Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security for state visit OTT?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Hats off to the regular members of AGS and the lads in the POU for their work yesterday.

Scum will be scum unfortunately, so I was delighted to see your lads getting the job done. My missus was locked inside her own shop while those aresholes kicked off outside.

I can only assume that once the POU got the nod, there was smiles all around once they heard "Running line form". :pac:

Good work lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,109 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Whoever ordered (or signed for the delivery of) those new crash barriers (there must be thousands of them?) has some questions to answer! The new barriers have no interlocking mechanism, so the scumbags were easily able to disconnect them (just by lifting) and use them as weapons.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Whoever ordered (or singed for the delivery of) those new crash barriers (there must be thousands of them?) has some questions to answer! The new barriers have no interlocking mechanism, so the scumbags were easily able to disconnect them (jusy by lifting) and use them as weapons.

Ah don't be silly. The shipment of cable ties was just late. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

Whoever ordered (or signed for the delivery of) those new crash barriers (there must be thousands of them?) has some questions to answer! The new barriers have no interlocking mechanism, so the scumbags were easily able to disconnect them (just by lifting) and use them as weapons.

They were brought in from the UK. Would have to agree with you as was one of the people grappling with them when they were trying to hit us over the head with them. Only thing is that as they werent locked we were able to keep moving the barrier backwards as required as we drove them back the barrier line could be continually re-defined.

Spartan09 wrote: »
    They were brought in from the UK. Would have to agree with you as was one of the people grappling with them when they were trying to hit us over the head with them. Only thing is that as they werent locked we were able to keep moving the barrier backwards as required as we drove them back the barrier line could be continually re-defined.
    The barrier I saw up close (in its proper place, I might add :D) had a lot of dangerous-looking welding spatter at the joins.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Contra Proferentem

Lads, you've got to be kidding me:

000492b1-640.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I concur that should be a 50 Kmph Zone at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

As sad as I was to see her go..I couldn't wait for that aircraft to leave the tarmac.

AGS and other agencies did a bloody outstanding job. Very professional and these scum knew the camera's of the world were upon them. As expected this will have done nothing for their cause or reputation either here or overseas.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

iceage wrote: »
    As sad as I was to see her go..I couldn't wait for that aircraft to leave the tarmac.

AGS and other agencies did a bloody outstanding job. Very professional and these scum knew the camera's of the world were upon them. As expected this will have done nothing for their cause or reputation either here or overseas.

And still these muppets were wearing MUFC & LFC tops...... Gobdaws!!! I could say worse......

The old one worked the same way.

• Advertisement

foreign wrote: »
    The old one worked the same way.
    Really? I don't mean to contradict you, but any of the old ones I have seen have a lug on the end of the connecting bar, which means they cannot be decoupled at will just by lifting. The new barriers have no lug on the bar?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Really? I don't mean to contradict you, but any of the old ones I have seen have a lug on the end of the connecting bar, which means they cannot be decoupled at will just by lifting. The new barriers have no lug on the bar?

Must be few and far between...we a pile of them in school that we'd use for various thing, and it was just drop in, lift out. Had them at a place of work a while back too and same story.

You'd think something like people barriers would all be the same, but no :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

In the link Chief posted you can see the three Gardai did recover the Barrier, and there was much rejoicing.

Having been unfortunate to have to separate the old ones I can say they just lift out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Article in todays papers about the procurement of 42km of barriers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Article in todays papers about the procurement of 42km of barriers...

The barriers seem to be "cow gates" used at many concerts and festivals. No doubt they'll be able to flog them (or hire them) on to that industry.

Advertisement