Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoulCalibur V discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

damn it now I have to get this :(
    Im a sucker for this kind of stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

They'll probably not allow edits on Ezio. if they do then all of my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Can't wait for SC5. Hopefully there will be plenty more players now that Street Fighter has fleshed out the community.

Back playing some SCIV, wanna be in good shape when V is released. If anyone is interested, I'll probably be on most nights for a few hours.
    Xbox Live: the k0ng

Also, finally got some ancient footage of SCII and a little bit of IV off a CamCorder and onto my PC. Lashed it up on youtube, pretty bad quality: dabounca's channel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Eyy, you're back!

Is that aul' Hori I modded up for you still working?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

i wonder will they still keep the thing of tira losing health in gloomy stance, that always annoyed the hell outta me

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Is that aul' Hori I modded up for you still working?

Still working like a charm. Can't say the same about the accuracy of my inputs though.

SCV from the Northeast Championships over the weekend. Linked the first of the games. The others should be easy to find.
    Round 1

The SCIV singles grand final : Impressive

The SCIV Europe vs USA team fight: fun series

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

I loved SC so bad on the Dreamcast. When Link came out on the gamecube version of SC2 I flipped the hell out (biggest Zelda fan right here).

SCIV was alright, and SCV is looking pretty damn awesome, but I can't get nearly as excited about the game cause there's no Link :C

What WOULD be awesome though is if they at least let you use all the previous guest character's play styles in character creation. If not, I guess it's back to Kilik again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Lythero wrote: »
    I loved SC so bad on the Dreamcast. When Link came out on the gamecube version of SC2 I flipped the hell out (biggest Zelda fan right here).

SCIV was alright, and SCV is looking pretty damn awesome, but I can't get nearly as excited about the game cause there's no Link :C

What WOULD be awesome though is if they at least let you use all the previous guest character's play styles in character creation. If not, I guess it's back to Kilik again!

Kilik is dead, so he's not in it.

also *cough I'm the biggest zelda fan :p* I even went to the 25th anniversary orchestra

Xiba will have a lot of similarities to Kilik.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

Da Bounca wrote: »
    Xiba will have a lot of similarities to Kilik.

Son-Son is going to be in this game!??!?!

wtfbenson wrote: »
    Son-Son is going to be in this game!??!?!
    Son-Son is a girl...

though you're mostly right.
    Xiba IS Monkey/Son-goku.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Son-Son is a girl...

though you're mostly right.
    Xiba IS Monkey/Son-goku.

I realize she's a girl, it just looked weird to get excited about a male son-son and given the similarity, I just called him son-son. While I was joking, I do genuinely like the design.

im really digging yoshimitsu "new look" with the spilt mask, he better still have the flea and his suicide sword stab :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

So guys, Soul Calibur V is out in February and I, for one can't wait. Glad to be getting more into Street Fighter, but this game is my bread and butter, and I'd really like to get a competitive circuit going.

Who else out there is looking forward to this game? It'd be great to have some good opponents to play, be it competitive or just casual sparring. Love to hear ideas, guys!

There was a short lived SCIV scene a while back. There were some good players, but we just didn't have the numbers to keep it going.

Hopefully all the old heads will come out of the woodwork when SCV is released, as well as some new players.

A regular meet up would be great.
    I'm playing a lot of SCIV at the moment, add me on XBL if you're interested in a few battles. Tag is 'the k0ng'

Good stuff, mate, sent you a request there - gamer tag is 'Mikenyan'

Definitely want to get some regular sessions going.

Definitely want to get some regular sessions going.

yea im looking forward to sc5,
    play mk mostly so that sc has a block button find it similar to the 3d mks

im sure it will see a bit of play at casuals at xgc come release,id say DOC will show it some seeing as that tourny supports alot of games

im on psn though so no point throwing out out my gt i guess
    i know my good buddy originalrazer also will be picking this up that theyve fixed his char for him :P

ps.theres a sc5 thread on page 2 :cool:

• Advertisement

This game is shaping up to be great. Aside from the gameplay mechanics, the overall look of the game is much sleeker. It's much brighter and flashier than IV. One of my biggest complaints about games these days is that they look dull and gritty in an attempt to be realistic. SCIV is just an ugly game - this one is much kinder to the eyes.

I just put my preorder down this week, can barely wait! Playing SCIV a good bit at the moment. XBL tag is 'Mikenyan' - send me a request if you're up for a few bouts!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

iirc sciv was the first game of the irish fighting game community right? Really hope this game is good though..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    iirc sciv was the first game of the irish fighting game community right? Really hope this game is good though..

They were a completely different set of people except I think for kiki... it's a pity because the more games get together the better we can do stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Well. Harada is going to body you.
    But if you body him you could get the Devil Jin style for create a character mode

This is shaping up to be quite the game. All my hype

They were a completely different set of people except I think for kiki... it's a pity because the more games get together the better we can do stuff.
    That's right kids.

I'm OG now.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

I wanna play, but I'll need to practice first ;P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Did I not mention it?

Condensed info:
    Full Sanwa, new layout (Namco Noir 8-button!), see-through, cool bezel.

Hori are also bringing one out, but it's looking like it'll be using Hori stock parts (average) and a horrible gimmicky Start button cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Advertisement