identified themselves as a republican is a scumbag. That is a wrong assumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

How times have changed

That's the point :)

Re-read my post. Every one i've met has been a scumbag. Bit of a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

2v2tsw7.jpg

yer man with the packets of ham:D

How do i get the actual photo in the post?
    The guy in the reebok hoody is full of fail!

Here's another reebok logo http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqeee9Ciwzz2WuTPjZVFn5JYEU6hfMO7RjZyh8GodNZCj-VcKmSg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I was at the commemoration for the 26 people murdered by the Uvf & British military,or as more commonly knowing as the forgotten. But it seems its only republican violence that is remembered here by the usual select few.

Why are the Uvf and the british military known as the forgotten?

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

I squirmed watching footage of those who rioted against the Gardai. Shameful. Protest is fine once peaceful. I don't think the Queen was the issue for them they were just hooligans pure and simple. These images both good and unfortunately bad are being beamed around the world.
    I can see how the financial help being given by Britain, which is a loan, can be viewed cynically. However let us save our cynicism for those who put us in a position to require it in the first place.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

WTF is a hang sandwich? Actually, a quick
    Technically the correct term is hang sammich.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

holyhead wrote: »
    I squirmed watching footage of those who rioted against the Gardai. Shameful. Protest is fine once peaceful. I don't think the Queen was the issue for them they were just hooligans pure and simple. These images both good and unfortunately bad are being beamed around the world.
    I can see how the financial help being given by Britain, which is a loan, can be viewed cynically. However let us save our cynicism for those who put us in a position to require it in the first place.

Some of those tits were there with nothing other than trouble in mind. I mean that ape with his Man Utd jersey stuck in the middle, I swear....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

I was at the commemoration for the 26 people murdered by the Uvf & British military,or as more commonly know as the forgotten.But it seems its only republican violence that is remembered here by the usual select few.

Every bit as execrable and disgusting an act as those committed by other organisations, more disturbing too given apparent state involvement.

Full disclosure from Whitehall on the bombings is long overdue.

Don't see how any right-thinking person on Boards or elsewhere could make any credible case otherwise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement