Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shale Gas - Mod note post#117

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Tidyweb wrote: »
    One thing I have learnt about the "anti" groups is that they dont read details. They read headlines and look for names like Cornell that hopefully will further their argument.

I have spoken with alot of protestors regarding Fraking and Gasland is always mentioned and even defended.

Its the equivelent of someone who hates sharks qouting from JAWS.

For the anti argument to ever move forward, they must park Gasland and any reference to Gasland and start working with the facts. And there are plently of facts that support their case, but Rolling Stone mag. isnt a respected source. You only need to flick through the pages of Rolling Stone to get a feel for their agenda.

Fracking may well be a distaster for the world, but stop the silliness and start to support the argument properly and people may listen. Remember nobody is at the moment as Fracking is happening all over America, not in Europe, but in Europe they have Neuclear and Coal, go figure.

Attached is a rebutted link to the Rolling Stone Article.
    http://www.chk.com/News/Articles/Pages/release_20120302.aspx

Are you seriously linking a rebuttal by Chesapeake gas company itself!!

Good journalism is about looking at all the facts

Local journalism
    http://www.sligotoday.ie/details.php?id=18991

An international from yesterday
    http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2012/03/201234193114340562.html

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tidyweb

Thats how a rebuttal works.

Regarding journalism - are you really suggesting that the Sligo Champion research stories. They "copy paste" like a student doing a school project.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tidyweb

I read the Champion report - Is the journalism? Does it sound like it was written by somebody who knows what they are talking about or someone who will rehash whatever populist idea will gain support.

"SligoToday.ie understands that Tamboran will therefore be unable to stand by their publicly declared promise not to use chemicals in the process here. Once they carry out the exploration phase, their involvement will cease and the new drilling company will proceed 'as normal' and free to use over 500 varied chemicals to extract the gas. They may even use the new 'Super Fracking' process - See SligoToday.ie 23/1/12"

What a joke of a statement - they will need planning permissions, EIS etc etc etc. You cant just change the process half way through.

The question is not whether we are against "fracking", it is whether we trust our government agencies to uphold the law.

"The process known as 'fracking' involves forcing up to 10 million gallons of fluid as far as 1,000 metres below the surface to crack open rock formations" - Generallly more than 1000m, usually 4000m in the US, albeit not in Ireland.

"However, pollution can occur if seals break in the vertical pipeline underground, which runs through aquifers and other water supplies." As with any drilling method.

"Last May, France became the first country to ban 'fracking', while a moratorium has been placed on the method in New York state." - From the country who run from Nuclear energy.

They need investment and PR - is the unusual?

Cutting Edge journalism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭BettyM

Tidyweb wrote: »
    I read the Champion report - Is the journalism? Does it sound like it was written by somebody who knows what they are talking about or someone who will rehash whatever populist idea will gain support.

"SligoToday.ie understands that Tamboran will therefore be unable to stand by their publicly declared promise not to use chemicals in the process here. Once they carry out the exploration phase, their involvement will cease and the new drilling company will proceed 'as normal' and free to use over 500 varied chemicals to extract the gas. They may even use the new 'Super Fracking' process - See SligoToday.ie 23/1/12"

What a joke of a statement - they will need planning permissions, EIS etc etc etc. You cant just change the process half way through.

The question is not whether we are against "fracking", it is whether we trust our government agencies to uphold the law.

"The process known as 'fracking' involves forcing up to 10 million gallons of fluid as far as 1,000 metres below the surface to crack open rock formations" - Generallly more than 1000m, usually 4000m in the US, albeit not in Ireland.

"However, pollution can occur if seals break in the vertical pipeline underground, which runs through aquifers and other water supplies." As with any drilling method.

"Last May, France became the first country to ban 'fracking', while a moratorium has been placed on the method in New York state." - From the country who run from Nuclear energy.

They need investment and PR - is the unusual?

Cutting Edge journalism.

I'd have to say that your posts here have the feel of someone who is against the practice of fracking, and who wants to welcome any evidence against it, and shun any evidence in its favour. Thats the overwhelming impression I get from your posts, and wonder do you think thats fair or unfair?

Many years agao i was introduced to a concept which Edward De Bono calls the "intelligence trap", and would advise anyone to google it and read it, as up to that point I fell hook, line and sinker into it, but after reading it and taking the advice, I am now able to no longer fall into it as often as I otherwise might.

• Advertisement

FYI

Lecture tomorrow by visiting German expert on fracking.

How Public opinion and the media have turned against FRACKING in Germany’

Helmut Fehr, Geoscientist and German Green Party councillor will give a presentation in the Rainbow Ballroom Glenfarne on the topic of ‘How Public opinion and the media have turned against FRACKING in Germany’. Last August Helmut spoke to a crowded house in Drumshanbo, about his experiences in Westphalia where the community learnt gradually how to interpret the language of the companies to be able to gain a full picture of the process. In his last seminar helmut gave further stark warnings that are relevant to Ireland. He spoke of how the companies engage the politicians with promises of tax revenues and jobs, promises he expressed were empty as it meant displacing other jobs.
    Helmut Fehr is an ambassador of a model to ensure that there is proper public particpation in decesion making concerning this technique. There is currently a moratorium in place in Westphalia.

Get an opportunity to hear his first hand experience and make your own mind up.
    Lecture will be followed by a questions and answer session.

In Ballroom of Romance, Glenfarne, Co. Leitrim on Mon Apr 2nd at 7.30pm.
    Entry Free.

For further information please contact: 086 0870090

• Registered Users Posts: 13,074 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Yesterday and today there are feature artciles in the FT on shale gas.

TODAY, Tuesday:

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/a5053c50-8d2b-11e1-9798-00144feab49a.html#axzz1sx41cWWc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,074 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

The boom in natural gas in the USA has driven prices down, some would say too low.

As there isn't a fully developed world market in gas yet, prices are way higher in other places.

[IMG]http://im.media.ft.com/content/images/794c079c-8d6c-11e1-9798-00144feab49a.img?width=213&height=300&title=&desc=Burning difference natural gas prices btu[/IMG]

Sustainable communities verus nurturing community division. :(

http://www.sligotoday.ie/details.php?id=19901&fb_source=message

Just want to alert you to this which may be of interest to some people here.

Your Future is in your hands: Don’t let it get Fracked!

The people of the North West are invited to a public awareness meeting about the future of gas mining in their area, where they will be reminded they have the power to stop it.

Your Future is in Your hands-Don’t let Leitrim get Fracked is been hosted by the Love Leitrim Group in the Bee Park Centre, Manorhamilton, Leitrim, on Tuesday 12th June 8.30pm.

It is organised to respond to the recently published Environmental Protection Agencies (EPA) desktop study from Aberdeen University. The report looked at aspects of the process of hydraulic fracturing using peer-reviewed data available.

The objectives of the night are to draw on that report and review the latest research at the meeting. The wider aspects not covered by the study of the procedure will also be investigated. These include health aspects, economic reverberations, the visual impact, as well as looking at the specific geology of the area proposed.

A panel of experts will be in attendance on the night, including local GP, Dr. Carroll O Dolan, Vet Rob Doyle, (MVB) and the Sligo based Hydro geologist David Galazzi. The Chair on the night will be Mary Daly.

Eddie Mitchell PRO Love Leitrim says

People should come along and engage with the information and help develop all of our knowledge about the proposed development. We are committed to a scientific and evidence based argument and making our decisions based on it. We will be presenting this information to the wider community so that they make their own minds up, or deepen their awareness of the issue.

The running theme of the night will be that people have the power to change the licence.

Eddie explains

The people of North West are the biggest stakeholders and have the most to lose in this issue. We need to stand together for the sake of our children’s future. We all have a role to play.

For more information on the event please contact proloveleitrim@hotmail.com
    Or Love Leitrim on 085 1053319

• Advertisement

The need to debate what sustainable versus whats not.

This is a good start and rich piece of desk top research that shows the importance of the agricultural industry and the risk associated nationally if fracking were to be introduced.

http://shalegasresearchireland.wordp...-gas-question/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It strikes me that the only reason why there is so much noise about so little...2 proposed hydrologically fracked test wells with no exotic injection mixes deployed ...is to land some people consultancy jobs for all sorts of studies that are of no use whatsoever.

After they drill the two wells the companies will probably go away somewhere they can deploy their capital more efficiently and where the consultancy buyoff stack is smaller.

So there is no need to worry about the test program, whatever about medium-large scale extraction which will never happen in Ireland.

Initial area 3000 wells in 80,000 acres, but they are looking at up to 9000 wells in 280,000 acres. (according to Tamboran) This means vaste industralistation of what is now a rural eco tourism area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

tuppence wrote: »
    The need to debate what sustainable versus whats not.

This is a good start and rich piece of desk top research that shows the importance of the agricultural industry and the risk associated nationally if fracking were to be introduced.

http://shalegasresearchireland.wordp...-gas-question/

FACT: The biggest risk to groundwater in Ireland is the Agri industry itself. Not the heavy chemical or the petroleum industry. They have a bad record of controlling chemical spill off. You can see any of the EPA reports to back this up

http://shalegasresearchireland.wordpress.com/2012/06/08/synopsis-of-agrifood-report/

As for this "Shale Gas Report Ireland". It's not a report at all. It's published by a blog and it is not reviewed by any peers. They don't even quote sources for god's sake. If I submitted that to my supervisor as a dissertation, I would have been laughed out of college.

It's anti frack opinion purporting itself as fact at the end of the day. Serves nothing more then to muddy the waters in this argument

BX 19 wrote: »
    FACT: The biggest risk to groundwater in Ireland is the Agri industry itself. Not the heavy chemical or the petroleum industry. They have a bad record of controlling chemical spill off. You can see any of the EPA reports to back this up

http://shalegasresearchireland.wordpress.com/2012/06/08/synopsis-of-agrifood-report/

As for this "Shale Gas Report Ireland". It's not a report at all. It's published by a blog and it is not reviewed by any peers. They don't even quote sources for god's sake. If I submitted that to my supervisor as a dissertation, I would have been laughed out of college.

It's anti frack opinion purporting itself as fact at the end of the day. Serves nothing more then to muddy the waters in this argument

So you suggest the situation is compounded by bringing in what is a observed as a dirty industry that is so new theres no skill level here, or staffing to regulate it? (the EPA themselves would admit that).

The report is an attempt in widening the framework of the argument beyond what as become pigeon holed arguments of chemicals/no chemicals and the like. Its got limitations for sure and I would have also liked it to be tighter and fed that back. There also an arguement to suggest that theres a certain elitism going on in this whole debate, where the public and certainly the people living in the area are'nt recognised properly as stakeholders, and that needs to be addressed.

And as you are concerned about best practice in research perhaps you should address the desk top research commisioned by the EPA which had 7 peer reviewed studies it cites from, along with newspaper articles (!) hardly comprehensive either. It also rounds up conclusions at odds with its main text. And trys to compare geology of America with the part of Ireland that isnt comparing like with like, especially when the drilling will be shallower here and closer to the aquifers and thereby a riskier situation. But then if you pay 6000 euro....And the university was the only institution that tendered for that piece of work, but of course thats another story. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

So you suggest the situation is compounded by bringing in what is a observed as a dirty industry that is so new theres no skill level here, or staffing to regulate it? (the EPA themselves would admit that).

Firstly it's not new in any way at all. It's around since the 40's no matter what leitrim against fracking say.

Secondly there are plenty of qualified Geologists, Engineers and Hydrologists in Ireland. I'm qualified not too long myself, but there is a strong base of the above that are highly qualified and are highly experienced here.
    The report is an attempt in widening the framework of the argument beyond what as become pigeon holed arguments of chemicals/no chemicals and the like. Its got limitations for sure and I would have also liked it to be tighter and fed that back. There also an arguement to suggest that theres a certain elitism going on in this whole debate, where the public and certainly the people living in the area are'nt recognised properly as stakeholders, and that needs to be addressed.

Its not a report in the traditional sense. Its a loosely conglomerated group of opinions. Until it's published in a peer reviewed setting, its nothing more then opinion. Elitist? I'd like a clear factual overview of the matter and calling themselves "Shale Gas Report Ireland" when it's just unjustified opinion is nothing more then muddying the waters. It's not helping the matter at all. I don't even know if they have an ulterior agenda here.

Asking for the facts is not elitist, it's just common sense.
    And as you are concerned about best practice in research perhaps you should address the desk top research commisioned by the EPA which had 7 peer reviewed studies it cites from, along with newspaper articles (!) hardly comprehensive either. It also rounds up conclusions at odds with its main text. And trys to compare geology of America with the part of Ireland that isnt comparing like with like, especially when the drilling will be shallower here and closer to the aquifers and thereby a riskier situation. But then if you pay 6000 euro....And the university was the only institution that tendered for that piece of work, but of course thats another story. :pac:

They said it themselves, it was a preliminary report. They are still conducting studies into it.

The US and Ireland while many thousands of miles apart today can and do have similarities geology wise, they were once quite close geographically. There are differences though - fractures and faulting, which play a large part of our shale fields.

Where are you getting the figures of the depths of the Shannon basin aquifer? And the depth of the Shale?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭BettyM

Firstly it's not new in any way at all. It's around since the 40's no matter what leitrim against fracking say.

Secondly there are plenty of qualified Geologists, Engineers and Hydrologists in Ireland. I'm qualified not too long myself, but there is a strong base of the above that are highly qualified and are highly experienced here.

Its not a report in the traditional sense. Its a loosely conglomerated group of opinions. Until it's published in a peer reviewed setting, its nothing more then opinion. Elitist? I'd like a clear factual overview of the matter and calling themselves "Shale Gas Report Ireland" when it's just unjustified opinion is nothing more then muddying the waters. It's not helping the matter at all. I don't even know if they have an ulterior agenda here.

They said it themselves, it was a preliminary report. They are still conducting studies into it.

The US and Ireland while many thousands of miles apart today can and do have similarities geology wise, they were once quite close geographically. There are differences though - fractures and faulting, which play a large part of our shale fields.

Where are you getting the figures of the depths of the Shannon basin aquifer? And the depth of the Shale?

One curious feature of Irish society is that there has always been a strong element of anti intellectualism in it, and a suspicion and distrust of higher education.

Consequently, many of the sorts of people who join such protest groups don't join because they want to find out more before making up their minds, but make up their minds before finding out the facts (these days often on the basis of a youtube video or similar) and no matter what evidence is forthcoming afterwards they will not budge.

It's known as "invincible ignorance" and is summed up very well by Dr Edward de Bono in his writings about the intelligence trap. What he points out is that the intelligence trap is something intelligent people also fall into, and is not just the preserve of the unintelligent.

To try to hold a logical argument with such people is pointless, as they are not open to learning or to changing their minds, and even if you could "prove" the issue either way, they are still neither able or willing to learn. You can see that right across boards in many serious threads, where some hunker down and ignore any evidence which might question cherished beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Energy Manager

People in Ireland have learned to trust what they can validate. The problem with education or lack of understanding is that many people that feel educated don't bother to analyse or research. There is an expectation on their part that because information comes from a trusted source that they have a natural disposition towards, it must be acceptable. Get real Betty and conduct your own research. Look for data not just opinions. Listen to everybody before you form a opinion. Don't just assume people who don't agree with you are thick or somewhat unfortunate intellectually. Always be open to change your mind.

Pls excuse am unable to get back to the boards as much as would like.

Any detail and graphs sourced is I believe from tamboran own data and/or British geological society sources afaik but will get back to you if I find out any different. Its the horizontal drilling aspect to this fracking that is new.

Re the piece. Recognise the importance of peer review. Above was secondary analysis not primary research and mentioned already draw backs. I am well aware that there is many professionals and am proud to say we have many within our masses as I am too.

We all know the usefulness of peer reviewed sources for validity. But if anyone was following this you would realise that there is a delay in a huge amt of data coming through because it hadnt been monitored properly, and because the companies have not historically needed to be transperent etc. A great deal of research however that has been coming through in the many aspects of hydrualic fracturing is worrisome. I have referred on countless occassions to this type of data and shant again here. To take things in isolation and pigeon hole each aspect without looking at how each aspect effects each other has been a huge flaw in the debate. This isnt about the just fracking, its about the land mass coverage and area industrialsation that follows it, its not just about earthquakes and the relative size of them its also about the potential of these to cause damage in the caseing lining. Its about an industry with huge lobbying power, its about projections and investors too.

There has been an important place for good investigative work like the New York Times pieces that highlight the industry and get people thinking about the wider aspects of this. Heres a documentary piece that provides food for thought imo which is always useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPIEzSwPwT0&feature=player_embedded

BettyM wrote: »
    One curious feature of Irish society is that there has always been a strong element of anti intellectualism in it, and a suspicion and distrust of higher education.

Consequently, many of the sorts of people who join such protest groups don't join because they want to find out more before making up their minds, but make up their minds before finding out the facts (these days often on the basis of a youtube video or similar) and no matter what evidence is forthcoming afterwards they will not budge.

It's known as "invincible ignorance" and is summed up very well by Dr Edward de Bono in his writings about the intelligence trap. What he points out is that the intelligence trap is something intelligent people also fall into, and is not just the preserve of the unintelligent.

To try to hold a logical argument with such people is pointless, as they are not open to learning or to changing their minds, and even if you could "prove" the issue either way, they are still neither able or willing to learn. You can see that right across boards in many serious threads, where some hunker down and ignore any evidence which might question cherished beliefs.

You need to relax a bit more and I have just the thing for you. Call it field research down with 'those sorts' of people that may be effected by this firstly, but then this is a national issue that will effect the exchequer if it were to go through, our reputation with external markets, let alone how we view ourselves. So come along you may be pleasantly surprised at how well the natives can engage and its always good for everyone to open their horizons.

http://www.mylocalnews.ie/articles/529/13/love-leitrim-260567/10-km-event-to-celebrate-landscape-of-leitrim-39151/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Hurler85

It seems that the NIMBY phenomenon is forever going to be a thorn in the side of electricity generation in Ireland. Since the 70's it has been 'NO' to nuclear, yet we have no problem receiving nuclear generated power from Britain through the inter connector.

RTE news report yesterday evening focused on the nuisance of living adjacent to wind turbines (how many objections to wind farm planning will that generate)

The government policy of constructing medium sized CCGT is now under threat due to the crazy price of gas on the world market. We have our own gas at our finger tips ready to be grasped but people dont want exploration companies coming in as a result of protester scaremongering. The shale gas in Leitrim could be a major asset not just on a national scale, but would also provide a welcome boost to a local economy in need of investment.

Two things need to happen going forward.

An INDEPENDENT review on the safety of fracking carried out by professional EXPERTS needs to be circulated to ascertain the facts of the process.

A government review on state ownership of national resources need to be carried to ensure that we not only get a fair slice of the profits, but also assurances that a set portion of resources stay within the country for our own use.

It about time that we realised that we dont have the luxury of refusing investment in our country because of narrow minded ideals.

Hurler85 wrote: »
    It seems that the NIMBY phenomenon is forever going to be a thorn in the side of electricity generation in Ireland. Since the 70's it has been 'NO' to nuclear, yet we have no problem receiving nuclear generated power from Britain through the inter connector.

RTE news report yesterday evening focused on the nuisance of living adjacent to wind turbines (how many objections to wind farm planning will that generate)

The government policy of constructing medium sized CCGT is now under threat due to the crazy price of gas on the world market. We have our own gas at our finger tips ready to be grasped but people dont want exploration companies coming in as a result of protester scaremongering. The shale gas in Leitrim could be a major asset not just on a national scale, but would also provide a welcome boost to a local economy in need of investment.

Two things need to happen going forward.

An INDEPENDENT review on the safety of fracking carried out by professional EXPERTS needs to be circulated to ascertain the facts of the process.

A government review on state ownership of national resources need to be carried to ensure that we not only get a fair slice of the profits, but also assurances that a set portion of resources stay within the country for our own use.

It about time that we realised that we dont have the luxury of refusing investment in our country because of narrow minded ideals.

This isnt a simple issue and cant be treated as such. As seen above its multifaceted. Yes to information but some of the long term data on public health will be a few years down the line. In that case the precautionery principle needs to come to play. Evidence that has begun to come through isnt good about this industry. Pls see this peer reviewed study about animal and human health for example. http://www.psehealthyenergy.org/data/Bamberger_Oswald_NS22_in_press.pdf
    Surely its about time we stopped jumping at the get rich fast option as that hasnt worked and we risk losing sustainable industry not to mention the health of our population. Even if one was looking at the crude economics its becoming clearer in more examples that the industry is not a transperent honest one, with projections of potential reserves overinflated. The fact that Exxonmobil pulled out of Poland which has been seen as flagship of Europe (even when Bulgaria and France has banned it) illustrates this, the real figures were one tenth of what the companies forecast. These types of inflated projections have been seen time and again and respected commentators exposing whats appearing now as a boom/bust industry. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brendan-demelle/shale-gas-bubble-insiders_b_1199138.html
    So far from people being idealistic maybe we need to wise up to the tricks of the industry as it "talks itself up" to get investors.
    Its a national issue about looking at our ideals, and its no harm for us to question more.

The licences that have been granted in this country means that if it gets a foothold its potentially be moving to a place near many people anyway. http://www.indymedia.ie/article/101995

For those of you in Dublin, Fermanagh, and leitrim you might be interested in attending this American author over here speaking on the wider industry.

Doggedly independent, undaunted by power. Palast's stories bite, they're so relevant they threaten to alter history"
    -Chicago Tribune

ENNISKILLEN
    No.6 Cafe Merlot, Monday 2nd July, 1pm - Talk and Book Signing

CARRICK-on-SHANNON
    Bush Hotel, Monday 2nd July, 8pm - Talk and Book Signing.

DUBLIN
    Connolly Books, Temple Bar, Tuesday 3rd July, 1pm - Talk and Book Signing.

DUBLIN
    The Ireland Institute, 27 Pearse St. D2, Tuesday 3rd July, 7.30pm - Talk and Book Signing.

*All Events Admission Free

With his most recent publication Vulture's Picnic - the New York Times bestselling author of Armed Madhouse offers a globetrotting, Sam Spade-style investigation that blows the lid off the oil industry, the banking industry, and the governmental agencies that aren't regulating either.

This is the story of the corporate vultures that feed on the weak and ruin our planet in the process-a story that spans the globe and decades.

For Vultures' Picnic Palast built a team that reads like a casting call for a Hollywood thriller - a Swiss multilingual investigator, a punk journalist, and a gonzo cameraman-to reveal how environmental disasters like the Gulf oil spill, the Exxon Valdez, and lesser-known tragedies such as Tatitlek and Torrey Canyon are caused by corporate corruption, failed legislation, and, most interestingly, veiled connections between the financial industry and energy titans.

He is bringing his insights into the global hydrofracking rush to Ireland at the request of local anti-fracking campaigners. He, as a long term resident of New York, has had a front row seat in a conflict raging there between multinational oil and gas companies and a mass campaign who do not want the Marcellus Shale to be fracked.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/profile/gregpalast

Apparently, by all accounts Greg Palast Talk in Ireland Institute at 7.30 PM will be streamed (all going well) on http://www.ustream.tv/ch

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

Sligo Rovers players Gavin Peers and Pascal Millien wearing "Love Football-Hate Fracking" t-shirts to help raise awareness about the dangers of Hydraulic Fracturing (Fracking).

Another good article by Sligo today, covering this issue in far more depth than many more others out there, who should be. Lets hope that this is rectified soon for all our sakes.
    http://www.sligotoday.ie/details.php...e508115af5ac2b

• Advertisement

International Chair of Friends Of the Earth coming to Ireland to share some harsh lessons from communities who have been resisting oil and gas industry in Nigeria. Speaking at three separate events. First one Manorhamilton,Leitrim on Friday 17th August to show solidarity with the community there who are in their own David and Golliath battle with the industry. Accompanied by Sr Majella Carmody.

http://www.activelink.ie/node/9786

Advertisement