Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoulCalibur V discussion thread

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

I really really wish I had my 360 back. Probably not even in europe top 1000 at this stage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

just bought.. havent played since 2

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

There's a good bit to learn - the mechanics were mostly the same right up to IV, and then they changed significantly in V.

Guard impact is no longer forward or back + Guard, and there's no high or low variant any more, or even the deflect variant. Instead, there's one universal command: back + A+B+K. It repels forward all attacks except throws and unblockables, but costs half a meter stock to execute.

There's also a guard gauge like in Soul Blade.The gauge gradually wears down as you block, and recovers over time. When it runs out, you won't lose your weapon like in Soul Blade, but your guard will be broken and you'll be open to a completely free counter-hit combo.

The other mechanical changes are literally imported from Street Fighter III: super combos (Critical Edges), EX moves (Brave Edge) and parries (Just Guard) - yes, there are SFIII parries in this game, and they are sick. They build meter and give a huge frame advantage, so you want to learn when to use these, and save guard impacts for getting an opponent off you when you're really being pressured.

Advertisement