Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 130 - May 28th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I cannot wait for Edgar v Maynard. Its a tall order to live up to their last one though. I'll be rooting for Edgar again.
    I Like Frank Mir but I can see him getting KO'd in this one.
    Really looking forward to Torres v Johnson too. Always like watching Torres.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

The quality of the card on paper is great. We've been spoilt for choice in that regard of late. All I can say is I cannot wait.

Looking forward to seeing if Thiago Alves can maintain the level of performance from his last fight, he looked amazing last time out. It would seem he's sorted out his weight cutting, which hindered him in previous fights I feel.

Mir/Nelson I am very interested in. I love Nelson on account of his everyman persona and this is a good fight. I hope we see some great BJJ on display in this one but I think it'll probably end up a slugfest.

Edgar/Maynard III? I don't think I need to explain why I cannot wait for this one.

I don't think there's a bad fight on this card. Roll on the 28th!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

cant believe Torres vs Mighty Mouse is on the Prelims...guaranteed fight of the night, DJ will force the issue a bit and make Torres go back to his old self..i really cannot see another fight on the card matching this one :) cant wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/05/09/frankie-edgar-vs-gray-maynard-off-ufc-130/
    Injuries have sidelined both Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard, forcing the cancellation of UFC 130's main event fight, MMA Fighting has learned.

UFC president Dana White confirmed to MMA Fighting that both fighters are out.

According to sources with knowledge of the situation, Edgar broke ribs, while Maynard suffered a knee injury.

The bout would have been the last of the trilogy. Maynard won the first bout in April 2008 in a unanimous decision. In January, the rematch ended in an all-time classic, with Maynard nearly knocking out the champion in the first round before Edgar rebounded and forced a five-round draw.

Maynard-Edgar III is likely to happen in the future, but there is no timetable yet for its scheduling.

With no replacement fight, Quinton Jackson vs. Matt Hamill will be promoted to the main event, while Frank Mir vs. Roy Nelson is the co-main event.

UFC 130 takes place on May 28 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

This sucks so many balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

RebelSoul wrote: »

Ah balls. I just made the poster my desktop background about five minutes ago.

• Advertisement

Hate to be the people who bought tickets only to be greeted with a main event as glorious as Rampage-Hamill. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah now that is a balls! Goddamn MMA injuries ruin everything :mad: Torres Mighty Mouse should def be bumped to the main card now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Alves is bumped to main i think. I would like to see Pettis and Guida brought forward a week and made for an intirm belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just hearing that Edgar V Maynard is off. Balls to that. It's Pettis I feel sorry for.

Rampage V Hamill is a really poor main event in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Aw shít! Was really lookin fotward to it. Ah well at least the Torres fight is still there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Even despite the cancellation there are so many good fights on this card for proper MMA fans. Really looking forward to seeing Santiago in the UFC, I like Brian Stann and hugely popular but possibly over rated. I think Tom Watson may be cornering him as well. Really excited to see Mighty Mouse. A friend of mine from Seattle told me about this guy before he signed with the WEC and I love watching him fight. If the UFC introduces a 125 division there's no doubt in my mind he'd be champ.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Updated preview from above one

Can't wait for Nelson v Mir....pt. 2!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

^^^^
    Roy seems a lot.................slimmer there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Xlami wrote: »
    Really excited to see Mighty Mouse. A friend of mine from Seattle told me about this guy before he signed with the WEC and I love watching him fight. If the UFC introduces a 125 division there's no doubt in my mind he'd be champ.

He'd be a champ anywhere - he once fought GSP for god's sake he'll fight anyone. Met him at Faber vs. Aldo - a complete gent!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

He'd be a champ anywhere - he once fought GSP for god's sake he'll fight anyone. Met him at Faber vs. Aldo - a complete gent!

Yeah he's a great lad and really hope he makes it to the 135 belt. Not his best performance against Pickett that night. When did he fight GSP? Was it a grappling match or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭patjunfa

With the new time for ufc what time does it show in Ireland?
    A local pub said b4 that they'd play this for me but it seemed lime it ends too late. Can anyone tell me the times and station It is on the sat r sun n how late it is likely to run

Tnks

P

Well disappointed to hear the main event is cancelled :-( soo looking forward to that rematch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

patjunfa wrote: »
    With the new time for ufc what time does it show in Ireland?
    A local pub said b4 that they'd play this for me but it seemed lime it ends too late. Can anyone tell me the times and station It is on the sat r sun n how late it is likely to run

The main event runs from 2am - 5am on Sunday morning (late Sat night) with the prelims at 1am, both on ESPN.

Wow that's pretty late. Is it not shown anytime that would be suitable for viewing in Europe?(ireland). Seems silly to have europeans only downloading it..

Wow that's pretty late. Is it not shown anytime that would be suitable for viewing in Europe?(ireland). Seems silly to have europeans only downloading it..

It's repeated on ESPN at 10pm on Sunday night usually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

just record it with your vcr

Never think of people doin that as I've no telly

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Never think of people doin that as I've no telly
    that alone makes it pretty hard to watch it regardless of time.

irish time is pretty bad for UFC, i used to like stay up late to watch them, but since moving to Oz, I prefer being in this time zone.
    Cards start at sunday afternoon, go to the pub, watch the fights, having a few beers. Stay out for the day/night
    I rather be watching it warming up into a session, than coming off a session.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I'm looking forward to Mir/Nelson however love watching Stefan Struve fight, its going to be a close fight I think, should be a good match.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    ^^^^
    Roy seems a lot.................slimmer there

i saw he in a video last month, he looks like he lost a good deal of weight

Press Conference stream goes live at 9pm GMT

http://www.ufc.tv/ufc/video/ufc-130-pre-fight-press-conference/514

• Registered Users Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to Mir/Nelson however love watching Stefan Struve fight, its going to be a close fight I think, should be a good match.
    Yeah Struve is pretty awesome, looking forward to seeing him again. Mir and Roy should be good. too. Still looking forward to it even without Edgar/Maynard.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

adamski8 wrote: »
    just record it with your vcr
    What is contraption you speak of? O_o

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

• Advertisement

This interview with Rampage is worth watching: Link

Advertisement